logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
vacation rental partners
vacation rental partners marketing reviews scam
2. (15 mins ago)
dangerouslyeasyesl.com
The owner started to steal from me
3. (18 mins ago)

Posted:    upset in Oregon

Scam & Privacy Violation

Upset in Oregon
Oregon
I was searching around and came across this website and I noticed they had information on my 15 year old daughter posted. I promptly called them but I know how this information sellings sites work so I *67 before so they wouldnt get my cellphone number.
I spoke to a guy there and explained that they had information on my child and that I wanted it removed right away, the guy was helpful said he would get it done immediately.. And I thought that we were all finished, about 5 hours later after I called them I noticed 2 missed calls from a friend puzzled why she hadnt left a message (she always does) I called her back thinking something was wrong and that was when she said someone HIJACKED my phone, obviously I thought she was kidding until she told me that when she called that she heard my ring back and then when it would normally go to voice mail that it directed it off to mylife.com's phone service.. Well not completly convinced I called it myself and she was right.. I was shocked, I had my husband call my cell and it did the same thing it would do about 30 seconds of my ring back and then off to their answering system where you could here the information of Mylife.com and ask if you were a member and try to inlist you to sign up... I was completely in shock.. MY husband spoke to a representative there and asked how it was that they were interupting my cell phone calls and they insisted that they donot conduct business like that, my husband asked them to stop it and they got rude and hung up on him.. Confused and quite upset he called Verizon and spoke to them there who verified that it was infact going over to the mylife.com answering system he even called and verified it him self, they checked to make sure I hadnt accidently forwarded it off and to even his confusion it didnot show that I had accidently done anything after getting a supervisior and tech support involved they were able to unlink my phone so it was no longer going over to mylife.com's answering system.. But how scary is this that companies can do that and try to be sneaky and direct all of YOUR incoming calls directly to them in order to sell a product.
Let this being a warning to anyone wishing to call this company that trying to block your number doesnt work be smart and use a payphone...
Comments United States Internet Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of Aug, 2009 by   joe 0 Votes
I am an attorney researching the business practices of WWW.REUNION.COM and WWW.MYLIFE.COM.
I am interested in their practices as it relates to the SCRAPING OF EMAIL ADDRESS BOOKS.

Here's a few questions for all:

1) were you enticed to visit reunion.com after an email came to you, appearing like it was from a friend, inviting you to join reunion.com?

2) do you feel the terms of service and privacy policy noted on the site explained what exactly reunion.com was going to do to your email address book?

3) Were your email address contacts emailed an invitation to join reunion.com after receiving an invitation which claimed you sent them the invite?

4) was your email address book hijacked?

So as to support my interest and qualify my identity, I would refer you to a few of my recent cases I filed this past year, so that you can confirm that I do represent individuals in internet privacy matters. Google my recent cases:

lane v facebook,

valentine v nebuad

simon v adzilla

Once you locate these cases, review the atorneys noted, and then confirm I have the same email as the attorney noted on the lawsuit:

"Attorney Joseph H Malley
malleylaw@gmail.com"

In review of the issues, I note the issues OF INTEREST AND CONCERN;

they had information on my 15 year old daughter posted.

I called it myself and she was right.. it would do about 30 seconds of my ring back and then off to their answering system where you could here the information of Mylife.com and ask if you were a member and try to inlist you to sign up..

called Verizon verified that it was infact going over to the mylife.com answering system

Anyone wanting to chat, IN CONFIDENCE, about reunion or mylife and issues addressed in this email, please contact me at: malleylaw@gmail.com

Thanks
Attorney Joe Malley
malleylaw@gmail.com
 30th of Nov, 2009 by   Jodie and Joanne is me!!!!! 0 Votes
My late husband William Doster, 73, Kalamazoo, Mi has a picture by his name which is not he or me. we were married for 50 years. He is now deceased. the picture may have been put there by his girlfriend, NANCY HICKS cRUM, AND it may be her in the photo. My husband had 1 or more children by her and I've just recently found out that he led a double life and she was his girl friend for 51 years!!! I want that picture removed immediately! thank-you!
Joanne Doster, Kalamazoo, Mich.
 11th of Oct, 2010 by   Verde Diablo +3 Votes
This morning after seeing one of their Television commercials, out of infinite curiosity I decided to enter my name into their initial lookup (although I did nothing beyond the initial lookup.)

