logo

MORGAN AND MORGAN
20 NORTH ORANGE AVE
Orlando, Florida
Phone: 407-420-1414
TO ANYONE WHO IS CONSIDERING USING MORGAN AND MORGAN FOR A LAWSUIT INVOLVING AND ACCIDENT I WARN YOU TO BE CAREFUL FOR THEY SAY IN THIER CONTRACT THEY WILL TAKE 40 PERCENT OF THE WINNINGS OF THE LAWSUIT WHEN IN REALITY THEY WILL END UP WITH ABOUT 90 PERCENT OF YOUR WINNINGS FOR THEY ADD ON ALL KINDS OF FEES AND OTHER CHARGES THEY DON'T TELL YOU ABOUT IN THE BEGINNING, IF YOU NEED A LAWYER FOR A LAWSUIT FIND ONE THAT WILL FIGHT FOR WHAT IS YOURS AND YOU GET 100 PERCENT OF THE WINNINGS AND IF THE LAWYER IS GOOD AND ETHICAL HE WILL GET PAID HIS FEE'S ON TOP OF THAT AND NOT OUT OF THE MONEY YOU HAVE WON IN THE LAWSUIT, CHECK AROUND THER ARE MANY LAWYERS WHO WORK THIS WAY NOT LIKE THE CROOKS LIKE MORGAN AND MORGAN WHO ARE ONLY OUT TO LINE THIER POCKETS AND TAKE WHAT IS RIGHTFULLY YOURS WHEN YOU ARE THE ONE WHO SUFFERED AND THE MONEY BELONGS TO YOU NOT WHATEVER TRUMP CHARGES MORGAN AND MORGAN USE TO TAKE YOUR MONEY TRUST ME FOR I KNOW FROM EXPERIANCE WHERE THEY WON THE LAWSUIT FOR ME AND ENDED UP WITH 90 PERCENT OF THE FUNDS THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN MINE REMEMBER ANY GOOD LAWYER OR LAWFIRM WHO BELIEVES IN THEMSELVES WILL NOT TAKE THIER FEE'S OUT OF YOUR EARNINGS SO DO YOUR HOMEWORK AND DON'T HIRE CROOKS LIKE MORGAN AND MORGAN!!!

Comments United States Lawyers and Attorneys
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

