logo

Avvya
FAKE/TOXIC SOAP
2. (36 mins ago)
DHL
DHL non delivery and theft!
3. (38 mins ago)
Security staff

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

MyGiftCardSite, Texas Complaints & Reviews - UNABLE TO USE!!

MyGiftCardSite Contacts & Informations

MyGiftCardSite

Posted:    M30dolphin

UNABLE TO USE!!

Mastercard
Texas
Phone: 210-445-1206
My husband and I received a MC gift card for our birthday, and every since we haven't been able to use it! I try to get on the "web site" and it doesn't except my card number. I don't get it! If you give the company $50 for a flipping gift card, the person who receives it should be able to redeem it! And not only online!! Also, I try to use it online and it still doesn't let me! UUUGGGHH!!! WHAT A SCAM!! And our family doesn't have alot of money to through away $50!! If I could get there money back I would! It wasn't a gift, it was a nightmare!
Comments United States Credit Cards
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of May, 2010 by   N-Lo +1 Votes
This is totally true - so far, this company has taken family members for $150 (3 - $50 cards purchased) - you can't use these cards anywhere - it declines the transaction and by the time you find a place that will use it, there's only $2 left on it (from $50).
I have called several times and was put on hold for 1 hour and 15 minutes while at the same time calling on my cell for 50 minutes. You ask for a manager and all they do is drop you in queue - what a waste of our precious $ for the gift giver.
No-one follows up because the gift sender doesn't know you are having these 'issues' - these folks fraudulent practices need to be reported!
 25th of Jan, 2011 by   Barleyologist +1 Votes
I can not use this card at any retail establishment and nor do they offer an exlpination on how to use it at there site and... no contact information/email to talk with someone!
 5th of Feb, 2011 by   plugh 0 Votes
I have had no problems with the A gift for you mastercards until last week. ( Feb 2011) Since march 2010 I must have used over $1000 worth of them. Noticed that the local store has stopped stocking them... I have a $25 card that the mygiftcardsite won't accept.
 5th of Feb, 2011 by   VERAAGNESCOOK 0 Votes
I USED THE CARD ONCE BUT WHEN I TRIED TO USE IT AGAIN THEY SAID I HAD TO KNOW THE BALANCE HOW DO I FIND THE BALANCE WHEN YOU SAY MY CARD HAS EXPIRED AND I HAVE ONLY HAD FOR 2 MONTHS
 26th of Feb, 2011 by   Golgo26 0 Votes
I got a $50 dollar gift card today.and it doesn't work anywhere.it says register it, but the site doesn't even load.I for one agree these people need to be reported.From what I gather, the domain name is registered in Scottsdale, Arizona.
 27th of Feb, 2011 by   Broke and upset in Missouri 0 Votes
I myself have problems with these prepaid credit card. There is no number on the card to call customer service and the site keeps regenerating the same page. Where is the company techincal techs to help with this issue. This is not good for Mastercard!!! They need to handle this issue right away!!!
 6th of May, 2011 by   sedona824 0 Votes
I registered my 25 dollar gift card and it is denied at the stores. I came home to check on computer and no record that I registered it what gives????This was a gift for mothers day and cant even use it-not a happy camper in Buffalo, New York.
 6th of May, 2011 by   sedona824 0 Votes
I cant believe all the people that are having the same problem as I am having. Better yet why hasnt someone done something about it. The problem is it doesnt matter where you go it keeps getting denied at every store. I hope someone does something soon.
 30th of Aug, 2011 by   Brotherman 0 Votes
What a gift. I was given one to pay for someones shipping and it was declined at USPS so I paid cash. I tried to use for other purchases over the next few months at difffernt merchants to no avail. Good luck on their website. I am skeptical about registering at secondary site with security code due to theft potential. Scam from start to finish as far as I am concerned.
 14th of Sep, 2011 by   tam1970 +1 Votes
i'm having trouble getting to the web site and when i go through all the loops and finally find the web site i get a message that says my pre paid mc card is not part of the web site. i found an old card that had the number so here it is. 1-866-952-5653. this is the customer service number for mygiftcardsite.com
 27th of Apr, 2012 by   Ealaspada 0 Votes
A big thanks to tam1970 for the phone number: 1-866-952-5653. Via phone, they were able to register my card, but not explain why there was so much difficulty online and why they have hidden any access to the company. Pretty shady, if you ask me.
 15th of Jul, 2012 by   Clash 0 Votes
Do not buy or gift this card, they charge fees and have no account of any fees charged, they just managed to quickly say that the balance is zero and fees were charged, absolutely have not clue of the fees, the charges I have made in the past, the amount, the date.etc.total SCAM.
 26th of Sep, 2012 by   Jeanette L 0 Votes
Well looks like I get to add to the complaints of the card not working anywhere! Tried checking on the status of the card online and it says that it doesn't recognize the card. This company issuing these cards have to be stopped. How sick to take people's hard earned money. Shame on you!
 27th of Mar, 2013 by   m35dolphin 0 Votes
STOP CALLING MY NUMBER!! IT WAS BAD ENOUGH TO GET RIPPED OFF!! BUT NOW PEOPLE ARE CALLING ME, THINKING I AM THESE ASS HOLES! I ONLY LEFT MY NUMBER TO GET A RESPONSE FROM THEM, AND IT TOTALLY BACKFIRED ON ME. THIS PAST YEAR OF PHONE CALLS HAS BEEN CRAZY ANNOYING!! SO STOP!! IF I RECIEVE ANOTHER CALL YOU WILL GET BITCHED OUT...PERIOD. This company hasn't heard the last of me! They will be refunding me my money and compensating me for all their complaints that I have received!! GGRRRRRRR SINCERELY, M30DOLPHIN
 2nd of Apr, 2013 by   p marshall 0 Votes
There is no real website. It says that my card is not valid although I just bought it. I cannot check the balance anywhere. That is why I googled "unable to check my balance at www.mygiftcardsite.com., is this card a scam" and found this thread. I want my $50 back right now!
 22nd of Sep, 2013 by   ebaygiftcarduser 0 Votes
mygiftcardsite is a less than trustworthy site. i have used their cards numerous times for ebay and paypal. most times it works well but sometimes i get confusing problems like unable to access the site, card details dont exist. i have never had them charge me more than the purchase price that is paid at the store. i have however had paypal take a few dollars from me but wrote it off as a mistake on their part.

