logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Melissa Brault
Sent deposit, story keeps changing
2. (23 mins ago)
Newegg.com
RMA return Fraud
3. (44 mins ago)
No No Hair Removal
unauthorized use of credit card
4. (54 mins ago)

Posted: 2011-09-23 by    Hating MyGiftCardSite.com

Stealing funds/horrible customer svc

mygiftcardsite.com
mygiftcardsite.com
Purchased $150 gift card on 9 / 13 / 11 to save money on gas through kroger. Went to shell station in front of kroger and swiped at the pump. It asked for a zip code. The card says "register your card at www. Mygiftcardsite.com before you make an online purchase. " it doesn't say anything about before purchasing gas on the card or the package. Transaction was declined! Tried a 2nd time and it was declined also. Looked online and found the card showed $2 available. It had placed a hold on $148 ($74 each swipe) even though it was declined. Called customer support to find that the "funds will release on the 23rd if not sooner. " been checking daily (And have since registered the card) and the funds are still not available as on 9am on 9 / 23 / 11. Called again to be informed that they are scheduled to be released at midnight tonight. When advised that they had stolen my money for the last 10 days, they blamed it on shell. Shell said the funds were released when the card was declined for incorrect zip code. Mygiftcardsite is a fraud. Do not purchase their gift cards from kroger or anywhere else!
Comments United States Credit Cards
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More MyGiftCardSite complaints
MyGiftCardSite - Consumer Fraud

Comments

4th of May, 2010 by   M30dolphin 0 Votes
My husband and i received a mc gift card for our birthday, and every since we haven't been able to use it! I try to get on the "web site" and it doesn't except my card number. I don't get it! If you give the company $50 for a flipping gift card, the person who receives it should be able to redeem it! And not only online!! Also, i try to use it online and it still doesn't let me! Uuuggghh!!! What a scam!! And our family doesn't have alot of money to through away $50!! If i could get there money back i would! It wasn't a gift, it was a nightmare!
 23rd of May, 2010 by   N-Lo +1 Votes
This is totally true - so far, this company has taken family members for $150 (3 - $50 cards purchased) - you can't use these cards anywhere - it declines the transaction and by the time you find a place that will use it, there's only $2 left on it (from $50).
I have called several times and was put on hold for 1 hour and 15 minutes while at the same time calling on my cell for 50 minutes. You ask for a manager and all they do is drop you in queue - what a waste of our precious $ for the gift giver.
No-one follows up because the gift sender doesn't know you are having these 'issues' - these folks fraudulent practices need to be reported!
 25th of Jan, 2011 by   Barleyologist +1 Votes
I can not use this card at any retail establishment and nor do they offer an exlpination on how to use it at there site and... no contact information/email to talk with someone!
 5th of Feb, 2011 by   plugh 0 Votes
I have had no problems with the A gift for you mastercards until last week. ( Feb 2011) Since march 2010 I must have used over $1000 worth of them. Noticed that the local store has stopped stocking them... I have a $25 card that the mygiftcardsite won't accept.
 5th of Feb, 2011 by   VERAAGNESCOOK 0 Votes
I used the card once but when i tried to use it again they said i had to know the balance how do i find the balance when you say my card has expired and i have only had for 2 months
 26th of Feb, 2011 by   Golgo26 0 Votes
I got a $50 dollar gift card today.and it doesn't work anywhere.it says register it, but the site doesn't even load.I for one agree these people need to be reported.From what I gather, the domain name is registered in Scottsdale, Arizona.
 27th of Feb, 2011 by   Broke and upset in Missouri 0 Votes
I myself have problems with these prepaid credit card. There is no number on the card to call customer service and the site keeps regenerating the same page. Where is the company techincal techs to help with this issue. This is not good for Mastercard!!! They need to handle this issue right away!!!
 6th of May, 2011 by   sedona824 0 Votes
I registered my 25 dollar gift card and it is denied at the stores. I came home to check on computer and no record that I registered it what gives????This was a gift for mothers day and cant even use it-not a happy camper in Buffalo, New York.
 6th of May, 2011 by   sedona824 0 Votes
I cant believe all the people that are having the same problem as I am having. Better yet why hasnt someone done something about it. The problem is it doesnt matter where you go it keeps getting denied at every store. I hope someone does something soon.
 30th of Aug, 2011 by   Brotherman 0 Votes
What a gift. I was given one to pay for someones shipping and it was declined at USPS so I paid cash. I tried to use for other purchases over the next few months at difffernt merchants to no avail. Good luck on their website. I am skeptical about registering at secondary site with security code due to theft potential. Scam from start to finish as far as I am concerned.
 14th of Sep, 2011 by   tam1970 +1 Votes
i'm having trouble getting to the web site and when i go through all the loops and finally find the web site i get a message that says my pre paid mc card is not part of the web site. i found an old card that had the number so here it is. 1-866-952-5653. this is the customer service number for mygiftcardsite.com
 21st of Sep, 2011 by   Steve Gonzales 0 Votes
This has been a nightmare. . . On friday 9 / 16 went to get gas, paid at the pump did not know any better. . . Tried to use it on saturday was denied. I called on saturday 9 / 17 / 11 was told in the rules or the fineprint it states do not use at the pump go in and request an amount. (The whole amount of $100. 00 was on hold i only used $60. 00) . I asked when will the hold be released she stated 2 - 3 days.