10th of Apr, 2010 by   Kathy47 +2 Votes
It is true, Morgan & Morgan does not tell you about all the additional fees on top of their 30-40%. I filed a claim against an insurance company and they pocketed more than 50% of what I received. Morgan & Morgan is NOT for the people but for their pockets!
 5th of May, 2010 by   BrianW2010 +2 Votes
Do not sign a contract with an Investigator! They send you an investigator and they tell you, you have a good case. 2 weeks go by and you receive a letter stating they are not interested in your case. They are crooks and definitely not for the people, but for the money. Never sign a contract unless you physically speak to an attorney.
 11th of Sep, 2010 by   Ed Roslonowski +1 Votes
morgan and morgan are very disrespectfull, had fix a flat can explode in my eyes and they gave me hard time see article on my face book Ed Roslonowski, morgan and morgan and his son sucks, unless a house fell on ya dont bother calling these jerks
 2nd of Nov, 2010 by   Dogdayafternoon 0 Votes
Your anger is misplaced and your as dead wrong as you can be about the central theme of your rant, which is that there are alot of lawyers that give 100% of the winnings to their client and take their fees in addition to that money out of the other side's pocket. There arent any lawyers in america that operate that way because american law doesnt allow YOUR lawyer, when he wins FOR YOU, to get a penny in additional money for his legal fees from the losing side except in very rare circumstances such as when the suit is between businesses that had a contract that said that if a dispute arose, the loser had to pay the other side's legal fees. That is known as the "American rule" believe it or not...the rule of law that your lawyer has to operate under thay says that Each party bears the burden of paying their own lawyer in the absence of a contractual agreement to the contrary. That means if a poor single mom gets run over by an 18-wheeler who simply ran a red light and crushed and killed her... Her estate has two ways to pay legal fees ... Hire a by-the-hour lawyer and pay him or her $250+ per hour and pay them
Monthly about ten thousand until the case settles or goes to trial (hope the deceased had a trust fund or that aint happening) or the estate can hire a lawyer who will agree to push the case with zero down and NO money until he WINS for the injured party by settling or winning at trial a year or years later, and who because of the "American rule" can only recover attorney fees from a percentage of the ultimate settlement or court judgment, and is not allowed by law to get a penny in fees from the truck driver's company, and can only be paid if and when he WINSnand has to take part of those winnings on the back end of the case out of what he won for his client. But, after working on the case with zero money until the case was won, i guess you would call him a crook for taking a part of the ultimate proceeds. Maybe he should work for free. Why dont you work for free, taking no money from your own clients or customers, and live off of what you can seize from your competitors instead of taking a penny from your own customers or clients ever again. Wouldnt work would it? Wouldnt we all love to be able to work pro bono (for free; w no gratuity). Please don't indict your lawyer with the ridiculous notion that there are alot of lawyers that give 100 percent of each and every case's proceeds to their client. Not only are there not "alot" that do that, there aren't any that are any. All lawyers try to do that on a handful of cases a year, but couldnt feed their kids if they did it consistently, or couldnt have the money to fund paying for the expert witnesses it takes to win your case because most clients understandably cant front Twenty thou for experts. If you understand this and still disagree that your own lawyer ought to get paid after he got nothing up front fron you to take over your fight, then move back to jolly old england where the law does not adhere to the "American rule."
 29th of Dec, 2010 by   Pissed off at Morgan and Morgan +1 Votes
They suck, Laurie Morgan will promise you the world., and then take weeks to return phone calls. Don't respond to emails it's been over a year and she has check in hand, by they way is about 1/3 of total winnings. And yes they keep the rest. You see them on tv saying they will come to your home or hospital. Well be prepared to pay for that too! Plus a lot of bullshit fees they make up! Would not recommend and will NEVER USE AGAIN, guess it takes two times to learn.. They recommend a doctor to go see, well they should do a little research first, sent me to dr that is a fraud and has lost cases against insurance company of person who ran into me and totaled my car! They are for themselves not the people. CROOKS BUT ARENT THEY ALL!
 28th of Jan, 2011 by   Dan Bennett +1 Votes
free2loaf,
I agree with everyone. I had a case against the va for delay in diagnosing my breast cancer. they said it would take them 3 months to get back to me. About 3 weeks later they sent me a letter that they were suing them for 15 million. So I waited another 4 months then they sent me another letter stating that they weren't taking the case, but to get a second opinion. Who got paid off?
First of all they send an investigator who will tell you anything. Mine also asked me if I was gay, what alot of nerve.
Second, you never get to talk to a lawyer, I think that's shady.
Third, they act like they're taking the case, when they know they're not.
Unless your dead or you can try the case yourself, find another lawyer.
 2nd of Feb, 2011 by   RIGHTSDEFENDER +1 Votes
LIKE I SAID, NEVER SIGN A CONTRACT UNLESS YOU SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY FIRST! THEY WILL TELL YOU ANYTHING TO GET YOU TO SIGN! THEY SIGN EVERYONE UP JUST SO THEY CAN REJECT THE LOUSY CASES LATER! IF YOU CALL THIS LAW FIRM, YOU WILL HAVE TO SIGN A CONTRACT AT THE MEETING WITH AN INVESTIGATOR!!!
 3rd of Feb, 2011 by   upset grandma in florida +2 Votes
Everyone is correct. I had a case with them and I never got to speak to the attorney as the so called investigator told me. They had me speaking with a paralegal most of the time and she never could give me a straight answer and it always took a long time to get a call back. I was also sent to a chiropractor that practically robbed me blind. They dont explain to you that the doctor will charge you more than ten thousand dollars of your no fault benefits in less than a month and they arent even doctors. Its a scam all the way around. I thought the legal fees especially the out of pocket expenses are highway robbery, copies will cost you a fortune. After everything I was left with almost nothing. They got a lot more than the 33% or 40% stated in the contract and the doctor got even more. I definitely suggest that you ask a lot of questions before signing that contract. Better yet, go with a law firm that you can speak to an attorney first like the person above suggests. Be clear with the doctor if you get sent to a chiropractor. Ask what they will charge per visit. I feel 10, 000 should last more than a month especially if all you are getting is a cheap massage or some waste of time adjustment. Good Luck everyone!
 27th of Apr, 2011 by   Woodall +1 Votes
Morgan and Morgan is an example of what is wrong with our legal system today. The morgans have never met a person with a claim that they didn't like: "Your employer fired you because you called in sick every other day? They can't do that!, You slipped on a banana peel on private property? Let's sue the property owners and the bannana company as well! Most of (not all) the people who posted on this board were just angry because they saw the commercial while sitting at home instead of doing something productive with thier lives and were looking for a big payday for nothing. Hopefully one day this country will adopt a "loser pays" law requiring the losing party to pay all of the legal fees for the case. This will cease the "quick pay" lawsuites and put these ambulance chasing firms out of business.
And remember: Morgan and Morgan... For the scumbags!
 16th of May, 2011 by   Underdog.com +3 Votes
OMG!!! I wished that I had seen/read these reviews prior to signing a contract with these crooks! Now I have lost my car, job and house! And to top it all off they walked off with majority of the settlement! After reviewing the closing statement I found several finacial discrepancies and the killer is that the settlement paperwork stated they recieved a check for more than $19K over the course of my case which was approx. 4 mths! Bullcrap fee for "Record Retention" Huh! WTF! Then they want to hold additional monies for 90 days to trump up some other bullcrap fees! As a once hardworking public servant whom sustained an on-the-job injury, this company was not for me as their commercial claimed! I was reportedly told that settling and moving on with my life was the best thing for me, but actually it was better for them! I agree that their are a lot of litigious people out their, all I asked for was to keep my job! Apparently the company wasn't as loyal to me as I had been to them. Good luck to all.
 17th of May, 2011 by   Elote +1 Votes
Just today I signed a contract with the investigator, and all the fees mentioned above are true I'm kind of freaking out now, you think I can just tell them I don't want their service anymore?? Or are they gonna charge me some kind of fee for canceling my claim?? Please guide me because I dont want to make a huge mistake, thank you so much
 18th of May, 2011 by   Truthinprint 0 Votes
@elote
every contract should have a 3 day (72 hours) cancellation window. you should have no problem canceling this agreement.
 18th of May, 2011 by   Truthinprint 0 Votes
it is called a three-day right of rescission law. It is referred to as the cooling off period. From the sounds of it, these investigators (Who are not attorneys) come to your place of residence. Don't let them try and fool you that since this is a transaction with an attorney you have forfeited your right, because you did not discuss this contract with an attorney and you signed in your home or at a location other than the sellers office (convention centers, hotel rooms, hospitals etc... the idea is a place where emotional buying decisions are elicited). They may try and say you have forfeited your right of rescission because of the attorney clause but this clause pertains to purchases where an Attorney represented you as the purchaser. If they did not provide you notice of cancellation or a cancellation form THEY have violated the law...

