logo

PositionMEonline and Reeltime Media
Business in Trouble???
3. (1 hr 9 mins ago)
dresses1000.com
Ignore communication and no delivery
4. (1 hr 11 mins ago)
MTN
Cannot make contact with anybody at MTN
5. (1 hr 42 mins ago)
Igor and Kasbar are scammers
IGOR aka KASBAR is a Ripper

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

National Write Your Congressman, Richardson, Texas Complaints & Reviews - Lies about research

National Write Your Congressman Contacts & Informations

2435 N.Central Expressway Ste. 300
Richardson, Texas
Phone: 7209982953
nwyc.com
Salesman from this company will waste an hour of your time, will ask you to fill research form etc. only for purpose to convince you to become a member and pay members fee. I found my research form in the garbage after the salesman left my office. They don't need your opinion - they need only your money. They visit small businesses and explain how it is important to express your opinion via this company and it is the only way to bring information to the congressman. And you have to pay. Then your opinion will be in garbage - it doesn't go to your congressman.
Comments United States Non-profit Organizations
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More National Write Your Congressman complaints
National Write Your Congressman - Prey on Elderly

Comments

27th of Sep, 2010 by   awlstone 0 Votes
You could not be more wrong.
Yes, they are soliciting membership in their information services, but it is reasonable for any company providing a service to be paid for said service. All opinion ballots are forwarded to the appropriate lawmaker, regardless of whether or not you choose to participate. If yours was put into the garbage, it is a violation of company policy and they should be notified. That kind of event would be a very isolated incident.
YOU are the one who chose to invest an hour. You could have at any time stopped the presentation. It is not forced onto anyone.
You say their only motive is to make money. Not true. They are committed to a worthy cause of helping responsible Americans have an easy way to have an effective voice in Congress. Small business owners are busy and have little time to sort through the mountains of proposed legislation that comes out of Washington (and the State capitals), and yet they are very affected by what gets passed in Congress. NWYC provides an easy, quick, and unbiased way for them to be informed, and then to have a fast way of communicating their opinions to their lawmakers.
 20th of Oct, 2010 by   DarenTx 0 Votes
National Write Your Congressman was probably a great organization in the 1950's. Today what they offer is overpriced and available for free elsewhere.

What you are paying for is a monthly email filled with biased information about Congress that is available for free elsewhere. They have a website that looks circa-1994.

They advertise that they are non-partisan but after having been a member for a year I can tell you this is not true. They are conservative.

