myfinancialprograms

Posted:

Site uses false info to advertise itself

myfinancialprograms
Washington
This site advertises itself as providing free information on grants that low income people qualify for to help them with their debts. It sends a notice to your email address with a link to a company called CustomIntel, that supposedly has the information of the grants you qualify for, but the report isn't free at all, it cost $19.95 to purchase it. Do not use myfinancialservices.com because although some things are free on it, the most important is not free and you will end up with a lot of junk email from the companies they are associated with.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Government Grants
Was the above complaint useful?
More myfinancialprograms Complaints & Reviews
myfinancialprograms - Not helpful [5]

Comments

21st of Apr, 2010 by    -1 Votes
myfinancialprograms.com's ads say no personal info is required to learn about grants you or your small business may qualify for, however on the form you fill out, the first thing they ask for is your name, email address, and zip code. Pretty personal if you ask me.

Then the next page after you submit the info (regardless of what you are looking for) is a page that says something like:

We can't help you now, but you'll get an email from us soon, in the meantime fill out the form to the left which is nothing more than an advertisement for lowermybills.com.

It is quite clear this is a ridiculous scheme (possibly a scam) to data mine for personal email addresses in which to then spam you with junk. It is also a means to get people to click on ads of other companies which I am sure these people are getting pay per click/visit money from those advertisers.

If you really want to know where to find grants (government or otherwise) that you can get, do yourself a favor and just go to the various government websites where this type of info is posted directly for you. Also, despite how fruity the guy seems to be, Matthew Lesko (the guy in the infomercials with the question marks on his clothes) actually provides very good info on all types of grants.
 2nd of Dec, 2011 by    0 Votes
I used myfinancialprograms 2x over the last 2 years and I found the information I was looking. The first time I was looking for college grant for my daughter in new york or maine which I found. The second time I was looking for information about local home improvement programs after we moved and bought a house in new hampshire and that ime again we found the relevant programs we could use to maybe help for some of the improvements.
I received a welcome email both time but never was asked to pay anything. the email had an ad in them for another company, I didn't click them but maybe if I'd click them I would have to pay something but I clearly never paid anything to myfinancialprograms.
 20th of Mar, 2015 by    0 Votes
I have applied for the MyFinancialProgram, and they have done nothing but call me several times to try to get me to pay $3.80 cents. They were so determine to get a payment. I was hesitating for two days as they kept calling me to tell me I qualify for a grant, but had to pay $3.80. They couldn't tell me anything about the grant. I asked if they were accredited business and they told me no, and tried to talk down on the credited business in a way. They also said they work for the government. When I still insisting on more information, they just pretty much repeat theirselves. These people I talked to were foreigners or sounded like people from India the whole time, even the manager. I talked to Roger, Shawn, and Logan the manager. They all couldn't really tell much and all they kept asking was how I am going to pay. So I looked up their reviews and there was barely any information. Yeah there was very little good information but it could be just scammers helping out their reviews. Then I checked BBB.org and there was nothing about the business. I end up coming across the scambook website and reviews on facebook. There are people trying tell others not to do go for it. It's a scam and the MyFinancialProgram never really contacted them again or try to make them pay more money on other things. So I made my decision and called them back told them I am not able to do it. Roger asked why and I told him it was due to financially being poor right now, because my boyfriend's job messed up his paycheck. They told me ok you will never be able to apply for this program again. Then I was thinking interesting the people who work for the government should be nicer and not want all that information, plus I don't think they would have said you can never apply again. So I would say this is Scam or program that wants your money and won't give you any help but a set up.

Contact Us