logo

Huff N Puff
Corporate Greed
3. (4 mins ago)
Active Advantage
Active advantage trial membership scam
4. (12 mins ago)
Wrinkles R Us Karen Wilson Eatonville Wa
Bad breeder **just changed her kennel name**
5. (24 mins ago)
Anil Saini
scam

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Mueller Services, Inc, Tonawanda, New York Complaints & Reviews - Employer Scam to gather personal info

Mueller Services, Inc Contacts & Informations

Mueller Services, Inc

Posted: 2011-10-07 by    yahadagoodday

Employer Scam to gather personal info

Mueller Reports
63 Main St
Tonawanda, New York
Phone: 800-934-1246 X 255
inspectionnews.net
BEWARE, Mueller Reports is a predatory hiring scam across the USA. They hire you and immediately establish aggressive training schedule, then change training program and order, misguide you and set you up to fail, then fire you for no justifiable reason. They tell you up front that 2/3 trainees fail. During this bogus training process, they gather your personal information, bank info, birth certificate, social security #, background check, likely for their DATA MINING operations. see more complaints at website below:
Comments United States Employers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of Nov, 2011 by   altared 0 Votes
That's funny, the link you gave:
shows a lot of unhappy workers, but it's a real company with real work to do. It looks like you should know what you are getting into, and negotiate your pay to get decent compensation.
 8th of Dec, 2011 by   PHRENZY 0 Votes
I work for them and the BS you spew is 100% wrong... Sorry you did not make the cut for a easy job that pays well... Last check was for $800 for 1 week of work...
 23rd of Dec, 2011 by   JobSeekerinMilwaukee 0 Votes
The poster apparently is alone on this post but the link definitely seems to have a group of unhappy people Phrenzy. I think your comment about is all being fake is bogus more than the mounting others very upset apparently. I don't know for sure. I was only looking through indeed.com but the way the ad was written made me do a google search and that's why I see this. - Sorry. that job isn't worth it for me if from the get-go I had to check their credentials.
 8th of Jan, 2012 by   Woodrow2 0 Votes
I really wish I new the truth about this company. I need a job but don't want to get into a scam. The BBB doesn't know they exist. I don't see why they need my birth certificate? Please comment as they have want me to call for an interview.
 24th of Feb, 2012 by   Nooooooooooooo 0 Votes
I will tell you the truth. I worked there and it is all clearly about them making money and making you poor. They have a HUGE turnover of people because they treat them like numbers. The managers change like the clock. Constant change and more responsibility, with all the expenses, vehicle, insurance, gas @ $4.00 gallon, paper printer computer ink, Internet, cell phone, etc all when you get done before expenses and you make $7.00-$9.00 per hour. They promise $12-$15 but it is not real numbers and after all do they think people can really live on $12.00 hour and have a dependable car to use for there business and when there is no work they say o'well. STAY AWAY from these jerks. Farmers make more money and dont have to deal with arrogance. Dont believe we have a real work that needs to be done, maybe so but they should pay a living wage or pay for expenses. As for there fee they pay you $10.00 for exterior with photos, $13.00 with a diagram and $26.00 for a full appraisal of interior what a joke and then thye take your mileage expense out of that. So basically you $13.00 job and you drive 20 miles you subtract $10.00 in mileage and you really get paid $3.00 for an 1.5 hours and burned up your car for $3.00 now is it really worth it. NO NO NO
 25th of Feb, 2012 by   casseopeiaW 0 Votes
Definitely a data mining operation.
 12th of Mar, 2012 by   wom 0 Votes
I worked here for a few months. It is a real company and you get real paychecks for not hard work. I was not about the money, I really enjoyed it. But, alas, out of no where I got "laid off" with no explanation. So, I thought I was doing fine, but apparantly they didn't like me anymore for some reason. My manager was a poor communicator, it does seem like they set you up to fail. I wish I knew what was going on there...
 19th of Jun, 2012 by   Skip Hansen +1 Votes
