logo

www.FragranceX.com
bad service
3. (9 mins ago)
www.FragranceX.com
Failure to deliver, charged shipping fees!
4. (10 mins ago)

Nabisco Premier Saltine Crackers

Posted:    bbobsc

Toxic Contamination

Nabisco
Nabisco Original Premium Saltine Crackers. The UPC #0 44000 00057 8.

pack of saltines when they were opened. they smelled like diesel fuel!! I opened another pack same. I tasted one cracker and it was toxic. This is a safety/ health issue that need FDA to investigate.
Comments United States Food
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of May, 2010 by   Joseph W 0 Votes
I have the same complaint, same UPC#...They taste like insectiside of something. I ate about 10 of them in my chili last night, woke up in a sweat, turned on AC and went back to bed...Today my children all complained about them, and I tasted seperately from any other food...They Smell and taste horrible, also burn my throat some...just drank milk to dilute and rinse...????
 12th of Oct, 2010 by   cemailh 0 Votes
Almost vomited from the toxic fumes and taste after just one cracker. Did some investigation seems they are using plastic paper linings from repurposed plastic bottles. Sometimes "green" is just the color of your face after eating a cracker!
 22nd of Oct, 2010 by   DarrenM 0 Votes
I just got a box of the smelly crackers. I was having them in my chili and didn't figure it out until I ate one already. I smelled the package and they reek. Date on the box is 23 Dec '09 with the same UPC# 0 44000 00057 8. Has anyone found out what the cause is?
 29th of Nov, 2010 by   kinthenorthwest 0 Votes
I just opened a pack tonight and still cant get the smell out of the house and am getting a headache...put crackers in the trash can outside. I dont have the box they came in.
 30th of Nov, 2010 by   Choate +2 Votes
Email I sent to the FDA Feb 8, 2010
Subject: Contamination of Nabisco Original Premium Saltine Crackers
I just opened a package of Nabisco Original Premium Saltine Crackers
(27DEC09AH102) from a 1 pound box, took a bite of one cracker, began to chew and tasted something that was not food, my tongue immediately started to burn so I spit the food out into a trash can. Decided to smell the package I had just opened and was met with an extremely strong chemical/pesticide scent. Became ill within 15 minutes, triggered the gag reflex to void the contents of my stomach even though I didn't swallow any of the cracker that I am aware of. Then had abdominal cramps and an odd tingling sensation up my neck and across my head. Have not been able the clear the metallic taste from my palate for three hours.

My family and I have consumed most of one of the four packages from the box in the previous month. There was no odor or bad taste. Have remaining contents of box. Two unopened packages and the package that is contaminated with one cracker missing.
 30th of Nov, 2010 by   Choate 0 Votes
Response from FDA Apr 19, 2010
you can file a complaint with the FDA consumer complaint coordinator that handles TX by calling Texas-- (214) 253-5237
Ms. Jeannine Acklin, ASCP (HT)
Public Affairs and Information Specialist Communication and Coordination Staff Division of Communication and Education Office of Food Defense and Emergency Response Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutriton U.S. Food and Drug Administration This communication is consistent with 21 CFR 10.85 (k) and constitutes an informal communication that represents my best judgment at this time but does not constitute an advisory opinion, does not necessarily represent the formal position of FDA, and does not bind or otherwise obligate or commit the agency to the views expressed.
Never called the number ... figure there would be more bureaucracy
 20th of Feb, 2011 by   Jenn J. 0 Votes
My husband just made some soup for the family lunch and pulled out a box of saltine crackers we've had for a while. My son told me they weren't right and asked me to taste one. I just about said "No, just eat them...they're probably a little stale" but I decided to taste it. OMG this is one of the worst taste/smells I could imagine! I felt so ill and was gagging and nearly got sick. Yes, I checked the date and they are outdated but not by a ridiculous amount of time. They are just crackers! What could you possibly do to crackers that would make them so disgusting?! I smelled the package- same smell. What were they thinking? I won't buy them again...whether or not this issue has been taken care of.
 22nd of May, 2011 by   mike luki 0 Votes
My 18 month old just ate a saltine that I just discovered smells like chemicals. I'm a bit paniced - should I call poison control?
 22nd of May, 2011 by   mike luki 0 Votes
The UPC# on the box is the same as the one above ( UPC# 0 44000 00057 ). What ended up happening? Did you get them tested for toxicity?
 11th of Jun, 2011 by   Brenda Kidd 0 Votes
Petition: By Choice For Procter & Gamble To Take The Contaminants That Causes Cancer Out Of Their Products…

Stop purchasing Procter and Gamble, as well as, other company’s everyday use of some of their baby products, household cleaning products, household cooking products, plastic containers products and cosmetics products, until proven changes are made.

