logo

Phone Harassement

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

National Street Machine Club, Minnetonka, Minnesota Complaints & Reviews - Scam and harassment!

National Street Machine Club Contacts & Informations

P.O. Box 3515
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Phone: 800-209-9055
www.streetmachineclub.com
National Street Machine Club stated to sign up 'free trial' and monthly dues of $1 a month. After sending a check for $6 (which I assumed was for 6 months) I received a bill for $24 and 2 year contract. I never intended, nor did I ever enter into a 2 year contract with this company. after the 1st $24 notice I sent a written request to CANCEL membership. then the 2nd letter came stating they would were going to contact credit agency, I replied that they CANCEL my membership. then I received a 3rd letter and 4th letter stating they had secured a credit agency and to "pay NOW" or they would take action.

Their practice, if not completely fraudulent, is at minimum deceptive. their threats to "pay NOW, or your account will be sent to a collection agency" after repeated written attempts to CANCEL are SLANDEROUS.

From searching the internet, there are several others who have posted complaints about National Street Machine Club's practices.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Feb, 2008 by   JEFF WRIGHT 0 Votes
contacted the Minnesota Better Business Bureau in regards to National Street Machine Club practices. also sent 16 separate e-mails asking to CANCEL membership - with no response from the company.
 26th of Feb, 2008 by   Marlon Medina 0 Votes
I did a Google on "National Street Machine Club", and after reading the posting on your site, I decided to have NO INITIAL contact with them, whatsoever.
 6th of Mar, 2008 by   ETurtle 0 Votes
I just got an offer for the NSMC in the mail. I'm glad I came to check them out before I bothered to apply for "free" gabarge they were offereing. Thanks for the warning!

