logo

cargo undelivered

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

morgan,phelps,& stern payment pending division, Commack, New York Complaints & Reviews - 2,997,500.00 check

morgan,phelps,& stern payment pending division Contacts & Informations

morgan,phelps,& stern payment pending division

Posted: 2012-12-11 by    ethanb

2,997,500.00 check

morgan,phelps,& stren payments pending division
pmb 337,169 commack road,ste.h,
Commack, New York
Phone: n/a
nature of document:ethan, you have been Confirmed as the Winner of a Cash Award by M.P.S. this is not an error.your cash award has been registered in our payments office and you are futhercertified for procurement of advisory folio to access the amount so entered below left.2, 997, 500.00...confirm your identity as the rightful claimant by affixing yoursignature on the folio release document.complete the requested information and place document andfolio.affix postage &mail before deadline...
PROCESSING DEPT.PMB 108, 1HEWITT SQUARE, EAST NORTHPORT, NY 11731-2519
Comments United States Scam & Fake Checks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of Jan, 2013 by   MRS MILLER 0 Votes
I receive a mail saying i won a check just like the letter mentioned above is this a scam or joke with this company i want to find out the right answer please
 29th of Jan, 2013 by   SARA EDWARDS 0 Votes
I receive a letter a letter saying i won $2, 997, 500.00 on December 31 from Grant Ashbury refERENCE # 20099057829 ISSUE # 003-819122 AND ASKED ME TO SEND 20.00 and I did now I have another asking me to do the same but this time it's 3, 175, 536.00 security code 20128258605signed Richard P. in the Fulfillment compliance dept this is coming from Undisbursed payment Bureau Morgan, Phelps, @Stern PMB 337, 169 COMMACK RD, STE H COMMACK, NY11725 SO BEFORE I SEND ANYTHING I WOULD LIKE TOO KNOW IF THIS IS SCAM CAUSE THE CASH, AGENT HAS CHANGED AND WANTING ANOTHER 20.00
 30th of Jan, 2013 by   ThatsNotNice 0 Votes
I'm in the same boat as SARA EDWARDS and having got this second letter it seemed to be suspicious. I read the terms and conditions (posted below) in the back of the letter and they seem to be a THIRD PARTY AFFILIATION sending these letters out and collecting $20 they personally have nothing to do with the "check" itself. Here are the T&C printed on the back of the letter:
MPS IS A PUBLISHING AND ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY. OUR PUBLICATIONS GIVE INFORMATION ON CASH AND PRIZE SWEEPSTAKES IN THE U.S. THAT ARE CURRENTLY OPEN FOR ENTRY, ALONG WITH FUN AND INTERESTING ENTERTAINMENT, VALUABLE SAVINGS AND MERCHANDISE OFFERS, AND OTHER PRIZE AND SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES. OUR PUBLICATIONS ARE UPDATED AND CHANGED ON A REGULAR BASIS. THE SWEEPSTAKES WE LIST ARE FREE TO ENTER, AND ARE ALL SPONSORED AND ADMINISTERED BY INDEPENDENT, THIRD PARTY COMPANIES. MPS DOES NOT SPONSOR ANY SWEEPSTAKES OR PAY ANY PRIZES, CASH OR OTHERWISE. WE ARE A SERVICE-ONLY COMPANY WITH A FEE-BASED ($20) REQUIREMENT FOR OUR RESEARCH SERVICE AND PUBLICATIONS. THE SPONSORS OF THE SWEEPSTAKES LISTED IN OUR PUBLICATIONS ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR MEETING ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL REGULATIONS. THE PROMOTIONAL MAILERS SENT BY MPS TO SELL OUR PUBLICATIONS MAY BE PRESENTED UNDER DIFFERENT CREATIVE PRESENTATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. WE GUARANTEE SATISFACTIONS BY HONORING REFUND REQUESTS WITHIN 45 DAYS OF PURCHASE. REFUND REQUESTS MUST BE SENT IN WRITING TO PMB 337, 169 COMMACK RD, STE H, COMMACK, NY, 11725 TO PREVENT RECEIVING FUTURE MAILINGS FROM OUR COMPANY, SIMPLY RETURN THE MOST RECENT PIECE RECEIVED IN A PLAIN WHITE ENVELOPE TO THE ABOVE ADDRESS WITH THE LETTERS "DNM" (DO NOT MAIL) WRITTEN NEXT TO YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS. MPS IS NOT A SWEEPSTAKES OR LOTTERY COMPANY. WE DO NOT ACCEPT CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS OR OFFER ANY CREDIT TERMS FOR OUR PUBLICATIONS. PURCHASES MADE BY CHECK ARE SUBJECT TO THE CHECK ACCEPTANCE AND ELECTRONIC CHECK PROCESSING POLICIES OF MPS. WHEN YOU PROVIDE A CHECK AS PAYMENT, YOU AUTHORIZE US EITHER TO USE INFORMATION FROM YOUR CHECK TO MAKE A ONE-TIME ELECTRONIC FUND TRANSFER FROM YOUR ACCOUNT, OR TO PROCESS THE PAYMENT AS A CHECK TRANSACTION. WHEN WE USE INFORMATION FROM YOU CHECK TO MAKE AN ELECTRONIC FUND TRANSFER FROM YOUR ACCOUNT, FUNDS MAY BE WITHDRAWN FROM YOUR ACCOUNT THE SAME DAY WE RECEIVE YOUR PAYMENT; YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE YOUR CHECK BACK FROM YOUR FINANCIAL INSTITUTION. IN THE UNLIKELY EVENT THAT YOUR CHECK IS RETURNED UNPAID, A STATE-ALLOWABLE HANDLING FEE MAY BE ELECTRONICALLY DEBITED FROM YOUR ACCOUNT. ALL SWEEPSTAKES LISTED MAY BE ENTERED DIRECTLY THROUGH THEIR COMPANY SPONSORS AND DO NOT REQUIRE THE PUBLICATIONS OF MPS. MPS DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE ELIGIBILITY FOR, OR WINNING OF, ANY SWEEPSTAKES. ODDS OF WINNING, ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY REQUIREMENTS, DEADLINE DATES, PRIZE AWARD DATES, AND ALL OTHER SPECIFIC TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EACH SWEEPSTAKES MUST BE OBTAINED FROM THEIR COMPANY SPONSORS.
 30th of Jan, 2013 by   Reply Team 0 Votes
Hello

