logo

MSS
PO Box 4
Sheridan, Indiana
Phone: none
Have received mailing requesting my & my spouse's info. Pamphlet indicates that IMPORTANT for New Jersey Citizens Benefit Update. states " IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS ENCLOSED" New Supplement Insurance Benefits for New Jersey Citizens, also, Please see that I receive the information on the NEW "state regulated" life insurance program designed for all New Jersey Citizens age 50-85, including the NO-COST Memorial Guide. THEY ASK FOR YOUR NAME, YOUR SPOUSE'S NAME AND PHONE NUMBER, THEY ALREADY HAVE YOUR ADDRESS. THIS "PHISHING SCAM HAS BEEN AROUND FOR AWHILE, THE LAST ONE I RECEIVED WAS FROM WASHINGTON, DC. MY PROBLEM IS THAT SOME ELDERLY PEOPLE MAY MISTAKE THIS FOR AN ACTUAL OFFICIAL "NJ BENEFIT".
Comments United States Health & Life Insurance
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of May, 2013 by   scnks 0 Votes
Received a MSS card here in KS yesterday. It is so obviously a phishing scam. I would love to know how they got my name.
 16th of Jul, 2013 by   davecallahan 0 Votes
MSS is Main Street Power Mail
mail house for insurance agents
not accredited by better business bureau
 26th of Aug, 2013 by   wiilliiam r webster 0 Votes
RECEIVED UNSOLITICTED MAIL FROM MSS PO BOX 4 SHERIDAN, IN 46069
REQUEST FOR INFORMATIOM NAMES AGES PHONE NUMBER MAILING INDICATED I COULD BE MISSING OUT ON ENTITLED MEDICARE BENEFITS

WILLIAM WEBSTER
 30th of Apr, 2014 by   SusanHa 0 Votes
Got a MSS mailing card with a heading ... 2014 BENEFIT INFORMATION FOR MARYLAND CITIZENS ONLY.

It was a green pre-printed card stock w/pre-paid return postage to MSS, , PO Box 4, Sheridan, Indiana 46069.9902. They requested my name, age, phone, spouse's info and my signature.

It said I may qualify for a state-regulated program to pay for my final expenses regardless of my medical condition, even if I've been turned down before. It also states that this benefit can pay for 100% of all funeral expenses up to $35, 000. Then it says that this payment is tax-free for Maryland residents, etc. Report it to the Post Office like I did. It's a scam and the post office can charge them if they have the
letters/cards.
 26th of Jun, 2014 by   Debra Sue Weis 0 Votes
Receiving mail about funeral arrangements, no phone number no way of contacting, they just want me to feel out their paper and purchase funeral insurance. Looked up online and MSS has been reported in many scams. I looked for a number to call to be removed from mailing lists but there is virtually no number or way of getting a hold of these people. Doesn't even tell who they are just the letters MSS and that is it. The address that it goes back to in a postage paid tear off card is in Sheridan Indiana. I live in Texas. This almost looks like a social security type form but in tiny letters at the bottom it says not affiliated with Social Security.

Internet Scams: How to Protect Yourself