logo

My Medical Loan

Posted:    TedE51

Never use them

My Medical Loan
I have had a horrible experience with mymedicalloan.com. They have representatives there who are beyond incompetent and their follow through is quite poor. I was approved for a loan for a surgical procedure only to be told 1 week before the surgery BECAUSE I called them that the bank that my funding was through, and other people, notified them that they were bankrupt. My medical loan took no responsibility and had no empathy. They basically stated, "well, we'll continue to look but you can too. They told me that they would call me back but never did! Never do business with this company.
Comments United States Health & Beauty
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More My Medical Loan complaints
My Medical Loan - Am I STUPID?

Comments

26th of Mar, 2010 by   Bergoomay 0 Votes
Were you able to get anything resovled with MyMedicalLoan.com? They have screwed up our credit so bad that we can't even get a loan for more than $10K and we make nearly $200K a year. What a SCREWED up company and you are correct, they do not return calls or answer their darn phones to begin with.
 29th of Jun, 2010 by   thin2win -2 Votes
You both sound very missinformed and ridiculously illiterate. I am a very happy customer of theirs and would recommend all my friends and family if they were ass fat as I was. Mymedicalloan.com does not screw up anyones credit, they hand out money with their No Patient Left Behind Program which is not based on anybodys credit just your ability to make on time monthly payments. Sounds like you(Bergoomay) were on the same program as I and if so I highly doubt you make 200k a year to not be approved for a 10k loan ANYWHERE. You are either a liar or your credit score was already in the toilet.
 9th of Jul, 2010 by   scarpetta10 -1 Votes
I just got approved and was told to schedule my surgery. After I scheduled the surgery I got my paperwork. They want to charge a 2300.00 origination fee for a 5750.00 loan. Do they think people are stupid. That is on top of the interest fees. I called them back to get an explanation and no call back.
 13th of Aug, 2010 by   DanielleMc +1 Votes
I totally agree that mymedicaloan are a bunch of sharks and very dishonest. Because I have had credit problems in the past I was turned down by them but then I was told that they have a special program for people with credit issues a called no patient left behind, in which they guarantee financing. They would set up a special purpose account in which I was suppossed to make monthly deposits and when I reached half of the surgery amount they would then go ahead and finance the rest. What did I have to lose by doing it this way? After thouroughly reading the papers I started off with 2500 as a down payment and then they were then allowed to debit my bank account for 500 a month until I reached 5, 000. It initially took forever for them to get the account set up and then my rep left the company, and I was told I needed to refax certain paper work. Since they couldnt find the initial agreement with the 2500 down payment I filled out another form for 2800.00 instead. When they finally got around to it they debited my account for 2500.00 and then 2800.00! they put through both papers and thankgod I had enough money in there to cover it. Because I was suppossed to slowly built up to 5, 000 I told them to leave the account the way it was and just refund me back the extra 300. I waited two days and when I went to check my account that they set up, they had another 500.00 scheduled to come out in two days! When I called and asked what was going on the guy stated that he couldnt stop the debit from occuring and until I actually had the surgery that they were going to keep debiting my account for 500.00! I looked through all my paperwork and nowhere did it say that...also my first account rep neglected to tell me that in addition to being charged 49.99 a month for having the account that they also get 10% of the agreed upon amount. Still after going off I allowed them to then go ahead with what thy said they were gonna do, and that was finance their half. After seeing several dr.s I kept hearing the same thing that no one wanted to take their program. I couldnt figure out why until one of the dr.s offices told me what the real deal was...they were trying to get the dr. to take his payments in installments! No wonder every