It is now wednesday 9 / 21 / 11 the hold still has not been released called today and the young lady on the phone stated will not be released (8 days) until next wednesday 28th. I have requested a manager or supervisor to call me she stated it will take 24 - 48 hours what a joke. . .

This is unexceptable my boss got me this card so i could get gas on my vacation to oregon what a pain.

You can see on the transcation that i used only $60. 00 you have control to release this amount i need these funds immediately remember who the consumer is.
 14th of Dec, 2011 by   Jim Ross 0 Votes
I am working on a credit card payments system and I have been testing with a MyGiftCardSite MasterCard for several weeks now. 1) They do not honor electronic authorization reversals, and 2) they appear not to expire any unsettled transactions (certainly not after 29 days so far where the customary expiration is 5-7 days at the most) and 3) the amount of funds they hold is 15% more than the actual authorized amount! This is not the same issue where restaurants add 20% themselves or gas stations authorize $75 or $100, this is the ISSUER reserving an extra 15%. I'm not sure why they would do this - it seems shady to me.
 24th of Feb, 2012 by   paperpushermj 0 Votes
I bought 3 packs of three to be given away as a thank you gift to customers. What a rip off first this is as far as I know the only prepaid card that makes the buyer jump through all these hoops just to use the card. Its deceptive to not mention on the packaging the need to go to a site to activate the card that was activated at the market check out like every other pre-paid card . Lastly I am unable to activate the cards on their web site after all this BS for some reason. So they have $150 Dollars of mine and I have their useless cards
DO NOT BUY THESE PRE-PAYED CARDS
 27th of Apr, 2012 by   Ealaspada +1 Votes
A big thanks to tam1970 for the phone number: 1-866-952-5653. Via phone, they were able to register my card, but not explain why there was so much difficulty online and why they have hidden any access to the company. Pretty shady, if you ask me.
 15th of May, 2012 by   Bryon A 0 Votes
I purchased a card recently prior to a trip. Stayed at a hotel outside DC. Hotel was prepaid. Arrived they swiped prepaid card. 10 days later shows card transaction. Hotel states funds released. Card 800# not affiliated with anyone and no way to resolve this. Have to hope from call taker that after 30 days money shows up in account. Bottom line don't buy debit cards from Kroger no matter how great the deal and benefits sond. You will loose!! STAY AWAY FROM THEM
 15th of Jul, 2012 by   Clash 0 Votes
Do not buy or gift this card, they charge fees and have no account of any fees charged, they just managed to quickly say that the balance is zero and fees were charged, absolutely have not clue of the fees, the charges I have made in the past, the amount, the date.etc.total SCAM.
 26th of Sep, 2012 by   Jeanette L 0 Votes
Well looks like I get to add to the complaints of the card not working anywhere! Tried checking on the status of the card online and it says that it doesn't recognize the card. This company issuing these cards have to be stopped. How sick to take people's hard earned money. Shame on you!
 24th of Nov, 2012 by   Customer Service Scam 0 Votes
I was giving one of these cards as a gift from my manager at a local retail store. I watched my manager fund the card with money. I went to Target to use the card and I was declined. I went to their online website and tried to put in the card info and it said invalid. I called their customer service number and the representative was very rude. She told me their are no funds on the card. I asked her how that could be? I watched the purchase of the card. She insisted that I was wrong and did not give me any real advice except to take it back to the store. I will never ever purchase this type of card again. Do not buy these cards and it will cost you lots of money/time and hassle in the long run. They make you jump through hoops. What a waste of time.
 27th of Mar, 2013 by   m35dolphin +1 Votes
Stop calling my number!! It was bad enough to get ripped off!! But now people are calling me, thinking i am these ass holes! I only left my number to get a response from them, and it totally backfired on me. This past year of phone calls has been crazy annoying!! So stop!! If i recieve another call you will get bitched out. . . Period. This company hasn't heard the last of me! They will be refunding me my money and compensating me for all their complaints that i have received!! Ggrrrrrrr sincerely, m30dolphin

A Facebook Identity Theft