logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
hackhimnow.com
They started to steal from me
2. (1 mins ago)
Lumera
Their terms and conditions are fake
3. (2 mins ago)
Business / Personal Loan Offer
Apply urgent loan offer
4. (2 mins ago)
Prime Group
Terrible company!
5. (18 mins ago)
Southern Energy Homes
roof leaks and horrible customer service

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

National Union Fire Insurance Co. of Pittsburgh, PA, Raleigh, North Carolina Complaints & Reviews - Harrassment by phone

National Union Fire Insurance Co. of Pittsburgh, PA Contacts & Informations

National Union Fire Insurance Co. of Pittsburgh, PA

Posted:    ashtonbeth

Harrassment by phone

Beth Ashton (being harrassed)
Raleigh, North Carolina
I keep getting phone calls from the National Union Fire Insurance Co. offering a policy that I've already said I'm not interested in. I asked them the first time they called not to call me again.

I've gotten ten more calls since then today, and it's only 3:30 EST!

If anyone can help me, please do. I've already called and spoken to a manager and they say it will take 30 days for them to take me off of their calling list, which is downright unreasonable.

Thanks for reading. *sigh*
Beth (ashtonbeth@Hotmail.com)
Comments United States Solicitors
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More National Union Fire Insurance Co. of Pittsburgh, PA complaints
National Union Fire Insurance Co. of Pittsburgh, PA - National Union Fire Insurance Co. Scam and Fraud

Comments

5th of Nov, 2009 by   i dont want to give my name 0 Votes
As a former employee, I hate to say it, but all you can really do is wait. Depending on how the insurance is being offered, either through your financial instituion or from buying something off the TV, you may be albe to contact the "marketing partner" and ask to have them take you off their marketing list. One reccomendation I do have for you, is if you do end up speaking to someone, tell the person "I DO NOT ACCEPT YOUR OFFER." Dont let them try and talk you into it or keep going over the information. The person will not give up because that is how they make their money. Say that you do not accept and then hang up the phone. All sales calls are recorded for security and if one is set up when you said you do not accept, the sales agent does get in trouble and you would be reufnded any charges.
 22nd of Nov, 2009 by   personwhocares +3 Votes
These people are among the lowest of scum who prey on the elderly, among other people.

My mother, who has fairly advanced dementia and only on a good day even knows her own name received a "congratulations" letter from this company that I found today. We were just getting ready to have the phone in her room turned off as she has become unable to make much use of it, and lives in a board and care facility where there is a house phone anyway.

