logo

Award Notification Commission
2000000.00 winner
5. (19 mins ago)
PCS Legal Dept/Advance Cash USA
Claiming a lawsuit has been filed against me

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Nationstar Mortgage

Posted: 2011-08-23 by    TKJ

Mortgage Payments

NationStar Mortgage
In July, my mortgage was purchased by Nationstar Mortgage. Originally my loan was serviced through First Horizon. Each month, I have my mortgage automatically withdrawn from my bank to ensure that payments make it to my creditors on time. In addition, I always pay more than the minimum due on my mortgage and ask that the mortgage company apply the extra payment to the principle.

In July when my mortgage was transferred to Nationstar my bank erroneously sent two checks in the amount of $450 each to First Horizon for my July mortgage. On July 12th I called First Horizon who was still servicing my loan until the 15th of the month to make them aware of the error. I was informed by the customer service rep that the only way to correct the error would be to stop payment on the second check. She informed me that the mortgage company would apply one check to my account keeping it current and stop payment on the other. So, that’s what I did.

Weeks later I was contacted by Nationstar, the new mortgage company, notifying me that since I cancelled the EXTRA payment, the next month I would have to send certified funds and that I would be charged a $30 insufficient funds fee. I explained to the Nationstar customer service rep, Ursula, and the customer service manager that the check was not stopped for insufficient funds but that in the transfer from one mortgage company to another my bank erroneously sent two checks and that I stopped the check per the instructions of the First Horizon customer service rep.

I argued that I should not be penalized for canceling an EXTRA payment that was not required and was not intended for them anyway. I explained to the rep that I never intended to pay Nationstar $900 for the month of July when my mortgage note is only $428.42. I also tried to explain to the rep that it was the First Horizon rep who advised me to cancel the extra payment.

During a time when people are walking away from their mortgages, I am furious that this company would try to penalize me, a paying customer with a current pay history for stopping payment on a check that was not supposed to go to them anyway. The manager was rude and unhelpful. She made it appear as though this company is so desperate for a $30 fee that they would risk losing a paying customer. Ridiculous!
Comments United States Mortgage Companies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Sep, 2011 by   Bill Smithers 0 Votes
Did you call your bank and tell them?
 29th of Nov, 2013 by   Paul and Dianne Brown 0 Votes
Since Nationstar took over as our mortgage banker we are unable to receive a statement each month, ( even tho I requested it) letting us know where our payment is going, including interest, principle, escrow. this is all we ask for, repeatedley. We get nothing, who do we call? Paul and Dianne Brown

How to Make Money with Mobile Internet