logo

PTC/PTR Scam Sites List
Beware!
3. (9 mins ago)
Fallas Parades
Worst place to work for!
4. (17 mins ago)

Posted: 2011-07-27 by    Strone

Watch out for this site

Motobuys.com
motobuys.com
Purchase a scooter on line. Never got the bill of sale or MSO. Keep calling the company and get "we forwarded this to the factory". I called and emailed numerous times, no response. Without this I cannot insure or register this scooter. Watch out for this site.
Comments United States Internet Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Jul, 2011 by   Billy Bozeman +1 Votes
This company is prompt and has provided us with great customer service. Could disagree more with this customer.
 10th of Aug, 2011 by   losmanmdeals 0 Votes
bought 2 scooters from company and both came with fuel pumps backwards and one did not have a head gasket. disputing now because they will not send my helmets that were supposed to come with scooters only reply from gary the owner was i will send you the parts for head gasket
 16th of Aug, 2011 by   Micah B 0 Votes
Bought 2 scooters from this company and they got us our titles and the scooters fast. No problem, great company for us.
 29th of Dec, 2011 by   seanwn69 0 Votes
I purchased what suppose to have been a SSR 70cc Deluxe Dirt Bike - Pit Bike with Upgraded Front & Rear Hydraulic Disc Breaks, Upgraded Rear Swing Arm "Straight" Steel Type, and other Upgrades. I asked this guy was this the picture of the exact bike I was buying, and he said yes, I then called him a second time to be certain about the bike I was buying, and again he said yes. but all I got was just the manual for the bike I was suppose to have gotten and a basic SSR 70cc with drum brakes and Rear Swing Arm: Steel, "A" Type and 3" smaller then the one I ordered. I called him back to tell him that he sent me the wrong bike, and with out pulling any records or invoice sheet, he had the nerve to tell me that it was the bike I ordered and I need to keep that bike because its a good bike. This guy is what you call a real piece of Sh?t, I wont even trust him to return the bike and send me my money back. I read other complaints about people that's still waiting to get their money back from him. watch out for this site Motobuys.com, and they go by ATV-Quads, don't trust them at all
 4th of Jan, 2012 by   Motobuys -1 Votes
Motobuys stands behind our products and we have built a reputation for going "above and beyond" to satisfy our customers. We are BBB rated, Buy Safe Guaranteed, Veri-sign approved and Yahoo Certified.

Customer was offered a full refund but kept the bike. Customer did receive the exact bike he ordered. Any rational person who was unhappy with there purchase would return it, this customer kept it. We have sold over 5000 of these pit bikes in the last 3 years, and this is the only customer that has ever made such a claim. That fact speaks for itself. He also tells lies as facts, no customer of ours is waiting for there money, (false statement). He says we did not pull out any record, again a lie, all our customer records are on the computer system which all sales staff have access to in seconds. We did tell him he could keep the bike he ordered or he could return it for a full refund he he was not happy with it. So whats the point here of this complaint then?
We told customer to simply pack the bike up in the crate and return it for a refund. Customer has chosen by his comments not to do so and instead file this untrue complaint. Customer has not said there is anything wrong with the bike.

At this point, there is nothing more we can do for the customer. We are disappointed that our efforts did not meet his expectations.