dr turned down this program. I even went with one of the dr.s that I know they worked with before and he didnot want anything to do with the no patient left behind program. Their other program went ahead and paid the dr in full but apparently they want the dr to assume some of the risk and will only pay in installments for the no patient left behind program. Of course you know I never found one dr willing to take this program and who would? I rechecked my paperwork and again, no where did it say that they pay the dr. in installements. I had called them several times and no one would ever return calls until a week later. So I asked the account lady to give me a list of dr.s that worked specifically with this program, and after dancing around the subject three days later she called me with one dr...one dr in the whole state of nj! I calmed down, and checked out the dr, because I was suspicious of why he was willling to accept the program when no other dr would. I went to his pathetic website which had no photos of his work..and he had like four credentials! Its a wonder why he was going to accept the program..no one in hell would even bother going to him. Websites should not be the final determining factor but most Dr.s love to show off their work and for him to not have any photos was very suspicious. Needless to say I demanded my money back because I was sick of the games. Of course I had to threaten them with my attorney and a lawsuit because out of the 5800.00 that they took they were only gonna return 5100.00 because the contract stated that they will keep their fees no matter what. I told them that they forced the contract to be breached by offering a program that no one would possibly accept and asked why they felt they would be entitled to any fees. I told them my lawyer was gonna be in touch. Suddenly they contacted me saying that they would pay back 5600.00 because they felt they were entitled to something because they did in fact give me one dr. I agreeed and then took my money and ran. Never do business with their no patient left behind program because no plastic surgeon will accept it and if they do hes probably a butcher of some sort
 23rd of Aug, 2010 by   ImaDiva +1 Votes
Just because a doctor accepted the program doesn't mean that they are suspect. My doctor is HIGHLY known, recommended, very informative and has a huge portfolio of prior work. In addition, Chief of his Surgery Department and affiliated with a host of hospitals in the Jersey area. However, my doctor accepted this program after going back/forth with MML on their portion percentage and actually negotiated a better rate for me with their portion being lowered since he normally accepts their regular loan program and recommended me to their company. If he didn't recommend me, he would not have accepted this program at all. So I do understand your point.
 24th of Aug, 2010 by   DanielleMc 0 Votes
It doesnt seem that hard to comprehend to me. What I said was that in this whole state none of the Dr.s wanted to take the program except one and that would be suspect to me, maybe not to you but Im not talking about your experience Im talking about mine..I dont know or care what happenned with yours. Good for you, you got the chief in yada yada I did not get that I had one choice in this whole state and his background which I checked out was not impressive at all. So thats what my point is
 24th of Aug, 2010 by   DanielleMc +1 Votes
Im sorry Im an an ass...I didnt read the entire thing through and I have no had my coffee at all this morning and hormones on top of hormones are floating around...make a long story short im a bitch lol...sorry...plus it doesnt help that people get attacked on here and funny i turned out to be on of the attackers
 24th of Aug, 2010 by   DanielleMc +1 Votes
and also cant spell this morning either
 24th of Aug, 2010 by   ImaDiva 0 Votes
No worries. As your saw at the end of my comment, I understood what you where you was coming from. I don't take internet attacks personal, it's behind a computer/keyboard nothing directly in my face, another story. Anyhow, I wish you the best.
 21st of Sep, 2010 by   ally2blonde 0 Votes
I applied for a loan and was approved under the No Patient Left Behind program. They approved me for the amount I asked- however you have to read the contract VERY closely because there are a lot of things in it that my loan consultant told me the opposite about.

