logo

Unauthorized charges / false advertising

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

myfinancialprograms, Washington Complaints & Reviews - Site uses false info to advertise itself

myfinancialprograms Contacts & Informations

myfinancialprograms

Posted:    malawoomama

Site uses false info to advertise itself

myfinancialprograms
Washington
This site advertises itself as providing free information on grants that low income people qualify for to help them with their debts. It sends a notice to your email address with a link to a company called CustomIntel, that supposedly has the information of the grants you qualify for, but the report isn't free at all, it cost $19.95 to purchase it. Do not use myfinancialservices.com because although some things are free on it, the most important is not free and you will end up with a lot of junk email from the companies they are associated with.
Comments United States Government Grants
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More myfinancialprograms complaints
myfinancialprograms - Not helpful

Comments

21st of Apr, 2010 by   scamalertstar -1 Votes
myfinancialprograms.com's ads say no personal info is required to learn about grants you or your small business may qualify for, however on the form you fill out, the first thing they ask for is your name, email address, and zip code. Pretty personal if you ask me.

Then the next page after you submit the info (regardless of what you are looking for) is a page that says something like:

We can't help you now, but you'll get an email from us soon, in the meantime fill out the form to the left which is nothing more than an advertisement for lowermybills.com.

It is quite clear this is a ridiculous scheme (possibly a scam) to data mine for personal email addresses in which to then spam you with junk. It is also a means to get people to click on ads of other companies which I am sure these people are getting pay per click/visit money from those advertisers.

If you really want to know where to find grants (government or otherwise) that you can get, do yourself a favor and just go to the various government websites where this type of info is posted directly for you. Also, despite how fruity the guy seems to be, Matthew Lesko (the guy in the infomercials with the question marks on his clothes) actually provides very good info on all types of grants.
 2nd of Dec, 2011 by   sarahnewhampshire 0 Votes
I used myfinancialprograms 2x over the last 2 years and I found the information I was looking. The first time I was looking for college grant for my daughter in new york or maine which I found. The second time I was looking for information about local home improvement programs after we moved and bought a house in new hampshire and that ime again we found the relevant programs we could use to maybe help for some of the improvements.
I received a welcome email both time but never was asked to pay anything. the email had an ad in them for another company, I didn't click them but maybe if I'd click them I would have to pay something but I clearly never paid anything to myfinancialprograms.

Helpful Tips For Online Shoppers