now the reason i am here is because i cant access the site. i wonder how long that will be going on.
 8th of Dec, 2013 by   Avery Choudhury 0 Votes
No real website. Haven't used card yet because I wanted to make online purchases only. Can't "register" it. Guess I'll see if I can use it for groceries. Would any federal government agency be of use?
 20th of Dec, 2013 by   Roselowe 0 Votes
Can I buy a money order with my gift card at the post office
 2nd of Jan, 2014 by   Fool Me Once, Shame on Me 0 Votes
The card looks legit, but look out. This is a ripe-off!!! After 4 attempts, I have finally registered the card. I only used part of the balance and now the remaining balance is declined because I don't know the exact amount remaining on the card. Why can't the card accept the remaining balance and I pay the difference? I get it- Mastercard has no intention of giving quality service. They are greedy and want to keep your hard earned money! Word to the wise-give cash. If you read everything on the back of the card, you will see that $2.00 will be deducted every month the card isn't used. How can you used the damn thing when you can't access the balance????:(
 6th of Jan, 2014 by   hannie5 0 Votes
I am p-od'd because I had no way of knowing that this type of gift card cannot be used on PayPal for an Ebay transaction. It is BLOCKED and when I asked mygiftcardsite representatives they say it cannot be used. Bummer because how would the average individual know when they are purchasing a gift card for someone. I CANNOT believe the stupid restrictions they put on these cards. Let's say I want to use it at a Restaurant or Hotel, and let's say the bill would be $25.00. Only $20.83 can be used towards that bill. NO GOOD! So at least Amazon will take it and the ENTIRE amount can be used. Well I guess I will know soon enough. NEVER AGAIN! Now I have to tell other people to NOT purchase a card that is issued by mygiftcardsite!!!

Identity Theft Has Many Forms