logo

AMI Energy Solutions
Fraud/Scam
4. (46 mins ago)
Walden University
cost, lack of response, grievance filed without so much as an acknowledgment...the list goes on!
5. (53 mins ago)
Freelotto
NO PAYMENT

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

my weight doctor, Reston, Virginia Complaints & Reviews - Cancellation of program

my weight doctor Contacts & Informations

my weight doctor

Posted:    stephcheck23

Cancellation of program

My Weight Doctor
Reston, Virginia
myweightdoctor.com
I began the weight program letting the office manager know I was extremely nervous about signing a contract which locked me into monthly payments. I explained that my husband and I were not in a financial situation to commit ourselves to any length of time on the program, and was assured that we could cancel the program at any time. Additionally, I was assured that if we didn’t want to cancel, I could call the office and ask them to hold off on charging us for the month until we were in a better financial position. After trying to program for 1 month and realizing we were not in a position to continue the more than $500 a month payments to be on the plan, I contacted the office and requested that our participation in the program be cancelled. At that time, I was informed that I needed to pay a minimum of 90 days of the plan – this is equivalent to over $1, 500. I explained to the receptionist that I could not pay the amount being charged for an additional 2 months and she informed me that I would be contacted by customer service to arrange payment terms. I did not hear anything from the customer service department, but was still charged over $500 which forced my account into an overdrawn status. I do not believe that My Weight Doctors operate in good faith and certainly do not follow what they say they will do. In my opinion, this bad business practice, and all consumers should be protected from these type of behaviors.
Comments United States Weight Loss Products and Programs
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Mar, 2011 by   bdave68 0 Votes
I agree that they do not operate in good faith. I was a patient there for more than a year. It was going well, but I was uncomfortable taking pills to lose weight. During the summer, my wife became really ill, she ended up requiring 2 surgeries. My weight plan got put on the back burner, but I didn't cancel. They continued to withdraw money from my account, never once contacting me about my not being there. I tried to pick it up in the fall. On my first visit back, I was talking to one of the assistants about why I had missed several months. They told me flat out if I had circumstances that prevented me from making appointments, they could get me the medication, just need to let them know when I will be able to make another appointment. As long as I communicate with them, they will work with me. My wife became ill again, and then a family member became gravely ill. I again missed appointments. When my wife was doing better, and the family member had passed, I called them and told them that I could make an appt in about a month, then even gave them a date. They refused me medication, even though they had been taking money from me for several months without a visit. Never once did they contact me to show any concern. I cancelled immediately, and I was also told they would need to collect for the next 3 months as part of their policy. They make it extremely clear that you are not important, only your money.
 9th of Apr, 2011 by   meramaid 0 Votes
Yes, they are all about income and nothing about the patient. They will lie to your face and change the rules if you let them. I would request to speak with the owner, not the local facility and file a BBB claim, along with a claim to the Medical board. I had similiar experiences until I told them that my attorney would be contacting them and then they wanted me to come in for a physical. I told them the only thing that I was coming in for was a refund check. After much aggravation, I finally received a refund and the stopped charging my card monthly. People to need to speak up about these types of companies or they will continue to take advantage of people.
 1st of Jun, 2011 by   Overandagain 0 Votes
I had a similar experience. I requested the cancellation 3 times and they never gave me the form. I told them from the first, that I only intended to try them out for three months. Now they are charging my credit card for months of services that they never provided. I would like them investigated by the local news, consumer advocates.
 9th of Nov, 2011 by   Dave.Sm 0 Votes
I did the program at the VA location and frankly, they saved my life. I too was hesitant at first since I had to set up payments to come out automatically however I was not going to let that stop me because I needed to LOSE WEIGHT and get healthy so I could be around for my kids! The entire crew in Herndon were supportive from day 1 and when I signed up, they were crystal clear on their cancellation process and I at my own will initialed and signed their contract agreeing to their terms and conditions. I have to say that as an attorney, those of you that are complaining should be ashamed of yourselves for not taking responsibility to what you agreed to by signing their contract. I highly recommend My Weight Doctor to anyone that is looking to lose weight in the safest way possible!
 16th of Nov, 2011 by   Sweeney Todd 0 Votes
Sept 09 I got an injection, spent the next couple of days in hospital due to injection. Continued on medication until Dec 09 when my PCP advised me to stop. He sent a certified letter to MWD and I never had another appointment. According to your "contract" - you need to give 3 months notice to end because you are on medication and the doctor needs to monitor you while you go off of them. I never received a follow up phone call from a doctor asking my progress (my lawyer advises me this could be basis for a medical malpractice suit), In June 2010 I received a call from an admin saying I needed to submit a resignation letter, which i did either by fax or mail, not sure which i did. I assumed this was following up with my doctors certified letter from December 2010.

I spoke to a very rude woman last night on the phone who was giving me the "company line". And then she rudely hung up on me. You say that you need 3 months to ween you off the medicine, but in reality since no doctor ever contacted me, I assume it is just a money making scheme.
 13th of Jan, 2013 by   Feliz B. 0 Votes
My weight doctor is a big scam. I was a patient for a month only. I had to cancel it after a month due to illness. I even provided them a letter from my doctor and paid 3 months extra to get out of the program. After 14 months of getting out of the program, I received a letter from a collection agency requesting money for 14 months!!! I have in writing that I quit the program but they won't stop contacting me. I get phone calls late at nights, on weekends, letters in the mail and now collection agencies contacting me all the time. Isn't this kind of harassment? How can I stop this?

Top 5 Consumer Complaints