logo

Posted: 2011-05-03 by    lisa nopool

No response

Namco
Connecticut
Pool is less than 1 year old, discovered a fault in pool outer casing. Filled out warrenty and enclosed photos. They confirmed that they received my packet on March 15th 2011, today is May 2nd 2011. To date, no call, no letter, no response. After several calls to thier Manchester Ct hub, all they say is that they are short staffed and will be back with me in a week, a week?

I want assistance in this matter, pool season is here now.
Comments United States Pool & Bath Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Jun, 2011 by   Another NO POOL person +1 Votes
Me too. I send forms, pics and all in March of 2011. Finally May 18th, they made an offer and expected ME to pay for new wall and liner after liner let go. Reinstall, too. I called numerous times and they never call back. Same girl who runs Facebook account - Andrea Dalessio. 860-649-3666 X210. I've left detailed messages to no avail. They work in kahoots with the installers they recommend, too. I will be hiring a lawyer. This is deceptive business. Not tolerated - waited long enough.
 1st of Jul, 2011 by   Oconn5 +1 Votes
I am in the same boat as you guys! I have had two OASIS 15 x 30 Above ground pools from Namco in 4 years. The first one was used maybe 2 months and the side wall collapsed. The manufacturer did take blame and covered the expense. We received a replacement in 2007 and used it 3 summers ... our entire pool buckled over this past winter. I contacted Namco and was told to send a letter along with pictures. I did so via email back in April 1, 2011 - resent the email back in May 2011 due to no response. Finally received a letter which read "not a warranty issue" - "damage was due to the extreme winter". Contacted Namco numerous times ... finally spoke with Andrea Dalessio, Customer Service Manager. They sent me a "Replacement Pool Quotation" which says I could purchase the SAME pool for 1/2 the retail price. I left several messages for Andrea as well as emails and she has not responded! Did any of you hire a lawyer? If so, is there an outcome? Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you!
 22nd of Jul, 2011 by   namcosucks +1 Votes
I am experiencing the same problems with NAMCO. I bought a Catalina 21x41 oval pool with a 50 year warrantee. After 4 years the pool collapsed. I sent emails and letters with pictures to NAMCO and I have not gotten a response. I called multiple times to Andrea and left messages. Still no reply after 3 weeks. I finally spoke to her two days ago and she promised to send me an email regarding warranty coverage the same day. I still have not received the email. I tried calling her again several times but she is always away from her phone and never responded. For those of you considering buying a pool, don't buy it from NAMCO!
 23rd of Jul, 2011 by   Pools at Namco last only 3 yr! +1 Votes
Yup same here! Have a 21' round Catalina. Four years on a 50yr. warranty and the bottom of the walls buckled and the liner let go at the seam. They expect me to pay 30% of cost to cover it!! Joke. Andrea Dalessio at x210 in CT stopped returning my phone calls, too. They tell installers who's names they refer you to to deal or not deal with you. Will be sueing in small claims. They've raised the limit to $7, 000!! Already sought my attorney's advice and it's a go! Do it! We in N.E. should file a class action or all band together in the same small claims court so that the judge can see a pattern of behaviour and will make them replace our pools for free like they should be doing! Also, the one thing to remember is that we bought our pools based on the 50yr warranty. You get the actual warranty from the installer AFTER you buy, and he installs. It comes in the box!! THAT is why the warranty in which they basically excuse themselves from is "unenforceable" in our favor. Remember that. It's after it's installed that you learn that they remove all of their liability. The guy at Namco even said to me - "No pool lasts 40-50yrs! Any consumer is stupid to believe that." Nice, huh? Jerks. Wait till this hits the papers! Can't wait.
 28th of Jul, 2011 by   FED UP WITH NAMCO 0 Votes
Wow, I am also experiencing same problems with Namco, I am considering a class action suit .Is anyone interested? This comapany should be shut down, My pool is just four years old & has rusted out & is buckling as well, went through wsarranty steps & was denied, they offered discounted walls for 900.00 for me to purchase. I am livid & I do NOT plan to sit back & take this one!!! Please contact me via email jaybri@hvc.rr.com if you would like to do a class action suit.
 28th of Jul, 2011 by   FED UP WITH NAMCO 0 Votes
Please contact me if you would like to consider a class action suit.
 16th of Apr, 2013 by   Adam Aakil 0 Votes
I am experiencing the same problem with Namco pool in NE at northern Massachusetts, my Morada 38x16 oval pool was bought on 06/22/2012 not even a year old plus I bought an extended warranty with it from Repair net which it turn to be a scam too. I had a big hole in my liner this winter . The manufacturer in Manchester CT and the warranty people said it is a winter problem not ours . The warranty people said they warranty a liner only if it is a manufacturer defect .
Everything they said was writing in a very small font area back on their receipt paper. I will follow this in court with my lawyer.
 10th of Jul, 2013 by   Wendyispissedoff 0 Votes
I have had a problem with my pool since July 2010 I have a hole that rusted its way through my pool from the inside out and they are telling me its not a defect. I have the paint bubbling and then it forms a lovely rust mark. Been talking to these people for 2 years been dealing with problem for 3 it took them that long to answer my problem. they want to sell me another pool at a prorated price of 35 percent of another pool. This is bull. The CEO is Mark Scott good luck finding a number for him
 15th of Jul, 2013 by   dad808 0 Votes
Same here. Have a 3 year old Willow pool. Upper rails rusting, liner has deteriorated. Followed all directions, no reply contact over a 2 month period. Kept showing up at store demanding answers, store manager said he had no pull and that they had filed chapter 11 and good luck with my warranty. Nice, huh?
 27th of Mar, 2014 by   David Kulb 0 Votes
Has anyone had any success with taking them to court? Going through the same thing. Pool is 19 months old and a found hole rusted through the side wall 4 inches from the ground and punctured the liner. Pool wall is covered but that's it and they want 430.00 to ship the wall to my house. They wont cover the liner or the cost to reinstall due to the defective pool wall failing. Pool size is 15x24. Please if anyone had success email me Dkulb9@verizon.net
 22nd of Apr, 2014 by   Karen Marie H 0 Votes
Oh boy!
 22nd of Apr, 2014 by   Karen Marie H 0 Votes
Oh boy I just bought a pool!

Fraud Seeks Personal Information In Exchange For Tax Rebate