Motobuys is confident that our longstanding commitment to satisfy our customers will stand on it's own merits despite the filing of a false complaint like this one.
 16th of Jan, 2013 by   TForeman +1 Votes
I, like the first complaint listed above, have never received my MSO and/or even an invoice for the purchase of my daughter's $1500.00 TrailMaster Youth XRX go cart. For the past (7) weeks, the General Manager, Bill, has been argumentative and told me that the MSO came with the go cart and I must "not be able to find it". After weeks of back and forth, Bill finally said that he would "forward the request for a duplicate MSO to the factory" and it would take up to two weeks. When three weeks passed with no MSO or invoice, they changed the time frame to 2 to 4 weeks. I then turned my complaint over to the BBB to help me get an MSO and/or an invoice. Most importantly, Michael from their "factory" finally called me and said that they received my request the day before and that they would send the original MSO out in that day's mail. The factory also told me that they DO NOT send a MSO with every purchase as Motobuys.com employees had been telling me for weeks!! The factory said that they only send a MSO if the customer calls AFTER the purchase and requests one. I forwarded that disposition from their own factory back to Motobuys.com in an effort to educate them for future customers. Bill is the "General Manager" and does not even know the process on how a customer is to receive a MSO on TrailMaster go carts!! What a joke. It has taken me 12+ emails and at least (4) phone calls to get this far. From the comments listed above, it appears that Motobuys.com (Bill) tries to make excuses and reply to each negative comment. Let me assure you that their excuses are just that, excuses. At the end of the day, I am STILL waiting on the MSO and/or an invoice for a go cart purchase in November, 2012!!! The product and the shipping went fine but if you need customer service AFTER the sale, run from this company! And when you get tired of running, take a breath and run some more. Bill, you really need to find another job because you are substandard on your best day.
 28th of Jan, 2013 by   Ellie Nicole +1 Votes
HORRIBLE customer service. I bought a kids chest protector from them for $180 and found the same exact one for $25 brand new. I was upfront, not asking to match the price, just a store credit for another product and I would pay the 20% restocking fee and shipping costs. The general manager was not willing to accept my return that apparently was a close out item and past their 14 day return policy...I missed the cut off by approximately 14 days. They were not willing to give store credit. I will NEVER buy from them again on the pure fact that they were rude even stating that I was just mad because 'You didn't get your way'. DO NOT SHOP WITH THEM!!!
 28th of Jan, 2013 by   TForeman +1 Votes
Ellie-----The "manager" that you speak of is Bill. Bill would not know customer service if it bit him on his butt. I don't know the qualifications to be "manager" at Motobuys.com but they must be rather low. After my horrible experience above, Bill went on the attack and tried to make me look bad. I would encourage anyone reading my experience above to also look at my ebay score over the past 12 years (travistforeman----ebay name). I have bought/sold 173 times with a 100% score! Not ONE negative score or review. Bill can NOT say the same. That kind of shoots Bill's remarks about me out-of-the-window. Bill just makes excuses for his poor, substandard job performance. Bill lied to me for (7) weeks until his own factory told me that he was not telling the truth! Stay away from Bill and Motobuys.com at all costs!!!
 29th of Jan, 2013 by   TForeman +1 Votes
Ellie----One quick suggestion. File a BBB complaint against them if you feel that you were mistreated, if they used unfair business practices or if they were rude. It was the only way I finally got my receipt and registration for my purchase after 7+ weeks! It also helps protect innocent people from getting treated the same way in the future. Trying to deal with Bill and his lies was like trying to deal with a seven year old. Inmature, name calling, excuse-making liar. Good luck with your complaint.
 20th of Feb, 2013 by   JuneMarie 0 Votes
Ellie-Finding an item cheaper somewhere else AFTER purchasing it from any company is NOT grounds for a refund, or a BBB complaint in my opinion. I, as a consumer, research cost, quality, and customer service reviews before ordering anything online. I have been doing A LOT of research on online 'scooter stores' and have decided that Motobuys is the best site to entrust with MY hard earned money. The ONLY complaints I have been able to find on them are from the SAME few people mentioned in this thread. So far, Motobuys, customer support has answered both of the inquiry emails I have sent WITHIN HOURS OF ME SENDING THEM! I have never had that kind of response time from ANY other company I have purchased online from. I have NO worries about buying from this company, and I am confident that my experiences with this company will continue to be good ones.
 20th of Feb, 2013 by   TForeman +1 Votes
Seems to have missed the point. Motobuys advertises the following on their own website that I copied and pasted directly from their website: "Call us toll free at 877-667-6289 and WE WILL BEAT ANY PRICE!" I guess that means any price besides their own! Additionally, it may have not been their answer itself but how that answer was conveyed. For a company to say that you are just mad because "you did not get your way" is ludicrous. The BBB took their rating down and is investigating the way Motobuys.com is doing business. We will see what they come up with...They were already down to a straight "B", not a A+, A or B+. I see a "C" or "D" in their future. We will see...
 27th of Mar, 2013 by   Honest Brenden +1 Votes
Back in April 2011 I ordered a go kart from Moto Buys. I had to call Bill or Gary at least 6 times over the course of 5 months to determine the status of my order. During this time, the price of the go kart rose approximately $500. When the go kart finally arrived in October, Moto Buys expected promt payment of the higher price. At this point, I just wanted my deposit of $100 returned; however, Moto Buys would only return $75. This company is a joke. I envision a couple of high school drop-outs trying to manage this business. They have no clue what customer service entails, and I would be suprised if they are able to maintain their B rating with the BBB for long. Do not buy anything from them. I wish I had listened to all the negative reviews before I decided to purchase from them. Check out Go Karts USA; they carry similar products, and seem to be a solid comany to do business with.
 1st of Apr, 2013 by   TForeman +1 Votes
My daughter was driving her 3 month old Trail master go cart last Saturday with only (6) hours on it that we bought from Motobuys.com. The entire rear brake caliper came off the go cart!! Thank god I noticed it dragging under the go cart since she did not have any brakes. I guess the Trail master go cart is now going to be a sorry as the "service" I got from Bill and his clan at Motobuys.com. I really don't think the brakes should fall off a $1499.00 go cart!! I will just add it to the list of my sub-standard experiences with Motobuys.com. Lastly, Honest Brenden's review above is interesting. His evaluation of Motobuys.com is right on the money. Run from this company... and when you get tired, take a breath and run some more.
 10th of Apr, 2013 by   wayne Hoffman +1 Votes
I bought a new MC-50TKA reverse wheel trike from MOTOBUYS.com in feb 2013.The bike was shipped promptly but when I opened the box there was no assembly instructions.Contacted MOTOBUYS and was told assembly instructions didn't come with the bike. Still dont know if I assembled it right. then I noticed the manual was for a different bike. Called again and was told they only use one manual for all their 50cc bikes. Wow, what if ford put the same owners manual in all their cars immagine the concinquences. Book doesnt show me where to check brake fkuid levil so I had to contact them again. Have never gotten an answer. I guess that now that they have my money I dont count anymore. One more thing that upsets me is their teck support. They dont even have a toll free number to call. If their explanation is a long one this could run into some pretty large phone bills.I just dont think I should hane to pay to get oinfo. for a bike I purchased from them..IT SUCKS
 22nd of May, 2013 by   Rebel Dan +1 Votes
I filed a complaint with BBB. Motobuys said I only sent one email even though I attached the multiple emails. It is a total lie that I only sent one email. I attached the multiple emails that I sent them earlier during this process. I also called the supposed 24 hour voice mail several times and never received a call back until I stated emailing. Also, I bought it December of 2012 which falls WELL within the 6 months that the warranty should have covered. Motobuys said that I bought it in 2012. They didn't mention that it was the LAST month of 2012 which would make it only a few months ago. Again I did not drive it without oil. Just stating what my mechanic said that it had previously been driven without oil. Go back and look at the beginning of this complaint any you will see that I contacted them by phone and email on several occasions. Again I am not a mechanic, but I do know to put oil in an engine. But apparently, whoever drove this before did not know that. You sent me a USED engine PERIOD and you know it. I have seen other complaints about this company where they have a history of sending out used products. I will defiantly do more research before buying on line again.