BE SMART AND READ EVERYTHING!

Also- their standard 'processing fee' is $1, 100! Even if I paid it off in 1 year (interest free) I would still have to pay that amount on top of my loan amount!

The 'interest free w/in a year' part is a little odd too. You pay the interest the entire time- and then supposedly they are suppose to 'refund' your money. In the contract- it said a partial refund. My loan consultant said it would all be refunded.

NOTE::: They have merged with SurgeryLoans.com so be careful! SAME COMPANY.

I have read a lot of bad things about this company... I certainly am not goint to pay them 1100 dollars when my loan is only 2500...

**and make sure you ask your consultant his/her name +direct dial because they will only let you talk to one person there. If they seem stupid, ask for another one.

Unless you are completely desperate and don't mind wasting money and risk the problems others have had... I would not reccomend them. Make payments to your doctor or ask a friend or family member to loan yout he money and set up a contract for scheduled payments to them. That's what I'm doing.

--Care Credit has a good reputation but you need good credit and nothing negative on your record to be approved. I was told by the financing person at my cosmetic surgery office to double your income on the application because they don't check.
 21st of Sep, 2010 by   DanielleMc 0 Votes
I totally agree and some of the stuff they don't even put in writing. I"m sure after dealing with me they had to change things again in this contract. If you think you had problems with just the interest and fees be glad you never came to the point of trying to select a Dr. No one but one sad ass Dr. in my whole state will accept the way they wanted to pay them. When I asked why they weren't paying the Dr. in full instead of installments they gave some lame excuse saying they want the Dr. to assume some of the risk. What Dr. in their right mind would do that? At any rate I was lucky, I threatened an attorney and suddenly they returned almost all my money, they kept 100 or something for calling around trying to find Dr.'s for me. I ended up paying up front on my own anyway which turned out better for me because no games or interest.
 23rd of Sep, 2010 by   Kyjahlin 0 Votes
Ugh, I feel the pain here! I tried their sister company or whatever MyLegalLoan.com.

First, I was never able to talk to a LIVE person until I started pushing random extension numbers. Which I found also from MedicalLoan side. The do not answer the phones and if you do get some nimrod named Jasmine or something, they will transfer you to another useless person's voicemail.

Second, Erika Harber ( erika@mylegalloan.com ) sent me my APPROVAL. Yay! or so I thought.

I asked the following questions, obviously because they weren't CLEAR!

1. The numbers don't add up exactly. I'm approved for $5200, yet total amount financed is $6000? could you explain the $800 difference?

2. What does Cash Price ($6500) mean exactly?

3. What is SAC Program?

4. What does the down payment cover and why is it collected?

5. We haven't chosen an attorney yet - how exactly does that process work? Do they have to be enrolled in your program?

And Finally... 2 weeks later I have yet to hear back. Guess Ms. Erika Harber couldn't handle my questions or they don't need all the money they coulda woulda shoulda made off me.