Try http://www.govtrack.us/ for completely non-biased information about your congressman. Plus, they are free.
 24th of Oct, 2010 by   Gonzo 0 Votes
Even if you can get this info for free, do you really have the motivation and discipline to actually do it on a meaningful and consistent basis? Probably not. If you want to make a difference, then don't discount NWYC.
 26th of Jan, 2011 by   Laurie Ann 0 Votes
I am a moderate Democrat business owner in Santa Fe, NM, and when the NWYC rep stopped in and showed me their program a couple of years ago, I was hesitant because I had been a member of both the US Chamber of Commerce and the NFIB and while they claimed to be non-partisan, it was obvious they are very Republican. I signed up (with some trepidation) but I want to be informed and involved on political issues I care about for my business and personally (I do not have much time for researching all this myself) and I have found this organization lives up to what it told me it was about and what it would do. And, by the way, I do everything by email, and their website seems professional, well-designed, and easy to use. Now, since I've come to their defense and given them my "thumbs-up"; maybe they will give me a free year's membership? LOL - just joking. I consider them to be a good investment.
Erce
 8th of Mar, 2011 by   daisy fae 0 Votes
I like them a lot! Who has the time these days to manage congress. This program actually works. I have now a working relationship with my federal, and very important to me and my business, my state lawmakers. If you are a member ask your rep to show you how to get to the regulatory agencies for your state, as my rep did. It is awesome, you actually can talk to the directors of the agencies. I am a highly regulated business, now the director of the department and I have a working relationship. I highly support the efforts of the group. Yes, they walk door to door. My rep is committed to her work as she says, to keep government in the hands of the people themselves. She is not out there for any other goal. A 21 year member of National write your congressman.
 30th of Mar, 2011 by   Small Business in Boston 0 Votes
My personal experience confirms the original post. The salesmen come door to door to small businesses. Two came to mine and they were quite persistent. Their premise is that they just want me to participate in a survey. (In my case it was about illegal immigration.) The real purpose of the visit, though, is to get you to become a member. It is unclear what the benefits may be. I certainly don't need them to write my congressman (or woman), and I cannot imagine many congressmen and women read piles of canned mail anyways. However, the survey, and the premise of the office visit is a ruse. Their website is very vague about the concept of "membership" and the salesmen avoided it. I had been to their website, though, and once I said "Thank you, but I am not interested in purchasing a membership, " they left without so much as a look back.
 31st of Mar, 2011 by   Dick Lee +1 Votes
If you are interested in the bills that have been introduced in congress or the senate and what stages they are in ... you can use opencongress.org at no charge.
 24th of May, 2011 by   medgeorgia 0 Votes
I have been a member and also know some of the reps personally. Anyone can choose to not think it a worthwhile endeavor but there is no reason to call it a waste or simply a scam. For some of us it is very worthwhile and we all can choose to be a part or not. I would also bet that if you own your business you need to make "sales" to earn a living, so what is the problem with people making a living providing a worthwhile service.
 27th of May, 2011 by   simply honest -1 Votes
The salesman in our area is a real tool spouting nothing but right wing agenda. They like to show you a list of other people (your peers) who have signed on to whatever hyperbole they think will get you to cut a check. Very, very shady. You can get the same services emailed to you by congress.org or megavote for FREE. Or write a letter and put it in the mail. They use the scare tactic, normally on small business owners who think they are joining some kind of club that gives them more influence, it's a crock.
 6th of Jul, 2011 by   Aleeah -2 Votes
My husband made the mistake of becoming a member. He post dated the payment for 30 days, I cancelled it 7 days (June 3rd) later by calling their office and speaking directly with Betty Butler. As of June 27th, they have taken the payment out of our account. If this isn't dishonest, I don't know what is.
 13th of Jul, 2011 by   Loud-n-Proud +1 Votes
It's a great organization. I can tell you that since I joined, the people (i.e. my members of Congress and my state legislators) who were ignoring me for years are now responding to me personally. My new Congressman is a freshman in Congress so when I submitted my opinion on the prices at the gas pumps, he didn't respond. So I called NWYC, they sent one of their liaisons by his office, and I had a personal response addressing the issue within a half hour. That's not a free service - even if I did it myself, I'd have to travel to Washington. The guy who I bought my membership from didn't use any sort of scare tactic, it was just the opposite. He encouraged me not to join if I wouldn't use it or didn't think I needed it. It's been great for me. Plus, he routinely sends me business from others he talks to about joining everyday. In fact, the membership has paid for itself 7 times over.
 20th of Jul, 2011 by   Lane B -1 Votes
This company is a scam! I can not believe that they took 425.00 fro
My husband ! This is a free thing to write your congressman- I have actual gotten further on my own!! This company is a
Complete rip off!!
 4th of Aug, 2011 by   BK's Dave +1 Votes
Even the best organizations have bad salespeople and even the best salesperson has a stupid day.
You can't be in sales without someone calling you a thief. Most often this is the fault of the customer not paying attention to the details and not using the features.