Send your Full Name, Address, Telephone Number and Winning Message you recieved to the surveillance unit on:

surveillance.teamunit@gmail.com

so as to enable them ascertain if you really won the Lottery and give you true information
on how your winnings can be Collected.
You Will also be Informed if the Winning Message you Recieved is a Fraud Notification

Congratulations
Reply Team
 26th of Feb, 2013 by   helpless@5631 0 Votes
I have sent several processing fees in towards letters stating I've won some money millions and thousands to date 2/26/13... As of yet I have received no funds available to me. The worst part is I sent one pmt off by check now I am concerned about them using my cking info for other fraudulent transactions... So sad but when your down you are vulnerable to people scamming others to make a living. This is what our society has come to. It has been happening for years the internet just makes scammers chance xtra valid... smh
 14th of Mar, 2013 by   WBHJR 0 Votes
On 3/14/2013, I received the same Letter claiming that I had won $2, 297, 000 and requesting a Processing Fee of $20.00. Of course I knew this was "scam", because no one would have to pay for their winnings if they actually won this sum of money
 6th of Apr, 2013 by   DTK5277 0 Votes
HI, FROM danielt.kennedy5777720@yahoo.com I ALSO GOT A LETTER FROM THE SAME PEOPLE SAYINGING I WON SUME OF $3, 054, 263.00, AND I RECEIVED A LETTER ABOUT 2 WEEKS BEFORE, AND I SENT THEM 20.00 . MY CLAIMANT CONFIRMATION CODE 20212929879. I THINKS VERY DISHONEST, TOO DO THAT TOO DECENT PEOPLE, THAT COULD REALLY USED THAT MONEY, CONSIDERING I'M ABOUT TO LOOSE MY VA PENSION, BECAUSED I FELL IN LOVE, AND THE VA COUNTS MY WIFES INCOME.
 9th of Apr, 2013 by   Maribel Fuentes 0 Votes
Mrs. Fuentes:
I had received the same letter...I haven't sent any fee of $20.. I believe this is a scam...This letter looks like if someone just type the information because the ink of the typewriter is fading away. I believe this is a scam.. Please be careful and don't give your identity information to no one. If they say you are a winner then why can they send you a check without sending you so much paper crap.
 9th of Oct, 2014 by   S.S.Diaz +1 Votes
Re: Morgan, Phelps, Stern

I think they need to be held accountable for their actions, "PUT UP or SHUT up! ", They should not be allowed to use the U.S.P.S. to deliver their fraudulent mail. They should have their metered mail account terminated . They do not put dates on their correspondence postmarks, I thought this was mandatory. This cannot go on...Deputy District Attorney must make them pay damages and or refunds to any and all people who took the sucker lick, I, myself and how stupid I feel. $Forty Dollars worth. I know the USPS is also suffering from losses due to automation, computerized programs, many jobs have been terminated, but crooks are crooks and it is about time our govt. watches out for the most vulnerable, honest citizens of this country. Yes I do have photos, I scanned. If interested.

More High School Students Get Diplomas