I have complained to the BBB
 19th of Oct, 2010 by   Vicka 0 Votes
You are all wrong. I was given finance plan to get my procedure done. Yes it costs money to borrow money. It is almost impossible to get a loan today for anything and yet they assisted me to get my procedure financed and a chance to imporve my credit. So the people who do not pay their bills, have terrible credit, feel entitled and do not deserve to be loaned a penny should not be complaining about the finance opportunity that has been given to them rather thankful
 18th of Nov, 2010 by   Sharkhunter +1 Votes
I have read all of the comments made by the readers of the original complaint, and I would just like to throw mine in there as well, being that there are people here who LIKE mymedicalloan.com. Do you people WORK for them or something? Because seriously, what I'm about to say will prove that they are infact con-artists preying on the desperate, and that you people who applaud them are out of your minds...
Back in mid- October, I applied to the company. I admit, I have made some credit mistakes in the past, so it didn't surprise me at all to hear that my application was declined...but wait! There was hope for me, or so I thought, through their special program "No Patient Left Behind". What a crock. What they meant was "No Pocket Left Alone". But I'm getting to that. Immediately I began communicating constantly with a person named "Pete". We agreed on terms, yada yada, he told me to contact my doctor and give them a heads up, which I did. My Doctor's office told me to have them send information about the program. Later that evening, "Pete" emailed me the documents I needed to sign, and he also requested that I send him a voided check. The next morning, I faxed the information over to him, and I awaited a call from my doctor's office. When they did finally call me back, I was sorely disappointed. They told me that the Doctor himself refused to work with that program. In the nicest way possible, they stated, basically, that "No Patient Left Behind" was trying to rip me off. Soooo...that left me with the problem of not being able to use the only Doctor I trusted to perfom my proceedure.
I immediately called "Pete" back, and this would be the very last time I ever heard his voice for the rest of my story (unless you count his voicemail recording). When he answered the phone, I told him that my doctor declined to work with them. I told him that meant I would not be needing his services. He then tried to steer me to this other doctor. (I needn't tell you that this was, of course, the only doctor in Arizona already accepting their program.) I told him that I would hear what the other doctor's office had to say about it, but after looking online and finding nothing encouraging about this new doctor, I called "Pete" right back...and this is where the endless voicemail begins.
I left endless voicemails to "Pete's" direct line, and I never got a call back. The messages started only one day after he got my bank account information, so I kept telling him "Please, do not create an account. The only Doctor I want to use is refusing your program. There will be no medical procedure...cancel, cancel. Please call me back." Several messages this way, then I just gave up calling. I just assumed that since my doctor refused, the deal was off. I was SO wrong.
A month later, on a random day that I hadn't even chosen on the original contract, $200 was taken from my account. I knew immediately it was them. And because I know this is getting lengthy, I'm gonna finish all this up in short form. I called mymedicalloan, left a message of course, called the loaning bank, got directed back to mymed, did the message dance, and bounced back and forth for days and days before they would agree to give me only $160 of it back. ($40 was supposedly theirs to keep, though "Soledad" openly admitted it was their mistake for even creating the surgery account in the first place.)
This is highway robbery. Any business like this should be shut down without asking any questions. And yes, I have reported it to the BBB.
I realize that I am lucky that it stopped at $200, that there are several unfortunates who were taken for more, but this has GOT to stop.
 24th of Jan, 2011 by   EVE78 +1 Votes
obviously, the idiots that wrote good things about my medical loan are people who wrk in the company. DO NOT EVER USE THEM!!!
 17th of Nov, 2011 by   Dyanna43 +1 Votes
Was approved for loan, scheduled procedure...after airline tickets are purchased, 140. Spent in faxing and overnight mailing everything, they go into hiding. No one answers the phones, returns calls, or responds to emails. Lost several hundred dollars, I will file a claim against them to get my money back!
 9th of Jan, 2012 by   Bttrcream 0 Votes
OMG! I am so glad I researched this company, before I made any decisions. I was gonna to do the program were they don't check for bad credit. So I was suppose to put up half of the amount and they would loan the other half. I knew it was to good to be true... Thanks Guys..
 11th of Feb, 2012 by   Jackie brown 214 +1 Votes
Hi, everyone out there who has got smart and did the research on these Sam artist at MyML. I just want to say this, if u people who r trying to defend MyML really wanna try to prove everyone else who's been burned by them, why have anyone one of you said anything about a real doctor that does except there services ? You know like: your not recommended anyone doctor in your rebuttals against us who've been burned or could've been burned had not we read these reviews. Come on man: cause if u don't and your so much in a defensive mode for MyML, then they will lose potential customers. And I know u don't want that since u like them so much, in which is very apparent (u liking them so much) because u took the time to write a defense note for them. SO KeEP IT REAL for them if u got the surgery for real u must of had to have a good experience so tell us what doctor u used if u want to help them (MyML).
 6th of Mar, 2012 by   Lsjc25 +1 Votes
I tried to get a loan thru a med finance co. and they wanted circs $2300 dollars for a finance charge on a 4k surgery. I started to go thru the No patient lef t behind program and I was just going to give them the entire %50 upfront but they had closed my loan or opened it?? not sure I emailed Damont Carroll at NPLB and what a worthless piece of fecal matter not only did he get smart with me for no reason, he would not answer my questions. All they kept saying was to send them the money send them the money and would not give me any onfo on the surgeon I was going thru either. They would also not take the time to explain to me how the loan worked or charges or anything. I told them I would contact the BBB and Damont said "weve been in business for 10 years" wooptie doo punk. Needless to say scammers and unprofessional garbage DO NOT GO WITH NPLB just save up and pay cash! I was smart enough not to "send them the money"
 12th of Mar, 2012 by   Rashida Johnson 0 Votes
I am so glad that I checked this site before going forward with this process- the concensus is..."Don't do it yall- Run Forest, RUN!" -lololol

Tax Tips: Phishing-Malware - February 2010