logo

Nationstar Mortgage

Posted: 2012-11-28 by    Eric VT

Loan Modification

Nationstar Mortgage
I had previously been with Aurora Loan Services and had been trying to get a loan modification through them for almost 3 years!! What a fiasco! On July 23rd I received a letter from Nationstar Mortgage telling me that they are now my loan servicer. Aurora should have, by law, sent me a notification at least 15 days before the transfer but did not. Nationstar should have notified me 15 days after the transfer, they did not! I went through Hope Now (HAMP) to start a new loan modification application. That was on August 20, 2012. I am a 100% Disabled Veteran and receive disability benefits. I do not work, cannot work and therefore do not file income tax returns as I have no other source of income. Nationstar has requested the IRS form 4506-T at least 10 times in 3 months time. Each time they tell me they need it filled out differently! There are only 5 different ways to fill out this form!! They also continually ask me for my last two paycheck stubs and my most recent tax return. I got so frustrated with them that I call the IRS. The lady I spoke with said she would write them a letter stating they have no record of a 1040, 1040A or a 1040EZ on my social security number and to consider the letter verification of non-filing. She faxed me a copy and I immediately faxed it to Nationstar. That was October 30 and they have asked for the IRS form 4506-T 3 times since then.
I realize they can ask for any information they need for the loan modification process but this is getting close to grounds for discrimination. They have never asked for any other paperwork more than the first time except for an updated bank statement.
As I am on a fixed income, I do not have the finances to sue Nationstar but I would hope that an attorney would read my complaint along with all the others and help us do something about Nationstar and all the other shysters like them!
Comments United States Mortgage Companies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of Mar, 2011 by   LMIDD 0 Votes
MY PREVIOUS MORTGAGE SERVICER, SUNTRUST MORTGAGE, AFTER I APPLY FOR A LOAN MODIFICATION IN JANUARY, 2010, AND A TRIAL PERIOD OF TRHEE MONTH GAVE ME A FINAL LOAN MODIFICATION AGREEMENTAFEECTIVE JULY 1ST, 2010. IN NOVEMBER 12, 2010 I RECEIVED A LETTER FROM SUNTRUST MORTGAGE TELLING ME THAT NATIONSTAR MORTGAGE WAS TAKING OVER EFFECTIVE DECCEMBER 1ST, 2010, WITH IN THE SAME TERMS. I NEVER MISSED A PAYMENT WITH SUNTRUST MORTAGE. SINCE THEN I HAVE BEEN SENDING MY PAYMENTS TO NATIONSTAR EVERY MONTH. BUT THIS COMPANY NOW SAID THAT THEY ARE NOT HONORING MY LOAN MODIFICATION AGREEMENTEFECTIVE JULY 1ST, 2010 WITH SUNTRUST MORTGAGE AFTER NINE(9) MONTHS OF PAYMENTS. I NEVER MISSED A PAYMENT. NOT ONLY THAT THEY ARE REPORTING LATE PAYMENTS OF 150 DAYS TO THE CREDIT BUREAU WICH IS FALSE INFORMATION. THEY ARE RECEIVING MY PAYMENTS EVERY MONTH AND STILL REPORTING FALSE INFORMATION TO THE CREDIT BUREAU. THEY ARE HARASSING ME EVERY DAY WITH PHONE CALLS AND THEY ARE DAMAGING MY CREDIT HISTORY. IM SEEKING ALL KING OF HELP AT ANY LEVEL IN THE GOVERMENT AGAINS THIS COMPANY. THIS COMPANY SHOULDN'T BEEN IN BUSINESS
 2nd of Mar, 2012 by   Seaniemo 0 Votes
We moved into our house in 2007. I was game-fully employed and ended up being laid off. During that time Citi sold our mortgage to Nationstar (which is wrong but legal) right after the big bailout. We had fallen behind a lot but like many others reached out to Nationstar for assistance. The amount that was selected for our trial basis for the loan Mod was $1000.00 less than what we could hardly afford to pay already, so I reached out to Nationstar again. For the last 1 1/2 years we have filled out the same paperwork more than enough times and we still get the same robo-calls with no results. This has cause serious issues in the marriage and the home. I am really pissed because the so-called Obama programs are lotteries and NOT everyone gets help. Nationstar (like the recording says) act more like a debt collector rather then a mortgage company. I have spoken to at least 10 or more different people and NOT one of them has stated anything to make me feel as though we are going to get any help keeping our home. BE AWARE THAT THEY HAVE LAW TEAMS AND LAWS THAT PROTECT THIS KIND OF PRACTICE. ALSO KNOW WHEN YOU FILL & RE-FILL OUT THE PAPERWORK AND SEND IT IN...IT GOES IN A PILE AND IS NOT PROCESSED FOR REAL!!!