I'm looking forward to calling this company on Monday morning to find out exactly who it was there who signed her up. I wonder how many elderly folks like my mother are taken advantage of by these kind of soulless criminals who are counting on elderly folks to just pay their bill for a useless service they don't even need.
 16th of Apr, 2010 by   karen price +3 Votes
nation fire insurance company is a rip off comapny they get mortage companies like ocwen another rip off company to add their monthly payments to peoples mortages and when you file a claim they find any and every reason to trun you down companies like this prey on the old, poor i want every one to know this company will rob you and give you nothing so do not think you are covered for anything. they need to go to jail
 26th of May, 2010 by   men1fk +3 Votes
national union fire insurance is committing fraud! they stole my bank info from another online application and just started charging me monthly fees, when i called them to try to resolve the issue i spoke to a ghetto ass unprofessional lady with a bad attitude when i asked to speak to her supervisor she told me she didnt have one and then told me to watch my mouth for accusing her company of fraud and told me she was gonna put me on hold to let me think about what I had said! I hung up and called back, only speak to another ghetto ass lady who was also incompetent and rude so i hung up again and called back in hopes of getting in contact with someone with class and intelligence only to hear a lady holding back her laughter and saying her name was Latoya who was also as ghetto as the other two! My calls were pointless and i was unable to resolve anything with this company directly. I did however get prank calls from one of the useless, waste of payroll trash i dealt with that day. she was stupid enough to call me from her cell phone! LOL! 1(954)696-9592 What a dumb ass! P.s To whoever does the hiring of the phone operators out of this companies florida office: u should be a little more cautious in the type of people u hire not only were the three girls i spoke to low class and rude they are also malicious and that for u is BAD BUSINESS. It is very unfortunate that your company will allow this type of representation.
 17th of Jun, 2010 by   Michael Leon Chambers +3 Votes
I have been trying for the past 3 or 4 weeks to get a copy of my policy with this company !
my wife has a broken hip and was denied a claim we filed on thier "accident disability" ins., also the hip was due to a fall (accident) at home which disabled her from work, she also has D J D (degenerative joint disorder) which adds to the complications of a broken hip...she is now scheduled to get a hip replacement in Birmingham
Alabama...the Natl fire Ins company has told us we have had the policy long enough to be in the 200 thousand payment...after waiting a couple weeks, we called and they denied the claim, they said she had to have a severed arm or leg, or be "wheel chair boud and unable to function...(this was the representatives interpretation of our policy that they NEVER SENT !)...then we faxed more proof (X-rays ...disabled tag reciepts ...dr.s statements ect...) now they're saying the claim is NOT denied and in an "appeal" stage...The guy was real nice I talked to...but I think they tell you whatever they want to ...It'll be by the roll of the dice and really freak me out if we get a DIME from them...I have a mortgage loan that both my wife and I were paying and now that she's disabled our budget is all down to just my little puny check ...I really need this for all the bills we are gonna get from the surgery...worried for losing our home ...what good is insurane if it's full of loopholes and I can't even get a copy of my policy !
 26th of Jun, 2010 by   nadien15 +1 Votes
i just received bill for a policy I've never had. I'm not going to answer it, just tear it up and put it in the trash. I don't know this company, and for them to ASSUME that I would immediately write them a check to re-instate a policy I've never had, makes them the "ASS" in assume.
 28th of Jun, 2010 by   K LaVonne +1 Votes
My mother just received a bill for a policy that she has NEVER had also... I'm just glad that I was with her when she opened the letter.. It upset her that the letter stated that her policy was "Past Due"... Just send $59.70 now or you can send your Annual payment of $238.80... When I read the letter it was dated May 5th 2010 we received the letter June 26th 2010. Come on anyone could drive a truck the holes in that letter... But I know you were hoping that my mom would just hurry up and pay for a policy she never had along with how many other elderly people out there???

#1 Who the hell is National Union Fire Insurance Company Of Pittsburgh, Pa????????
#2 Why do you people pray on the ELDERlY?????????
#3 You... National Union Fire Insurance Company Of Pittsburgh, Pa have messed with the wrong person... With most of my family in "Law Enforcement" all's I have to say is WATCH OUT!!!
 29th of Jun, 2010 by   outragedPA +2 Votes
I work for an insurance agency and just received a phone call from an elderly policyholder that received a letter from this National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittsburgh PA as well. She was confused and thought perhaps she no longer had fire insurance with our company since she received this letter from them. I advised her to call the Pennsylvania Insurance Department and file a consumer complaint. The number 1-877-881-6388. I am not sure who these people are but the letter was signed by Jonathan Yee who is Vice President of Direct Marketing. I hope that the info I provided helps stop these people from exploiting the elderly.
 6th of Jul, 2010 by   TheoT +1 Votes
National Union Fire Insurance Company is part of AIG. Yes, the AIG that was "too big to fail" and was bailed out by the BUSH administration to the tune of tens of billions dollars. I guess these letters are how they are paying back the generosity of the US taxpayer.

Check out this patent application by Jonathan Yee: http://www.faqs.org/patents/app/20090043614 Not only does it demonstrate classic "get the sale any way you can" telemarketing, but it also proves how broken our patent system is (or rather it will if a patent is issued).

So these letters appear to be legal and legitimate, but very very SLIMY.
 8th of Jul, 2010 by   Mom to be with questions +1 Votes
Im considering getting there health insurance since they say that they will cover my pregnancy and not consider it a "pre existing" condition. Im skeptical to sign up tho...any advice?
My current ins is denying my pregnancy and telling me that im respoinsible for it all...im 7mo pregnant and JUST NOT finding this all out! Its very overwhelming and i just want to make sure that i dont make a mistake with another company!