As for Conservative Vs Centrist Vs Liberal, that all depends on where the viewer is standing and where they source their news.
I will consider NWYC. The positive posts all sound reasonable whereas the negative posts don't

DT
 6th of Sep, 2011 by   ashaz01 0 Votes
I don't work for NWYC, I work for NFIB though and our premise is similar. Yes, you can weed through all of the bill proposals and current legislation yourself if you have the time, patience, etc. Sadly, many Americans are working our fingers to the bone and dont have the time so our duty as Americans is never realized. Any SERVICE that provides a brief synopsis of proposals and an organized outlet to voice your opinions and concerns is a benefit to time deprived voters who choose to do something other than worry and complain. At NFIB we do ask for your opinion on issues to bring your focus off your current project and get you thinking legislatively. Voters are then given a choice to utilize the service or not. We do "cold call" often times with no appointment because we grow faster this way than by attempting to set appointments that too often are canceled or forgotten by busy constituents. It is also not volunteer work. We get paid on commissions which many of you will be happy about. We don't get paid unless we are growing our base and therefore your voice. The "free" way of communicating with your elected officials hasn't turned out to be free because too many people don't do it and we have lost many battles through our silence. Lastly
 13th of Oct, 2011 by   BobTGV +1 Votes
I guess if you feel you are receiving value you will buy the service. If you don't perceive a value, you won't. Isn't that what capitalism is all about. As for those who talk about other places where you can get the info for free... You could grow your own food too... But you don't. It is a company offering a service. If that service is of value to you, buy it. If it isn't, don't.
 1st of Feb, 2012 by   RV4Sell 0 Votes
Well said and that is really the basis of it all. You can let others deceide what will happen to you and your family or you can have a voice in the matter and try and alter the course to better your chances for the future. The legislation continues with or without your input. Any company that provides a service to get your voice heard is worth something. Time is money and as a small business owner I do not have alot of time to research every bill and check voting records and then write a letter and do all the follow up, so its a natural fit for me and roughly 20.00 per month to get this done in my world is realtively inexpensive. It does not matter what side of the isle we are on just that the people that represent us hear from the majority on the issue and gets a accurate idea of what he/she is expected to do.
 3rd of Jun, 2012 by   SUE TRIMBLE 0 Votes
I agree. If a person doesn't feel like it is a valuable service, then don't buy it. What I don't understand is, if a person doesn't think it's a valuable service, why do they try to convince the whole world it's a bad service or that its a scam? I think it's more of an issue with 'control' than anything else.
 12th of Jun, 2012 by   TRUBATX -1 Votes
I was recently interrupted during a conference call by an e-mail from the receptionist claiming a gentleman in our reception area had an urgent issue he needed to discuss with my BOSS who was out of the country. We do not take people into our offices without an appointment, but this gentleman dropped the name of one of my BOSS's best friends and colleagues, so I caved and ended my call. When I went to meet with the gentleman, he made it very clear that he needed to discuss this very urgent issue with me in private AND THEN...he started down the political opinion path. I gave him 5 minutes. What a nuisance and how disruptive. His name is Steve Kennedy. I agree...leanings in the questioning on the poll are conservative. I DO NOT appreciate the approach and tactics this representative used to solicit and learned something from my mistake.
 11th of Aug, 2012 by   Tony Dore' -1 Votes
I at this time am launching a campaign against National Write Your Congressman I want to introduce myself I am Tony Dore' Known by the Italians as the Closer I was an insider with these tiny little dicked fuckers, these guys spend their days playing golf on your MONEY!!!
(In their own words) we the people Can hold them accountable, . Tony Dore'
 30th of Oct, 2012 by   kevin snover -1 Votes
NFIB it's a SCAM...I worked for them for 6 months in the Rochester NY area. Sales reps back then got 75% of the member-ship dues. I'm not surprised one member found the survey in the garbage, that's just a way to get you in the door. My district manager even showed me how to get "stopped payment" checks cashed. after someone changed there mind about becoming a member. At one point the min membership price was $75 dollars, but that was lowered to $50 dollars. Some members paid hundreds of dollars ?
The sales reps even carry bank draft notes ( that they fill out with your banking info) They sent us to a training course in Niagara falls once for 3 days, thinking this might be about small business issues, and maybe I could learn something ? NOPE all about "getting the payment" (membership) 3 days of sales training (and drinking) of course...My district manager (Carol Rainville) knew nothing about running a business, but boy could she get the checks !

Fireworks and Kids Safety