I am an employee at Mueller and have worked there since April. All I was looking for was a part time job to supplement my retirement. $ 15.00 per hour is not bad for a part time job in the area that I live. It is hard to get more than $ 9.00 or $ 10.00 an hour for part time work arround here. But I can see that if an individual was not a self starter, or not computer literate, that could be a problem. My understanding of the birth certificate issue is that they do NOT want to employ illegal aliens. Anybody can lie and sign a piece of paper saying that they were a citizen. But somebody would need to talk to management to clarify that issued. So far I am a very satisfied emploee.
 28th of Jun, 2012 by   dabeav41 +1 Votes
Some people just can't make it at this job, if you are an entitled middle class American, you may not like this job beause it entails work, and they hire you for 12 - 15 dollars an hour and that is what you make, they also re imburse you 50 cents a mile for car. A for NOOOOOOO they do pay $13 for an exterior, but you do not just do one you idiot, you wait until you have 10 or 15 to do then you do them all on the same day, you drive 60 miles while doing it so you make $130 minus $30 for milage and you get a taxable check for $100 and an untaxed expense check for $30, the computer work for 10 exteriors is about and hour and a half and the field work takes about 4 hours. So lets see that is about $17 and hour plus $5 an hour mileage reimbursement, if it takes you longer to do your job your hourly will go down, If you want to make money and don't mind working its a good job, if your idea of a job is sitting in an office checking facebook all day, then job is not for you, you lazy bums
 13th of Jul, 2012 by   Billyjoechuckbob 0 Votes
I've worked for Mueller Services since 2008. I've always found them to be fair and honest. I average @ $600 per week on a 30 hour week. I've had weeks as high as $1000. dabeav41 is correct about saving up surveys in areas to make it pay. If you have trouble managing your time this job is not for you. Sometimes you have to get an extension until you build up cases in an area, but sometimes no cases come in. When that happens my manager has me go to get the lone case done, and ups my pay on that case until it hits $15 per hour. There have been a few times I've been asked to go into another territory to help another field rep with a case load, when that has happened "Cha-Ching" .
 13th of Jul, 2012 by   716WNY14150 0 Votes
I work in the main office building. It's 100% a real company! You just have to be able to learn, it's a pretty easy job! You get paid to train whether you pass or not! Lol too funny you all are!
 17th of Jul, 2012 by   ahughes92 0 Votes
I am thinking about taking a job offer from them. Does anyone know what the average territory size is? I'm worried about this job as I cannot afford to be scammed but I am a hard worker and the job sounds perfect for me as long as it is legitimate. Please give whatever information you have, I would like to learn how this company works.
 25th of Jul, 2012 by   Py racer 0 Votes
I am a Feild rep for Mueller and I am thinking the people with negative commentd are the ones that couldnt hack it, If you are a self starter and are not scared to get out of bed everyday you can make 500 to 600 a week, ya there are expenses but if you are smart you know how to keep those low, I cant see where anyone would call it a scam, , they never asked me for a dime, I started training and got a check auto deposited the next week, , , it is by far the best job I have had in years, make my own hours, make a decent check, no manager breathing down your neck, , ,
 17th of Aug, 2012 by   Corinnelyn 0 Votes
Just submitted all my employment paperwork for feild rep position out here in Suffolk county NY. Just a little nervous after reading some of these post. It seems like a perfect job for me as I can make my own hours. I'm a mom of 4 sons. So the flexibility is HUGE for me. Is the training difficult? Any tips?
 30th of Aug, 2012 by   Nosaj237 0 Votes
I have been a field rep for a year now in Suffolk also, its been great and as stated above you get what you put into it, and yeas it is perfect for making your own schedule, I really love it, sure I wish I was paid more and like anything else sometimes its easy some times its harder, no different then most things in life good luck.
 19th of Sep, 2012 by   CLBDTBKLC 0 Votes
Mueller Services currently has an add on craigs list. Only this time it is listed as insurance NOT inspections.