Please click on the above link or copy and paste it in your browser and click enter to sign the Petition: By Choice For Procter & Gamble To Take The Contaminants Out Of Their Products
Products can be made without contaminants.

Share, pass it around, place it on your wall and email this to friends, family and to people near and far.

To read more click on the above link to sign the petition.

After you have sign the petition then go to the below link to read even more.

Thank you.
 27th of Jun, 2011 by   dg2011 0 Votes
Teddy Grahams have a terrible chemical taste too! Dont let your kids eat them. Somethings wrong.
 27th of Jun, 2011 by   dg2011 0 Votes
Bought Teddy Grahams for my daughter tonight and popped one in my mouth. I'm a painter and they taste and smell like oil based varnish or shellac poured all over them! Terrible tasting to say the least. I spit the cookie out and grabbed the cookies out of my 3 year old daughters hands before she ate any. The cookies have the odor inside the sealed bag and the odor's so strong the cardboard box has absorbed this toxic smell too! This product is geared for children! Imagine all the kids that are eating these possibly poisonous cookies and parents dont even know if they dont eat one first. SCARY!!!
 3rd of Apr, 2012 by   Cathrine 0 Votes
April 3, 2012 My husband and I opened a 1 lb box of Premium Saltines (Nabisko), crumbled into our soup, didn't realize anything out of the ordinary... until we took a bite...the taste was like a strong chemical. Didn't think we had actually swallowed anything, but maybe crumbs since spitting it out. Within minutes, stomach cramps.
 22nd of Jul, 2012 by   kalybr -1 Votes
I bought a bag of Teddy Grahams from a convenient store. I opened them inside my car and noticed an odd odor. I tasted one before passing the bag to my 3 year old... and then took the bag quickly away from him. They taste horrorible and thier is something wrong with these. My husband builds furniture and I agree with dg2011, these smell like varnish. Since eating that one, my throat is burning.
 8th of Sep, 2012 by   philly1999 0 Votes
I just got a box of saltines, from my neighbor. She is moving and giving me all of her unopened food. I opened the box, and before opening the sleeve of crackers I smelled something chemically. I just pushed it aside, and opended the sleeve. I ate one cracker and before I finished chewing it all I tasted was a chemical, and the more I chewed the worse it got. Now I have a strong metal, and chemical taste in my mouth that I can't seem it get rid of it. The brand is Nabisco original premium saltine crackers.
 18th of Sep, 2012 by   Brian E 0 Votes
I opened a package of Saltines and ate one and noticed a very bad taste and smell. I wasn't sure where it was coming from and started to eat another one and smelled the Saltine cracker and it reeked of a horrible chemical smell??? Didn't smell like anything that could come from a food item. It has left a strong chemical taste in my throat and has left me feeling queazy. I have two small boys who eat Saltines a lot, I'd like to know the source and cause of this and determine whether it is a danger. Has anyone heard from Nabisco on this matter? It is very serious.
 10th of Oct, 2012 by   BPGrove 0 Votes
We just opened a fresh package of saltine crackers that we keep in a storage tin, so we don't have the original box. Horrible smell, but decided to crumble some in my soup anyway. The taste was an incredibly disgusting chemical that burned the back of my throat. Managed to spit it out, but taste remains after several hours, Had to toss all the remaining packages and the tin as well.
 20th of Oct, 2012 by   sharoncb 0 Votes
OMG the same thing happened to us today!
 29th of Oct, 2012 by   mydogtaz 0 Votes
Just opened a box of Original Premium Saltine Crackers today. Something had a strong chemical smell to it but I did not realize it was the crackers until after I had already eaten one. I checked another package in the same box to see if it had the same problem, and it did. Right now I am really hoping that they are not poisoned. I started checking on the internet for recalls and poisoned crackers when I came across this site. Hopefully everyone who had the same problem and left a comment is still alive. I called the 1-657-632-6198 Nabisco emergency number they referred to on there 1-800 # but they "have never heard about this problem". The UPC # is 4400 02681.
 1st of Dec, 2012 by   ozengr 0 Votes
I just had the same chemical/pesticide experience w/ Nabisco Original Premium (last 4 upc...0507), and Homekist brand.Guess I'll run to the store and try another brand.

How to Save on Health Insurance