I was floored seeing the amount of info they had on me, just on the free (censored area)!

1: The street address was censored, but the first three digits of my phone number was the same digits of my phone number!

2: Even worse, somehow they knew the identity of my Mother!

I view their gathering of my personal information w/o my consent for their potential financial gain as a gross invasion of privacy. I think this could be worthy of a Class-Action Lawsuit.
 20th of Nov, 2010 by   Valfurian +2 Votes
It is a gross invasion of privacy. We the people need to demand government action to stop companies like this NOW! Speak out NOW and be heard. Flood the BBB with complaints and contact Congress. If the people do not take a stand now the issue of companies solely in the business of hacking your personal data and selling it will only get worse because in time they will be able to get more and more information about you and sell it WITHOUT your knowledge or consent.
 28th of Feb, 2012 by   angry from chicago +1 Votes
I did not know about MyLife.com or reunion.. I'm always careful about my information leaking in internet. I have set everything in private setting that's online.. but when I typed my name on Goodgle search.. OMG... this MyLife.com thing pops out!!
name, age, people who might be my family(well, there were many people I never heard of), places I lived in!! and all the info was available for free!!! geez!!! so I googled mylife.com invasion of privacy. I saw a link for phone # to call and have them remove my name..
so I called 1-888-704-1900 to remove my info and the lady I talked to was nice but I was already pissed. she asked for my name, age, place I live. well, they didn't have my current information so I gave her whatever was on their site. and she transfer me to other person. i had to give her my info all over again and she asked me addresses of the address I lived in. SURE~~ I'll give u my address~ I just told her some street names. and she said okay. she said it'll take about 7 to 10 business days to remove my info. WTF I told her(even though it's not her doing..I was pissed..) it's invasion of my privacy! and she said, "yeah. I know...but we have ways to get people's informations for others who's looking for people.." whatever.. I asked her again to make sure my info is off their site. she said yes...

and then i came across this site... damn.. i should've read this too before calling...

after reading what happened to 'upset in Oregon'... i was like..no way... and I called my cell phone from my home phone...
F**K!!! it doesn't go to MyLife.com's # but it goes to some fax machine... I tried calling from my phone and first, it didn't even let me make out going called... but after trying 5 times, phone got through. but still no incoming calls... I called my friends to try calling my phone and my phone doesn't even ring!!! my friends texts me through sns n tells me it makes weird noise!
I was freaking out and about to call them again and was looking for place to report them or something THEN, about 50 mins after I got off the phone with them to remove my info, a call came through... geez... all the stress i got...

ISN'T THERE SOMETHING THAT CAN BE DONE TO SHUT THIS SITE DOWN???
HOW IS THIS LEAGAL???
I mean just name & city.. then, I'll understand... but pictures, age, families, address... without any consent!
 16th of May, 2013 by   jivens +1 Votes
Over the past year I have received several weird telephone calls and it was a recorded message looking for someone, if I had any information call this number, yada, yada. Wasn't me, never heard of the person, didn't call them back. Then I got the call again, again recorded but this time I called the number. Apparently they are bill collectors looking for this specific person. Strange, but again, I told them not me, never heard of her, lived at this address 23 years, please remove my telephone # from their inquiry list. SO that being said, I have never GOOGLED myself before but did so yesterday and low and behold MYLIFE is showing MY personal information, my husband, his parents as connected to me, AND then showing SIX alias that I supposedly am "known as" with this (person inquired of above) last name as mine and HER relative as my relative, where THEY live! I emailed them and said no way was this person ME, I have never been "KNOWN AS", not related, don't know, don't want my profile shown with incorrect information. I asked them to remove any links from this person and to also not show my name with aliases that I have never LEGALLY used!! They tried that same crap with me, I'm supposed to give them ALL of MY personal information, send them notarized documents, I am supposed to give them money and click the AGREEMENT box and join their stupid site TO FIX INCORRECT INFORMATION????? Nope, didn't just fall of the turnip tree! SOOO, this site can gather incorrect information and plaster it all over the Internet, then bill collectors can start hassling me for debts that are not mine???? I would join a class action suit in a heart beat! CALL ME!

Money Transfer Scam