logo

Rooms Furniture & Accessories
Rooms Furniture & Accessories
3. (8 mins ago)
EZ Body Slimmer
Need to bring back the original ingredients!!!!
4. (13 mins ago)

Morrissey Dolls
PO Box 270333
Hartford, Wisconsin
www.morrisseydolls.com
Spanning over the course of months, I tried to order patterns from this company on three different occasions.

Each time, after waiting a period of two weeks for the pattern arrival via USPS mail, without the order forthcoming, I had to do a follow-up contact with the company to inquire about my order(s).

Each time the company responded as if the order must have gotten lost and that they would be happy to send out a 'replacement order'. Twice I paid via Paypal, the other was with a credit card. The charge showed up on my card at the time of order, but was never shipped and I had to contact them to get a refund after opting out on their 'replacement order'.
If this had been a one-time only experience with this company, I could understand. However, I made three attempts (over months) to place and receive an order, all at which they failed to deliver.

While I can't vouch for their patterns, I can warn consumers that their service is less than favourable!
Comments United States E-Shopping
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Apr, 2008 by   Nancy 0 Votes
Isn't it incredible that this company has time to charge your credit card, but cannot send out your order. I am still waiting for a pattern that I ordered on March 30 which was charged to my credit card on April 4. I contacted them via email yesterday, but have not received a reply yet. After reading the other comments, I realize I probably won't get a reply. I guess I will contact my credit card about this problem and have them credit my account.
 3rd of Jun, 2008 by   Karen 0 Votes
I've also ordered from Morrissey's, probably 4 times over the last year. I've run into the same problems with them over and over again. I either don't receive a reply to my email's asking about my order or I received many, many excuses.. I always did finally receive my patterns, usually in 3-4 weeks (some longer), and the patterns are very cute, although, I've found I need to make adjustments to most of them in order for them to fit properly. But as I said, they are cute and are very easy to use once you get the correct adjustment's done.

It's really too bad.. I'm not quite sure why it takes so long to package up patterns that appear to just be copies packaged in plastic bags, which I assume they have on hand. I wouldn't think they are making copies each time they receive an order!!! What is so difficult about grabbing each pattern, sticking it in an envelope and sticking the label on it?

I just received an email from them saying they are extending their most recent sale.. The letter states there was a death in the family and they got way behind in orders but are getting everything caught up this week and have extended their sale as a way to say thank you.. If there was truly a death in their family, my sympathy's.. But after so many remarkably questionable excuses I've gotten over the last year, I have to wonder if this is yet another excuse.. but you know what? That's what happens when you give excuses to customers instead of just getting those orders out.. You eventually loose that customers faith in you!
 2nd of Jul, 2008 by   Beth Salwaechter 0 Votes
I too have now gone through this. I was so excited to find patterns for a 16" doll. I ordered quite a few patterns on June 9th. They withdrew the funds on June 15th, well it is now July 2, 6 hours away from being July 3rd and no patterns. I have emailed them 4 times and have not received a reply. I have now actually gone and emailed the webmaster of 13 sites for any kind of help because I am not getting any response. Let's just say I am more than deflated by their service (to paying customers). Since I have ordered I have actually received mail from Australia for items I purchased AFTER June 15th by another company.

I do not get it. If you cannot run your company, maybe you should not have one.
 31st of Aug, 2008 by   Judy 0 Votes
It was with fear and trepidation after reading so many complaints about Morrissey that I ordered a couple of patterns. As with others of you, my credit card was promptly charged. That has been over two weeks ago and no patterns yet. I live in IL not too far from Hartford, WI so it should only take 2-3 days for shipping. I am so hoping that I don't have to go through what you all have had to experience in order to buy two lousy patterns!a2408
 10th of Sep, 2008 by   Dana 0 Votes
I have a similar bad experience with Morrissey Dolls, unfortunately. Very unprofessional. I wish I'd seen this complaints board before placing my order with them. Be warned!

On or a few days before July 30, 2008, I placed an order for doll clothes patterns from the Morrissey Dolls web site, and my credit card was promptly charged for the order. However, no confirmation, no shipping notification, no merchandise received. After waiting 7 weeks, I contacted the merchant by e-mail telling them I had not received my order. Gave them 7 days to contact me or I would have to consider the order canceled and dispute the charge with my credit card. Still nothing. I have asked my credit card to dispute the charge. The case is still pending. I'll post results when it is resolved.
 2nd of Oct, 2008 by   Louise 0 Votes
I too wish I had seen this board before I ordered. Amt. was charged promptly upon placement. I was counting on the "72 hour shipment", but could have waited a little longer. I dress dolls for Salvation Army for Christmas and have a deadline to meet which gives me a limited time to produce outfits. New dolls this year and I too was thrilled to find such cute patterns for 16" dolls.
patterns will be useless after this week so have canceled my charge payment. It is most disappointing, especially after sending two e-mails with no response.
There is also a seal on the site for some net watchdog group which I tried unsuccessfully to contact.
I did order some outfits from a a link on the site (Fairylandland) and received excellent service and assistance.
 17th of Oct, 2008 by   Debbie Anno 0 Votes
I too wish I would have read this board before I ordered. I am filing a complaint with the BBB. It's been over four weeks. I have emailed them. They said they would check on my order the next day. Never heard anything back.
 18th of Oct, 2008 by   Debbie Anno 0 Votes
She emailed me back and this is what she said. Why didn't she give me a tracking number is beyond me. And no, she never sent me an email about my replacement. Beware! It's too bad. Maybe I should go into business selling these patterns. I would be a lot better about sending the patterns right away. What nerve Morrissey Dolls has to charge you right away but doesn't send the patterns right away!