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRICIATED!
 8th of Jul, 2010 by   JUDGEDEBBIE 0 Votes
I TOO AM CONSIDERING PURCHASING HEALTH INSURANCE WITH THEM. NATIONAL UNION OF PITTSBURG IS THE UNDERWRITER IN A NETWORK CALLED BEECHSTREET. I HAVE A PRE EXISTING CONDITION AND AM UNABLE TO GET HEALTH INSURANCE. I DID GO TO THE BBB WEBSITE AND THEY ARE NOT RATED AS YET. I DID READ THAT THEY ARE A PART OF AIG ALSO. NOT SURE WHAT I AM GOING TO DO YET EITHER. DON'T WANT TO GIVE OUT MY BANK INFO FOR AUTO DRAFT TO A BOGUS COMPANY OR ONE THAT WILL NOT HONOR MY POLICY.
 9th of Jul, 2010 by   rmg2010 0 Votes
Who is "National Union Fire Insurance Company"? They are scam artists who partner with banks that give out your bank account information. Because you are a valued customer of Bla Bla Bank you have the opportunity to turn down this offer of health insurance. If you do not CALL and turn it down, you will automatically be billed (with the information provided by the bank unbeknownst to you). Mistakingly, my mother let them send her the infromation packet to review. My mother did CALL them to turned it down, but lo and behold the withdrawals started. She just recently asked me about $19.95 that being taken out of her bank account. Upon investigation, it was for National Union Fire Insurance Company. First problem, this kind of offer is a scam. Second problem, banks have no business giving out your account information. Third problem, there is no way to prove that you CALLED to turn down an offer (everything should be in writing). I spoke with a customer service rep today and got the policy cancelled (we'll see) but she refused to give me a mailing address. I would like to get my mother's $478 back but I'm not sure how to go about that. I also would like to make sure this is stopped, but seeing the rest of the complaints here that will more than likely never happen. THEY ARE JUST A BUNCH OF RATS!!!
 21st of Jul, 2010 by   kitkat11 0 Votes
i was suddenly just signed up for this thing and now they just atoumaticaly take money from my acount .I didnt agree to this and the number that i have for customer service doesnt even work.
 20th of Aug, 2010 by   shuf334 +1 Votes
Because I am a valued Wachovia customer, I was phoned by a sales person from this company and presented with an offer for a policy with them. The sales person was cordial and accommodating. Being that I had no job and living on a fixed income, I declined their offer. Oh, but they said I could look over the policy with the option of cancelling at any time before the trial period ended. The person ran the policy over with me, affirming how great a policy it was. Because I hadn't used my Wachovia account in months and could not guarantee there would be any deposits made, I graciously declined. But after a few more minutes, the sales person wore me down. Why not overlook this great policy? After all, I could cancel at any time.

The day I received the "package" or policy information, I indeed called the included 1-800 number and CANCELLED the policy and was reassured that if I desired to pick the policy up at a later time, I could do so. I thought this was done with...Over time, more sales people from this company made several phone calls to me, trying to make a sale. I declined. Months later, I received a familiar mail from my bank, which was an overdraft notice...correction, it was a NSF fee notice. NUFIC had tried to withdraw in May and June of 2010...both were declined. I called the bank to inquire about the transactions and was given the contact number of this insurance company. I spoke to the rep and asked how they were authorized to make any withdrawal. They said I did not cancel the policy (which was a lie)...Not only was there one policy but TWO policies! Evidently the first was cancelled but another one was active or lapsed (because my bank denied their request to withdraw). According to the rep, it was automatically cancelled because of lack of payment. Who agreed to a second policy? I sure as heck did not!

Now my checking account has been sent to the collections department in my bank and is no longer in good standing because of these NSF's that were accrued when NUFIC attempted to make withdrawals. What behooves me is the fact that the bank and NUFIC cannot agree as to if or if not money was paid out! One minute there was a payment that got by the bank but now, there was never any payment made! Yet, there was a refund sent to the bank...That refund caused my bank to "forgive" the NSF. There was supposed to be a second refund within days of speaking to the first rep of NUFIC and that would also satisfy my bank, thus negating the second NSF. The refund never made it...Maybe because there was no money actually withdrawn. I feel as if I'm caught between two giants, with both desperately trying to cover their own interests.

