logo

Posted:    Abi H

FRAUD

mypoupette / my poupette
*BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE*

I purchased a service from mypoupette.com to have a Christian Dior handbag checked for authentication. The way how this service works is that you'd take a bunch of pictures of the bag & send them to whoever it is on the other side of the website [who receives the emails from requesters/customers] & they're supposed to be the experts in knowing whether the bag is authentic or a knock-off by only examining the pictures--this step comes after you pay for the service already. The reason why & how I came about noticing them is because many sellers on ebay would use them as a way to assure potential buyers/winning bidders that the handbags they sell are authentic. It seemed that this website was created to give buyers peace of mind when purchasing an expensive designer handbag because they can get it inspected by these so-called experts & get a legitimate confirmation of the authenticity of the bag. Well, I paid my fee, did my job of providing about 30 photos of this ONE bag [snapped many photos to make sure they got a good view of every angle]...& I never heard from mypoupettet--but they sure were quick to draft my money out of my account within 24 hrs. I sent them 2 follow-up emails & still have not heard anything--as if they've fallen off the face of the earth! Damn rip-offs!!

*BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE*

mypoupette.com is not what ebay sellers make them seem to be! Go read complaints about them first before you even consider ANYTHING good about them. I should've done that before falling into their scam.
Comments United States Ebay Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of May, 2009 by   Illinois 0 Votes
I have to AGREE with you...I paid for a 24-48 hr service to them for a Louis Vuitton authentication 2 weeks ago and still NOTHING!!! They were QUICK to take me money though...If ANYONE knows how to get money back or get in touch with them PLEASE let me know...I have emailed them SEVERAL times and re-sent pictures, ect. It is VERY frustrating ( and that's a nice way of saying it)!!!
 26th of May, 2009 by   MCF 0 Votes
You should report them to the BBB. I have for the exact same reason, except that I sent them about 5 emails over a three week period before reporting them. It has been 3 weeks since me BBB report and My Poupette has still not responded. I sent a follow-up email to the BBB tonight. I will be reversing my credit card transaction this week and you should do the same. Isn't it ironic that the whole premise of this company is to police fraud when they are guilty of the same? They are thieves who need to be stopped! After seeing that this has happened to so many others, I may go as far as filing a complaint with the police department, because if they're doing this to us, I assume they are doing it to others.
 1st of Jun, 2009 by   Barb 0 Votes
One of MANY fake sites build to support fake products by giving buyers a fake peace of mind !

They "verified" sellers are offering Louis Vuitton bags for $100 - $400 - ha ha ha!! . . .

Barb
 11th of Jun, 2009 by   Chela 0 Votes
Same thing happened to me, i paid for the 24-48 hour service, but my pictures were not attached to the email i sent them so they asked me to attach my pictures, I did and that was the last I heard of them, I have since sent about 4 emails asking about my authentication with no response. This was two weeks ago. I looked them up on BBB after I wasnt receiving a response and sure enough they have an F. Well they sure messed with the wrong person because I will contact whoever I have to to make sure EVERYONE knows about this fraudulent company that all of these sellers on Ebay are so "proud' of representing.
 6th of Aug, 2009 by   Diantha 0 Votes
Same happened here - d#%nit!.

But you guys should also please report them to the FTC - Federal Trade Commission. It is easy and online. They will investigate, but only if they hear a pattern of similar complaints.
 15th of Nov, 2009 by   star3450 0 Votes
Yup another sucker here, diverted by MyPoupette to TheFinerDesigner which is assisting with authentications, money gone no contact, I will try to reverse transaction and complain to FTC.
 4th of Dec, 2009 by   myodilu 0 Votes
OMG, same happened to me here, i was recommended to use their service by one ebay seller and it has been about 2 weeks now but nothing i heard from them. i did not search any info about their servise/company because seemed so many ebay sellers used their services to authenticate their bags. GOD burn them in Hell!!
 25th of Jan, 2010 by   wegolookfan 0 Votes
This sort of situation happens to so many innocent people/buyers!

There is some great news regarding auction item fraud- a nationwide company with over 1, 500 agents launches February First. They will go, in person, to verify an auction item for you to make sure it is legitimate and they will even take the item to UPS or Fed Ex to ship it to you! The company is called Wegolook.com and here is a general description of them:

WeGoLook is an online service that provides visual confirmation and a personalized report, completed by a real person, to verify a prodcut, person, place or thing. WeGoLook customers will be better informed, avoid costly surprises, plus benefit from unbiased confirmation without having to travel.

