logo

WWICS
IMMIGRATION SCAM
4. (23 mins ago)
Cincinnati Bell Fioptics
Selling a service and not providing it
5. (24 mins ago)
Canon

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

MYIPRODUCT IMAIL, Sacramento, California Complaints & Reviews - Unauthorized charges on my AT&T phone bill

MYIPRODUCT IMAIL Contacts & Informations

MYIPRODUCT IMAIL

Posted:    Debi S

Unauthorized charges on my AT&T phone bill

AT&T
Payment Center
Sacramento, California
Phone: 800-286 4455
I just caught a charge on the back of my "terms and Conditions" page on our AT&T bill. It is for $$14.95 and we have been paying since Aug 2008. I never looked at the back of this page so didn't catch it. We called their number and they told us we clicked on an email and that authorized this service. We have asked three times for a copy of where we agreed to this, and they will not send it to us, nor refund our money.This supposedly was an 800 number which allowed us a message center (we never had a clue and never had an 800 number to call! I contacted AT&T and they said Calfiornia PUC makes them add these charges so they aren't considered a monopoly.
I did a search and found they AT&T has been turned in for this and was ordered to refund customers for this very reason so I filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission also.
In the meantime At&T will not refund these charges, provide us with any confirmation where we suppossedly agreed to it, etc. I want people to scrutinize their AT&T bills to see if they are victims also. It's another outrageous rip off to the consumer from Corporate greed and I am furious this is allowed. Anyone who has information on how to get then to reimburse us would be greatly appreciated!
Comments United States Telecommunications
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

16th of May, 2009 by   Carl Overmyer 0 Votes
I agree 100%! I too have the same experience so far. I am doing the following;
I have called Iproduct Imail directly and demand they drop the servie and refund the amount charged. ( I caught it the first billing cyle.) I have demanded that AT&T call the amount disputed, but they are still carrying the charge forward as an overdue amount. (I'll contact them Monday and straighten this out.) I am calling the MN AG's office and filling out a complaint form before I call them on Monday. The form can be found at: http://www.ag.state.mn.us/Consumer/Complaint.asp
I will be telling them about the issue and demand they take action OR point me to someone who can!

As far as I am concerned this action by this company is interstate wire fraud. They had NO authorization, have provided no service, none was used, and if I have to go to MN or Sacramento to get it stopped I will. I am not going to just pay this and NOBODY else should either!

Carl Overmyer