I have contacted an attorney to see that this company pays one way or another. If any of you would like to be a part of a class action law suit, send me an email to soap68@gmail.com. If my attorney sees that a class action lawsuit is possible, then we will need all the people we can muster to bring this suit to court and gain some justice on these matters.
 28th of Aug, 2010 by   doxcop 0 Votes
They don't just pray on the elderly. They are an equal opportunity harraser. I have been called by 172 times by them in August 2010 alone. This is against the law and I will also be contacting an attorney and law enforcement to write up a report. My advice ( something I am also going to do ) is send a notice to the BBB ( Better Business Bureau) . they can't direclty do anything, however, it is my understanding that in a lawsuit it's very helpful to see evidence of multiple complaints in which not everyone has decided to take it to the next level by contacting the law or attorney.

The irony is that I am getting called because of my home loan going through Wells Fargo and yet I'm not able to enjoy my home that I am getting a loan and paying interest to them because I spend day and night having to erase machine messages ( they leave the "dial tone" message that after about 10 in a day will actually fill up the space on my machine so if I don't constantly erase them no-one else can leave a message).

I have also contacted Wells Fargo letting them know I will be moving my loan and bank account if this is how they thank me for being a customer if this doesn't stop. I have advised them that if it were me, especially in this day and economy, I would reconsider my affiliation with this harrassing company that will NEVER get business from any of us because we now know what sort of "business" they are and that they would be completely unhelpful, rude and useless.

I feel for all of you on here because it's so outrageous that these people can get away with this for so long. It's insanity. I just wanted to have a nice relaxing stress free Saturday and it looks like I have to leave my own home to do that.
 28th of Aug, 2010 by   doxcop 0 Votes
By the way-- National Union Fire Insurance Company ( who of course is the one actually harrassing you through there affiliation with Wells Fargo) is under the AIG insurance groups. AIG has a D- rating at the BBB because not only do they have numerous complaints, they won't even contact the BBB back.
BBB also provides the direct phone numbers and information for AIG if you are interested ( not sure if I am permitted to post them here). Good luck everyone! Together I hope we can all stop these people in their tracks!
 17th of Sep, 2010 by   eclipse_908 -1 Votes
if thats this much trouble... just dont answer the phone. i mean you people talking about suing just because of a phone calls are the one who are the scum of the earth. cant get a job so you need to just sue someone to live off your lazy welfare ass.
 17th of Sep, 2010 by   eclipse_908 -1 Votes
and they cannot or will not charge you without them talking to you on the phone and getting your verbal consent otherwise it would be literally impossible to bill you. and for the record i work at this 3rd party calling center which sells these products. yes the insurance sucks. yes some of the people are dicks. but just dont say yes then its that simple. also say "DO NOT CALL LISt" otherwise they can put you as a call back legally
 21st of Sep, 2010 by   Byronc +1 Votes
I started receiving numerous calls every day, but I don't answer unless they talk to my answering machine. I was getting so many calls that I ordered caller-id from the phone company so I could see who was calling. Within a 3 day period I got 4 calls from a caller ID of NUFIC. I called the number back and it was National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh. I reported them to the Do Not Call complaint web site. When they called this morning I saw it was the same number so I answered it and they said they were from US Bank. I said that I didn't believe my bank would do such a thing and that I had reported them for a do not call violation.

I then called a US Bank local number and the gal I talked to hadn't heard of any association between NUFIC and their bank, but gave me the corporate number to call. When I called them, I found out that YES, the bank had an arrangement with NUFIC. I told the manager that I thought that was a lousy thing for the bank to do and that I would be moving my accounts out of US Bank to a bank that would not do this to their customers.

I still have trouble believing my bank allowed this to happen. The bank must get some reward from the insurance company when insurance is sold in association with their bank name. This really stinks since the bank is giving out customer information to this company.
 9th of Oct, 2010 by   Totechnical 0 Votes
Simple - if it sounds too good to be true - it is! That's the difference between Baby Boomers and the Gen X'ers and Gen Yers. I guess this lesson wasn't handed down to them like it was to us. How is it that as soon as I received this and as a Baby Boomer, I knew enough to look them up just to find this posting site? Why even give in to them? Why even talk to them. News Flash! I haven't answered my phone in over 20 years. I don't even let it ring! It's called an answering machine and if it's important enough, someone will leave a message.

Chinese Nuke Scam