I have done my research and found this out. Since our GOVERNMENT does NOT feel it is important to hold companies like this responsible for the bogus practices I think a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT SEEMS LIKE THE BEST REMEDY!!
 21st of Oct, 2012 by   Emak 0 Votes
I am with you all 1000%...let's go ahead with the class action suit ! we are all over the country and have gone through the same deceptive practices that Nationstar has been doing for years, why are we allowing them to get away with it???? Was it our fault that our mortgages were sold to them? NO! In Oct 2009 we applied for a loan modification with Citi, then Nov 2009, we received a letter stating that our mortgage was now with Nationstar, we then went ahead and completed a loan modification application withe them the same month. After sending us a long list of docs needed which we sent, in Dec 2009 my hubby got laid off and they told us we can't get a loan modification but we can applied for thee HAMP program. This we didn't get approved for until Mar 2011 ! My hubby had to take money from his 401K, along withe the unemployment money to pay our mortgage from Jan 2010 - Mar 2011. So after the approval for the HAMP, they reduced it by $1100 for 6 months, after that they sent a letter demanding the difference in the 7th month. My hubby by then got a job but his salary was cut by 40%!!! So we asked for refinance and/or modification, they said we couldn't refinance due to so much crap -DTI! However we went for modification again, since he now had a job and they stated nothing could have been done without stable income. WELLLLLL...that was a lie because it is now Oct 2012 and we have sent in every docs that they requested even though they keep on saying they didn't get the docs, we keep sending and sending...now we decided to stop making the mortgage pymt because we just can't afford with 2 kids in college, we had to take 1 out and put her in community college and it has just been very hard, barely making ends met living from paycheck to paycheck. When we filed our tax return we owe IRS a whopping $7000 for taking $$ out of the 401K and now they refuse to modify the mortgage, the house is "under water/upside down" by over $90K and they filed a complaint to foreclose. We responded to that complaint listing all the issues, calls, correspondence in chronological order to the court, now when they got our response to the complaint they decided that "OH, we can modify it for $500 less" however only for 3 months after that we don't know if the figure will stay the same!! Really??? We said a BIG NO! to that! So now, we are waiting patiently on that foreclosure letter but in the meanwhile I had someone call the lawyer firm they used to send us the complaint, they asked the lawyer firm what is the status on our property and they answered "nothing", there is nothing pending and no date for anything to be filed! we were like "WOW" because we did our homework and responded to their complaint now they have put our file aside because the law states that if clients have applied for a modification or refinance, they CANNOT refer us to foreclosure. You see, you have to do your homework, check on the Internet, read all the issues regarding these banks and their deceptive practices. Ensure that you are informed and know your rights!! So know they have these ROBOCALLs and their foreclosure specialist calling daily but guess what I don't even respond because we are waiting for our day in court. We have all our docs, notes etc ready and waiting for them. Do you know the court can sanction them to modify the mortgage? Yes, they can because they have put us off for so long with no reason but keep on requesting the same docs over and over! It is stressful but we have not sent them a dime and we are waiting patiently so even if they get this property back they CANNOT sell it for what is owed, so you would think the dummies would just modify the mortgage and work withe us.. oh no!! They are rude, dishonest, deceptive and are downright predatory lenders or should I say servicer!! They will get what's coming to them as God don't like ugly!
 24th of Oct, 2012 by   renee jackson 0 Votes
same with me i was waiting for a modification from Aurora bank had been with them for years, sent in all my paperwork, and then AURORA told me that Nation star took over my loan.now there has been no calls no letters, no nothing from nation star. am in foreclosure, because of this sh*t.Somebody need to stop this .I need help to stop this insanity, just taking our houses, and reselling them.renee-luv07@live.com
 8th of Dec, 2012 by   Joyce Weaver 0 Votes
I have 4 loans with them, they are a joke/

Website Hijacking. Know who are dealing with!

Latest Groups