Hi Debbie,

Sorry we didn't get this message until after our mail had left for the day. We already sent you a replacement set of patterns, to replace your missing order. If you refuse them when they arrive, we can credit your account when the patterns come back here. There is no signature required, but there is a tracking number on the package. If you leave the package unopened, you can mark it 'return to sender' and put it back in the mailbox which will send the package back here. Sorry for the re-ship, you must not have received our email about sending a replacement, so we assumed you wanted one when we didn't hear back. As soon as this order comes back, we can refund your account.

Thanks,
Loretta
www.morrisseydolls.com
 14th of Nov, 2008 by   zaida lucio 0 Votes
Iam very displease with this company. They credit my card for $192.15 and I never got my patterrns for mytwinn dolls. I'm from N.Y. and I will be taking action on this scam.
 20th of Nov, 2008 by   Jeanne Mayes 0 Votes
I just sent my order in for the second time. Then I saw the link to the complaints. My first order never came and I emailed and got a email back saying they would check. Nothing. Emailed again and received no reply. I checked my account and it appears they have not charged me, so I thought I would try to reorder. Hope this goes thru as it was to be a present for Christmas.
 27th of Nov, 2008 by   katie 0 Votes
I ordered patterns on 11-02 and yet to receive any patterns or replies to my e-mails. I finally wrote an e-mail that they will respond by Monday or I will contact my credit card company. They are quite an exception in the world of online businesses--I have ususally had nothing but great response and quick shipping. I wish I had read this and the other boards with negative comments and saved myself the trouble of ordering from Morrisey.
 16th of Aug, 2009 by   lemon88 0 Votes
I live in United Kingdom, and have had the same problems with this "company" . No replies to many emails until I got very annoyed and received a reply striaght away! Apparantley the patterns had been shipped and they could take up to 4 weeks to reach UK ! What a lie ! Have now been waiting approx 8 weeks and have requested refund to my credit card, but am still waiting for a reply to my request ! What a waist of what could be a fantastic business, I will never be tempted to order from this deceitful person again. BEWARE BEFORE YOU HAND OVER YOUR CARD DETAILS !
 19th of Jun, 2010 by   BRENDA A 0 Votes
I TOO HAD THE SAME THING HAPPEN. THEY SAID THERE WAS A DEATH IN THE FAMILY IN 2008 AND THAT THEY SHIPPED MY PATTERNS. I TRY TO CONTACT THEM A NUMBER OF TIMES AND GOT NO REPLY FROM THEM. I COPIES ALL OF THE E-MAILS AND SENT THEM TO THEM. I NEVER HEARD ANOTHER WORD FROM THEM. I DID TRY TO ORDER ANOTHER PATTERN LATER ON AND THEY NEVER EXCEPTED THE ORDER.
 1st of Dec, 2010 by   partin 0 Votes
Pay for your patterns through Pay Pal I to have been waiting for weeks and called them on the phone and have sent numerous emails with no reply. I went to the resolution center in pay pal and filed a compalint within minutes i had a reply from them stating they were waiting on me to choose the free patterns I had qualified for. Well email mne don't wait weeks and do not answer my communications. I wish I had have read this board before I went through this hassle..This company is not good to deal with VERY UNPROFESSIONAL..
 19th of Apr, 2011 by   Carol Z 0 Votes
I am having the same problem and just wrote a complaint about this company to the BBB of Wiscosin. I strongly feel that anyone with a problem should consider doing the same.
 22nd of Feb, 2013 by   Purplequilt 0 Votes
I also ordered a pattern paid with PayPal. I never received the pattern and e mailed them several times with no response . Will never order there again or recommend them
 22nd of Apr, 2013 by   allmyfriendsaredolls 0 Votes
I have had the same problem with them. Over the past couple of years I have tried to order from them, with no receipt of patterns and no answers to emails. This was my third and final time trying to get the jeans pattern. After about a month I filed a Paypal claim. They never responded to me but quickly refunded my payment this time. They had already stolen over 40.00 from me 2 years ago. This time I got my 6.25 back right away. They were reputable about 8 years ago, but no more. Stay away from them.
 3rd of May, 2013 by   tickedoffbuyer 0 Votes
BUYER BEWARE!!! I never received my order and they would not respond to me after 5 emails, that was including 2 emails filed in a paypal complaint. I emailed them about 5 minutes ago and said how disappointed I was in how there company was now. AND unfortunately I was going to file a claim with paypal they instantly refunded my money. Couldn't communicate, but could refund money that quickly...amazing!! Sad..they used to be a good company to buy from a few years ago...don't know what happened!! I placed my order on April 15, 2013. I will NEVER be ordering from them again, but at least I did get refunded!!
 3rd of May, 2013 by   Susan Gore 0 Votes
My daughter ordered a pattern with no problem at all. I ordered one on April 15th and am still waiting for it. Have written 3 emails with no response. My credit card has been charged. NEVER AGAIN!!
 14th of Jun, 2013 by   Charie Wilson 0 Votes
I ordered 7 patterns from them and paid by pay pal. Its bin over 2 1/2 months and I have not recieved my patterns and they do not respond to emails. I tried calling the phone number i found for them 1-262-670-8652 and it says the number is no longer in service. I reported this to paypal but have not herd back from them other than to continue to try and contact the seller. if anyone has a phone number for them could you email me at tdarenfest@hotmail.com or cygdoll@aol.com any help would be apreciated.
Charie

Pictures Are Also Used For Romance Scam!

Latest Groups