BTW I found this info just by googling their name, so thanks to google as well.
 2nd of Jun, 2008 by   steve 0 Votes
national street machine club is full of liars their agreement to fulfill your free gifts for signing up for their crappy club is bullshit THEY DONT and they dont let you garage test SHIT. so to whom it may concern SAVE YOUR MONEY AND TELL THEM BASTARDS TO KISS ASS. & if you take their letters it would read (Now Suck My Cock.)
 4th of Jul, 2008 by   Miriam in Utah 0 Votes
I am a life member of the NSMC, I have garage-tested quite a few items since joining the club. I have never had a problem with them. I have NEVER rec'd garbage from them.
 20th of Jul, 2008 by   max 0 Votes
i am in the same situation . i just ordered a subscription to a magazine and they keep asking for more money. i wrote cancel on my returns also, i think its another scam also.
 8th of Aug, 2008 by   JP 0 Votes
They are a big scam! They sent us some junk in the mail trying to get us to join, we ripped it up and threw it away and then they followed up sending a bill and a thanks for joining us WHEN WE NEVER JOINED!!! BIG SCAM Be careful people!!
 15th of Sep, 2008 by   wrench 0 Votes
i started getting national street machine mags a couple of years ago and after one year i didnt order anymore. and the company kept on trying to get me to sign up for there lifetime membership and i said no. and now i just got a bill in the mail from he collection agency saying i ouw them $297 now. so i have to agree with all the others about this scam.
 17th of Oct, 2008 by   Jim +2 Votes
Same here... I don't even know how I started receiving this mag. I'm not into cars at all. Dude, this is a scam. They just sent me a letter stating that my account is DELINQUENT... Come one, I don't even have and account with those guys. Shame on them, big time. (Such a cheap business model, if any)
 15th of Nov, 2008 by   63David 0 Votes
I am on letter 3 I think. Looking for 24.00 for the one mag. I received. Playboy dosn't cost that much. Just don't want to say to much right now but when the time comes I will open up.
 20th of Nov, 2008 by   G. Davis 0 Votes
I am not sure what to think of these guys myself, but I have not felt good about it from the beginning. I sent in my membership dues, only to receive a notice stating my dues needed to be paid. I went ahead & sent the dues a second time, because I could not find a number to call to get the situation straightened out. I have not received any "free parts, or products of any real value" yet. But, I seem to keep getting offers to extend my membership at so-called reduced pricing, as long as I pay for several years in advance (?). Now, I am getting offers to become a "Life-time Member", that include promise of all sorts of "Free" privileges. I have been buying books that keep getting sent to me for "trial/ return if not desired" basis, but I have always paid for every book they have sent me. I feel like quite a SUCKER for the most part! Initially I did receive a key-chain, quick-heat/quick -cool to touch battery-powered soldering iron ( have not tried yet), and membership sticker. I have also received a couple of samples of
"Armor-all wipes", and one or two other similar low-buck items
with books I have been sent. I do believe, at this point, that this
"Club" seems to be very mis-leading to me at this present time.
I do not have any intention to extend my membership any longer than necessary, and plan to return future books I receive.. Reading many of the other testimonies sure is not comforting! I have received a number of their magazines that is supposed to be part of their membership. The magazine seems to be pretty decent, but I would not consider it comparable to "Hot Rod", "Super Chevy", "Musclecar Review", "Car Craft", "Popular Hot Rodding", etc. It does not seem to be filled with as many advertisements, testing of products, and so on, that true car-nuts seem to be interested to know & read. But, this is all my own experience at this point...
not sure what the future holds!
G. Davis
 2nd of Dec, 2008 by   george cardin 0 Votes
I received a notice telling me that if i pay an amount of $24.o1 I won't have to pay any more dues towards a lifetime membership. I paid the amount specified and received more decals and patches and jacket fobs and another bill for more dues, to be paid before I receive a leather jacket. This time I did receive a phone # to call to give them a credit card # so I can get the jacket faster.
 29th of Dec, 2008 by   Russell 0 Votes
Were do I start, and don"t rember how we got here. I believe to start with A free membership offer, but not sure. But here we are. About 100.00 dollars latter and yes I fell pretty foolish. These guys sent me coupon for free lifetime membership, just by returning to them, I would get all this good stuff. Well I had been enjoying there magazine, becouse it a little more than me other mags. Then they start sending hardback books, the first one was"nt bad and was priced at $9.00. Then they sent me another one, and I made the mistake of opening it up! When I get the bill it has $27.00, when I went to return it, cost me $6.00 postage and it come back, and I refused it. My postmaster said were not sapost do that, but sent back to them. So the next book I refused right away, the same with the DVD and the next two books and after a nasty letter they stopped sending them. So back to the the lifetime membership was free with the return of the coupon. Sent it in got a box of goodies IT WAS JUNK . Then got a bill for $27.08, not wanting to I paid it. THE very next week got another bill for $27.08 or $325.00 for lifetime membership.I called HOPE that works. Here"s a number too call 1-877-310-1888 make sure you get a name and operator number!! GOOD LUCK!!!
 12th of Feb, 2009 by   shottysnprz +2 Votes
Did you ever think that the people posting good things about NSMC could actually be the people who are running this scam? Just some food for thought.
 9th of May, 2009 by   brice 0 Votes
I would put 24.00 dollars on the bet that the only people spouting good shit about this company are the company deuche-bags themselves, before i would send them the 24.00$ for dues. If there was 30 people saying good stuff about them and only one saying bad, i might be inclined to side with the company, there is always going to be one person that is not happy with something. But if there was anything true or good about this company you see some advertising somewhere other than your mail box, wether it be hype on powerblock tv or some crappy ad in a real car magazine, not just some self hyping to promote themselves.
 12th of May, 2009 by   bluedoctor 0 Votes
I agree with most of the complaints. I am still a member, but will cancel when it expires. Garage testing program is a joke you receive a 25 cent sample of adhesive, hand cleaner, or some such garbage. I remained a member because of the magazine, but it has become so small (page wise) that it is not worth the membership. I am solicited constantly to join the life membership, but with the bull you receive I would not chance it.
 20th of May, 2009 by   John Benner 0 Votes
I am glad I looked up National Street Machine Club befor I sent in my membership starter form..I received this offer from Handyman Club. I will also advise them of the complaints.
 11th of Jun, 2009 by   capone426 0 Votes
I'm glad I did not send them any money. Never heard of them before. I've been a gear head for 35 years. Immediate red flag.
 20th of Jun, 2009 by   alwraith 0 Votes
I signed up about a year and a half ago, I bought the lifetime membership for $300.00. I received everything they said i would including the leather jacket, but after a while my lifetime membership to the magazine has fizzled. It's been over a year since I last saw a magazine (street thunder). I have sent them several e-mails
complaining with no response.
 23rd of Jul, 2009 by   75Scout 0 Votes
hey I am onl 14. This club is also affiliated with the Handman club of america and the north american hunting club. Both of which are well esablised, well at least as far as I know by 30 year old stickers on the ranch truck. I am a NSMC life member and am proud! They have never jacked me once. I have gotten every thing except the jacket, as I am not fully paid. My dues before this were only 12 dollars a year. Basically thats for the mag, which is good. A good read, but a little short. This club is not a scam! Also the reason that everyone gets this kind of stuff, is because of mass marketing. But I am into cars, tools and hunting so for me I really havent got any junk from these people. The 24 bucks, is for 2 year. Also for the first year I didn't pay my bill, of 12 bucks, and I did not get threatened, just many over due bills. Plus if they sent you something, like a free gift, of course they are going to pester you, because theve paid out of pocket money and havent made anything. So dont be calling my club a scam!

The Lice Lady's Tips to Keep Your Child Lice Free