"""Date: 2012-09-17, 4:08PM EDT
Reply to: see below --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Mueller Services, Inc. has been in the business since 1980. Headquartered outside of Buffalo, NY, we are a nationwide provider of insurance data related services. These services include the collection of both residential and commercial insurance data. Mueller is recognized by the top insurance carriers for providing customers with industry leading quality, customer service, and technology. Various insurance companies hire our services to complete routine underwriting reports for them. This usually occurs when a new policy has been issued or an existing policy is due for renewal. The insurance companies then use the information collected on our reports to better rate and evaluate the property.
We are hiring a Part Time Human Resources Assistant. The responsibility of a HR Assistant is to update employee files and collect any missing documentation.
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
• Transfer files from our internal system to our document storage system.
• Email and call employees to notify them of missing documents.
• Track missing documentation in excel.
• Scan in and upload new employee documents.
We are looking for a candidate who will be self-motivated and detailed oriented to work independently while achieving the objectives of the department with working computer knowledge and professional phone and email skills. Qualified candidates will also have exceptional organizational skills to maintain constant multi-tasking..+++

Only to find this website and comment page. SO, I WENT LOOKING FOR THEM A BIT FURTHER ONLINE...COULD NOT FIND A TRUE.WEBSITE, ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER ETC.(ONLY PAGES WITH NONSENSE) .
Needless to say I am not impressed, and do in fact, believe this company is a scam.
 26th of Sep, 2012 by   MuellerRep 0 Votes
I began working for Mueller Services (a.k.a. Mueller Reports) nearly 3 years ago. This is a legit company. https://www.mueller-inc.com/
Territories for a Field Rep varies on location. If you live in a remote are (Montana for instance), your territory will be much larger and you may see lighter case loads than someone living in Denver - you will find this out in your interview. If you live in a city, you will have a smaller, condensed territory (often 10-20 mi radius) depending upon the # of FR's already established. Depending upon the area, you can see between 20-40 cases a week. Pay is weekly and is based upon how many cases you complete for the week. Mileage is accounted for and not taxed. Your minutes & mileage for the week are calculated to compensate you at your hired hourly rate. If you work efficiently and complete multiple cases during the field day, you will often surpass your hired hourly rate. I don't know about you.. but I have not worked any other job where I can make more than I was hired for. You MUST be computer literate and self sufficient to succeed at this position. In the West, there is field training with a designated Field Rep that will help you learn the trade and give you tips on how to diagram, photograph, and work efficiently in the field. There are travel opportunities that allow a Field Rep to travel throughtout the US to complete cases on week or 2 week long trips with air travel paid for. You have to have the self disipline to work independently and efficiently. Make calls on Mondays and Wednesday and complete field work on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays (depending on your case load). This keeps your weekends free and often only working 5-6 hours during the day. All in all, if you are a good Field Rep you can reap the benefits of getting paid more than you were hired for and taking advantage of travel opportunities. Keeping your error % low will keep your Manager happy.
 1st of Dec, 2012 by   C. Pineiro 0 Votes
The original post and the negetive replies are all a distortion if the truth. I work for Mueller as a field rep. It is a real company with over 1000 reps like me in the US. Training was challenging, but that's because field reps are responsible for submitting accurate reports and not just making french fries until the buzzer goes off. People who don't make it through training apparently get defensive and want to blame the company when they fail. It's not a scam, according to my paychecks. The best part about this company is the lack of subjectivity in how they operate. Your standing as an employee is charted by errors you make. If you fall below a certain level, they offer free additional training to get you back to a productive level. The job is easy for people who can meet deadlines, and you are given a generous amount of time to turn in cases. They pay exactly what you agreed on before you took the job. The people who complain that the mileage reimbursement is too low seem to forget that other jobs don't pay you to drive to work.
 5th of Dec, 2012 by   Mueller Rep 0 Votes
I have worked for Mueller Services for 2 and 1/2 years. I am getting ready to give notice to work for a competitor. Truth about this company...you have little chance of making real money. $6 for occupancy verifications that now require an actual exterior report, but without the diagram. How can you take photos documenting hazards, drive to the location and not lose money?($13 for exterior with diagram and r/c.) But for some clients you must now call a day in advance and document the call. You also have numerous requirements for many, like photo labeling, one far away and one close up of each hazard, electric meter and feed photo, etc. These have been added over the years, yet they still pay me the same fee they did 3 years ago. ( $26 for int/ext diagram and r/c.) Ironically, some homes valued over 500 K fall into this category with extensive photos of nearly every room and complicated diagrams. ( High value $42) but the detail, narrative, and diagram required makes it a losing situation. Commericial pay about the same, but it takes hours to complete the narrative, required photos, diagram, and documentation of all surrounding buildings. If you are in a territory that has a lot of turnover, you can be sent 30 miles to a survey. It just doesn't pay. I loved the job, but cannot afford to do it anymore. Only if you are in an densely populated area, with the majority of your work exterior inspections on smaller, maintained homes, can you do well in this job. Also, Mueller recently added local field manager to better support us reps. Unfortunately shortly thereafter they gave my manager the entire state. Having a local fm with nearly 100 reps makes it no different than if our fm sits in new york. I hope Mueller gets a clue and realizes why they have such turnover. They make a ton per inspection and need to treat their field reps better.
 10th of Dec, 2012 by   Mueller Field Rep 0 Votes
Anyone who can't make money working for Mueller isn't motivated. I've been there for 2 years and will make close to 50, 000 this year. They have a high turnover because people are lazy. Work hard and you make money. And for all the people wh ask why a birtch certificate is needed, it's called an I-9 form and it's required to prove you are a U.S. Citizen. All employers are required to complete this when you are hired.

Lottery Scams