I DID NOT DRIVE IT WITHOUT OIL. My mechanic told me that it had been driven without oil previously. I checked it when I got it and it had oil. I checked before it was driven every time, and it had oil. THE MECHANIC SAID THAT IT THIS WAS NOT A BRAND NEW ENGINE AND WHOEVER DROVE IT BEFORE ME DROVE IT WITHOUT OIL. I have read about other complaints about this company selling USED products.

I noticed that someone has wrote about loose parts. There was not ONE bolt that was not loose on mine too.
 17th of Jun, 2013 by   TForeman 0 Votes
FYI:
BBB Accreditation
This business is not BBB accredited.

Businesses are under no obligation to seek BBB accreditation, and some businesses are not accredited because they have not sought BBB accreditation.

To be accredited by BBB, a business must apply for accreditation and BBB must determine that the business meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses must pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.

On June 6, 2013, this company's BBB accreditation was suspended due to failure to maintain at least a B rating at the accrediting BBB and the BBB where it is headquartered, if different.
 4th of Jan, 2014 by   TOPCAT117 0 Votes
Folks as an X Navy seal war vet I solemnly swear that every word is true so help me GOD and country ! DO NOT BUY anything from Motobuys in Arizona because they are all liras and cheats ! I got burned there badly and have not been able to use my new scooter for months now because of faulty parts. They tell you that they are sending out parts that are under warranty and they don't send them. These folks are compulsive liars and very convincing as well. There are hundreds of bad reviews about them and the good reviews were placed by them and friends to try and save company face. I have reported them to the BBB and trying to get some of my money back in hops it teaches them a lesson. They should be thankful for the law because if the law didn't exist I would be paying them a visit that they would remember for the rest of there life's. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM !!! thanks for reading...
 7th of Jan, 2014 by   caring mom of two 0 Votes
bought a trailmaster 150 for xmas. it arrived with many issues. looked as if it was dropped many times and had things dropped on it as well. after MANY calls and voicemails (that are never returned) we got no where and wanted to return it due to safety concerns. it had problems with the steering and the bolt for the brake was broken and had to be replaced. two very important things I would say. They told us over the phone to crate it up and that they would take care of setting up return shipping. They did this and refunded our money all but the cost of shipping. we should not have to pay for shipping of a item that was less than new. it was for xmas and I was not going to give it to our kids in that manner. I am also contacting the BBB and attnorney generals office to file a complaint. Social media can make or break a company and I plan on breaking this one. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! Trail master is a good product just get it elsewhere.
 29th of Jan, 2014 by   Donald Nielsen 0 Votes
Sorry excuse for a company, ordered a 50cc dirt bike for my grandson. Received the bike but the back wheel was broken, the plastics were damaged, the front brake caliper was casted wrong so the alignment on the front brake disk was wrong (had to shim with washers). The company sent new plastics, no comment from them on the brake caliper, and they sent me a used front wheel instead of e rear one. Will not work due to the wrong taps for the rear brake disk and sprocket. Company will not respond to emails or phone messages. POS customer service!!!

Phishers Target KU