I hope this helps
 21st of May, 2011 by   warren pick +1 Votes
How can you say Morgan and Morgan for the people .The truth is Morgan and Morgan screw the people.How can you say its a law firm .They dont have anybody that knows the law .They are bad I would never reccomend them too anybody .They are rip offs and liars trust me I found out the hard way
 21st of May, 2011 by   warren pick +1 Votes
Morgan and Morgan will say anything you want too hear about your case .They are liars .You will never talk too your lawyer there .and you will never get a straight answer.You ask morgan and morgan lawyer and they will answer you.in a week later you ask them the same question and you will get a totally different answer. Trust me dont use Morgan And Morgan they are NOT for the people.
 24th of May, 2011 by   InformedDecision2011 0 Votes
They tried to bully me into signing that ridiculous contract and I said NO WAY! This is a warning to anyone considering Morgan & Morgan, the so called For The People Attorneys.
Here is the breakdown for all of you considering hiring these clowns. They will take 33% up to 40% off the top in most cases. Then the out of pocket expenses with an 18% markup on those expenses if your case takes at least a year. If you read carefully, they are charging you 1.5 % PER MONTH on all expenses. To break it down for you, that's 18% a year just on the expenses, because they WILL drag it out at least a year regardless of how small your case is. They dont tell you what they are charging for those expenses, so if you sign you're agreeing to whatever price they put on those costs. For all you know one copy may cost you 10 dollars. If you are involved in an automobile accident case, then the doctor will take a 20% or about $2, 000 or more out of your settlement for the PIP. The chiropractors are another part of the scam you have to watch out for. Are you doing the math yet? You end up getting less than 25% of YOUR MONEY, IF you are lucky. All of this for lousy service. Look around this board and the internet and you will find tons of complaints. They do not call people back and you will be treated like a number and will end up with almost nothing for the pain and suffering you have experienced. Anyone can look honest and give powerful statements in front of a camera, look at Hollywood.
Good luck and just remember, you can get your own settlement if you give the insurance company a chance. As long as you prove to them that you are truly injured, you can get them to make a decent offer. You must have patience as with anything in life. Why go through the headache of hiring an attorney that will get all of your money anyway? If you choose not to take this advice, unfortunately you will find out for yourself that For The People is really not for you! Make an informed decision and spread the word.
 24th of May, 2011 by   warren pick +1 Votes
John Morgan is on facebook lets all go on his page and tell him what we all think Morgan and Morgan is not who they say they are .They are not for the people just for themselves
 24th of May, 2011 by   warren pick +1 Votes
They told me lies about another law firm because they didnt want me to use anybody else They are liars and bullies .
 8th of Jun, 2011 by   warren pick +1 Votes
Everybody that has a complate about morgan and morgan should call channel 13 in florida I did Lets all call them about Morgan And Morgan Lets all get together on this
 16th of Jun, 2011 by   Pennylane22 0 Votes
I really need someone to refer me to a lawyer who is fair and one will work hard for me.
I owe thousands of dollars to hospitals, helicoptor services, doctors. etc. I am paying small monthly payments and I don't know if I can ever pay them off. I am so glad I found your comments about Morgan and Morgan. because they were my first choice. I did get a good laugh when one poster referred to them as Morgan and Morgan for the Pockets!

The Most Overpriced Products