logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
Mary Gersten - Global Cash Flow Network
Refund promised but never sent
2. (15 mins ago)
Redbubble.com
Redbubble is scam and fraud
3. (28 mins ago)
Joe's Crabshack
Discrimination
4. (44 mins ago)
Time Warner Cable
Rude incompetent customer "care"
5. (46 mins ago)
Hyundai end of lease return
excessive scrutinization

Montmax

Posted: 2013-01-08 by    Jaztnr2

FRAUDULENT SALES SCAMS

MONTMAX
OMG...I had a charge on my debit card for $98.00 that I did not authorize and after researching it, it was all about this stupid cheap watch we got while on JC Penneys website checking the codes on the backs of the buttons they were giving out...I had won a $5.00 gift certificate from Penneys from one of the buttons, then a pop-up shows up, even though I have my pop-up blockers on, and never get pop-ups, saying congratulations on winning and if I completed this short survey they will send me a free watch, and all I have to do is pay the shipping. The survey was all about JC Penneys, so I thought nothing of it...there was no mention of that 14 day trial, and no mention of other products being sent, let alone that I would have to pay 5x what the watch was worth...it is junky, made of cheap materials, and a total knockoff of the real deal...my husband won't even wear it...there were no papers in the package even saying who it was from either...when the watch arrived it came in a plain padded envelope...no papers with it, no return address, nothing. I thought that was strange, as JCP always sends things in their highly advertised shipping bags. What's worse, is that you can't do a stop pay on debit card charges...you can only file a dispute, which takes up to 45 days with Mastercard. The money still comes out of your account. I had to cancel my debit card, that I've had for well over 10 years, and request a new one...which means contacting each and every company that I have my automatic payments set up on the card...it's a royal pain in the buttocks...but I can't afford to have this happen again. It takes a full week to get a new MC debit card...I'm so upset!! My next call is to JC Penney complaint dept.
Comments United States Online Surveys
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of Jan, 2013 by   Bud Nelson 0 Votes
Montmax - same thing happened to me. Every month I was getting watches, necklaces, etc. No details in the packaging, only a charge to my debit card. I contacted Montmax and they said I did not read the details when I completed the survey and accepted the conditions when I paid for the postage.
What a scam - I ill never, never, never do another online survey.

Better Business Bureau's Consumer Tips