It might be helpful to you and others to utilize their services before getting scammed- especially high-end auction items. Hope this helps!
 1st of Jul, 2010 by   inger hansen 0 Votes
I got wrong information where Marc by Marc Jacobs are produced.
 2nd of Sep, 2010 by   LVoe 0 Votes
My poupette has a seller right now that has a LV bag that never existed on a listing. The seller claims it was purchased personally but would not give further information on the item. I contacted LV directly and also associates at the LV boutique in my area both had the same answers. You have much better luck buying a luxury brand from one's personal collection who can offer first and last name with the state that they are registered through for LV. Any seller on Ebay that has an abundant inventory of Louis Vuitton New with tags are purchasing from a replica site BTW the only site that offered the non existent LV guaranteed by My Poupette.
 10th of Dec, 2010 by   fendi peek a boo 0 Votes
My daughter bought a secondhand Miu Miu bow bag from Ebay for Euro600.00 and by the time I saw it my thoughts confirmed that it was a counterfeit so I decided to take it to the Miu Miu Flagship store here in Munich just to check what they thought about it and was told right away it was a counterfeit. So I found My Poupette on Purseblog and based from reviews, they were PROMPT and PROFESSIONAL. I inquired for their 2 days service and this lady named ANDRA replied after a couple of hours assuring me that I'll be getting the statement of Non-Authenticity in a matter of 24 hours. I emailed her to remind her that my deadline with EBAY was coming to an end after 5 days and that I needed the statement urgently. As soon as MY POUPETTE RECEIVED MY PAYMENT, I NEVER HEARD ANYTHING FROM THEM. They just disappeared from the face of the earth! I demanded for a full refund of my money after they ceased communicating with me. Till now, I don't know how to get back my money because my husband paid the fee thru Amazon.Com and have sent Amazon two emails demanding for a full refund for service not performed and Amazon hasn't replied till now. It's horrible being ROBBED TWICE...the EBAY VENDOR (Pilnozz 1, aka Karen Tweet and ANDRA from MY POUPETTE!!! Beware of these THIEVES!
 22nd of Dec, 2010 by   shellyjp 0 Votes
I wish I had checked with the board first before I went ahead followed the link to Amazon.com and paid for a 24-48 hour turnaround service to authenticate a LV bag I purchased from Ebay on the 20th, 2 days ago. Of course, 48 hours later, I haven't heard anything from them, and I couldn't cancel my order from Amazon.com. I was able to find the company location and phone number from the BBB website so, if I don't see my refund in a week, I am ready to head to their office in Canoga Park California and have a meeting with the founder, Angie Houston!
 24th of Feb, 2011 by   crocbait 0 Votes
Same Same.. A 2 day service that never happens. It's now been weeks and PayPal recommended that we use them!! We paid through Amazon also. WHAT A SCAM. I'm trying to find out which US department deals with consumer fraud. There's enough complaints for them to take some action.
 15th of Mar, 2011 by   PURSE FORUM , what does RICO stand for? 0 Votes
These scammers took my money and provided NO services! And they havre been doing this for years!!!
 11th of May, 2011 by   pennie4u 0 Votes
I'm glad I read these comments cause I have not given them any money but, was thinkin about it! Who can you trust these days??????
 12th of May, 2011 by   crocbait 0 Votes
My daughter has had her money returned by Amazon for the fee she paid to these scammers. The money paid for the bag unfortunately has gone because they didn't send any documentation as they promised. Bombard ebay and Amazon with your complaints, and send them to the people in your country that deal with fraud. I'm hoping the Australian and American authorities are following up on the information we've sent.
 6th of Oct, 2011 by   jacqlim 0 Votes
Oh damn it!!! I should have read this all before I paid. I've paid for 3 days service and now is the third day already. After reading here, i don't expect i could get any service from them! but where to get my money back??
 30th of Dec, 2011 by   Coffeebean71 0 Votes
I agree. I have been burned by MyPoupette on an authentication service, too. They charged my credit card, I sent them photos, and nothing. I have been emailing and trying to get something, some kind of response, for months, and still nothing. Also, please be aware of their sister site, Image Chic! I sent them my Chloe Paddington Whiskey leather padlock bag to sell for me on consignment a year ago, and I have never heard back from them. I have checked the website several times, and it was still on there for sale until recently, and now I can't find it, and they won't respond to my efforts to contact them. I'm at a loss for what to do. These people are incompetent at best, and frauds at worst. Beware!
 21st of Feb, 2013 by   angel helping 0 Votes
anyone complaining on here my suggestion is to contact the bbb they will definitely contact my poupette especially seeing all these complaints that i am reading and knowing that others are advertising to use them as the knowledge base
i appreciate all the comments since i was researching who my poupette was because historically i purchased my bags directly from the stores however i decided to bid on a bag on ebay. the person said they only accept my poupette and would not accept the credentials of a say louis vuitton store manager/responsible person stating that that person would not have the ability to validate the purse's authenticity and that their job is only to sell the bags. well personally i would think a sales associate could validate it because they would be able to use a bag they sell identical as a means to compare.
i dont like people sending me to places and the person is using photos to authenticate a purse, it just doesnt sound official to me unless they were sending me to the louis vuitton in paris to have the parisienne store authenticate the bag(s)
 18th of Feb, 2014 by   NetChix 0 Votes
I wish I had looked for complaints before I paid money to have my bad authenticated. It has been 2 weeks for a 2 day turn-around and I have heard nothing though I have placed repeated phone calls(directed to voice mail) and sent emails to no avail. This company is a fake!!! Now I am going to dispute the credit card payment!

Beware of Get Rich Quick SEO Scam Artists