logo

2. (30 mins ago)
scammers exposed
SCAMMERS
3. (30 mins ago)
Igor Kasbar took all my money
Igor Kasbar stole my money
4. (30 mins ago)
ID Chief
Just a question
5. (30 mins ago)
ID CHIEF LEGIT?
Not a complaint just question!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Montel Health Master, Baltimore, Maryland Complaints & Reviews - Poor Customer Service

Montel Health Master Contacts & Informations

Posted:    Armstead Howard

Poor Customer Service

Baltimore, Maryland
Phone: 410 6627810
hahoward@comcast.net
In mid-June, I ordered and received a Health Master blender. The blender stopped working after using it for approximately a month. On June 17, 2009, the listed customer service telephone was contacted. We were informed that a return label would be forwarded to return
the Health Master. To date, the return label has not been
forwarded. After, at least, four additional calls still no response. Requests to speak with a supervisor were met with evasiveness and resistance;i.e. "she cannot come to the
telephone now "; "the supervisor is busy now"; or "I'll have her call you back". I still have not been contacted by anyone. My greatest fear now is that my blender will never be replaced. I find the actions of the staff member to be unacceptable. Your immediate attention to this
matter is requested.

Thank you.

with i

Comments United States Appliances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Jul, 2009 by   egyptian 0 Votes
did you ever get this resolved?
 29th of Jul, 2009 by   Hopethishelps 0 Votes
Definately, if you are still getting the run-around from the company that has a lifetime warrenty on the motor, step it up and contact the Better Business Bureau.

Here is the BBB website:

I'm interested in the healthmaster and looks like it does so much. I hope you get answers and that they will get you a replacement.

When you do get results, could you let us know?
 6th of Sep, 2009 by   Emma Harding +2 Votes
I was interested in the Health Master and prepared to order one but decided to do research on the item before purchasing one. After reviewing the information I have researched I will not be purchasing the Health Master; instead, I will look for another brand. I would like to know if Montiel Williams is aware of the complaints of the product his name is associated with.
 20th of Sep, 2009 by   RJC4 0 Votes
Sounds familiar! We had the same problem - Worked for a bit, then it started leaking this grease or something from the bottom of the decanter. Called and was told they were sending a return label. Never got it. Called again, and they swore they would send label (which they did), but here's my problem - why couldn't they just replace the top decanter, instead of making us send the whole thing back, thus being without a blender for probably 6-8 weeks (based on the time it took us to receive the first one!). They said they couldn't do that, which in retrospect is good I suppose, because now the thing doesn't work AT ALL! Burned out! I'm currently looking for a lower cost alternative, because quite frankly, I'd rather just have to buy a new blender every year for $50, than deal with returning units and all of this nonsense. When we get the replacement...it's going on ebay. They seem to do rather well on there!
 21st of Sep, 2009 by   frustratedandburned 0 Votes
I definitely agree with the comments about customer service. I got hung up on trying to explain my frustration. These people are in serious need of training. Montel won't become any richer with them treating customers the way they do. Only one guy was truthful and helpful. The rest lied and didn't do anything. Spent many phone calls trying to get through. Your number comes up on their caller ID, so they just disconnect if they recognize a disgruntled customer. I have complained to Tristar itself. I would recommend that nobody get involved with them until they have a toll-free number to call and they get some decent customer service agents. The product was an elephant. Just go get a reasonably priced OSTER at Walmart.
 22nd of Sep, 2009 by   Nellie1 0 Votes
I am having the same problem. I received the blender however after 3 weeks it burned out. I called got the return label sent the blender back for replacement and have not heard anything from the company. I called them this morning and while I am writing this was disconnected. Call again and I am still waiting to talk to someone. My next options is the BBB. which I am contacting now.
Mislead by advertizing.
 1st of Oct, 2009 by   hostageinnj 0 Votes
I am also having the same problem. My motor blew out after one use, worked one day the next smoked like a chimney. I'm still waiting for a free return label. I just decided to pay postage and ship via UPS myself. I've called for the return authorization # and I've also told them if I don't get my money back, I'm going to dispute this with the credit card company. The customer service sucks and I can't believe that Montel is backing this horrible product.

Tina1
 2nd of Oct, 2009 by   Pinkneck +2 Votes
I purchased the unit from the website on Saturday, 09/03/09, my VISA was debited for $199.96 plus 29.99 shp/hdlg on 09/04/09 and I received it on 09/10/09. I'm in Colorado and this unit was actually shipped out of Sparks, NV.

It worked well and did indeed emulsify the veggies. It even made hot soup as advertized in eight minutes. We really began to like it! I made ice cream as instructed using the pusher and the unit started to smoke badly until it shutdown. I pushed the 'reset' button and it continued to work but would not go beyond speed 1 and the recipe required speed 8. I shut it off and waited a few minutes and tried again but this time the motor would not work at all even though the display showed power to the unit.

I called Health Master and got an operator within a few minutes and was told the Return Authorization Number is the same as the Order Number on the shipping form which also contained a return label.
500 Returns Road
Wallingford, CT 06495

I packaged it up and took photos of the entire packaging process, took it to FedEx and it cost $18.57 including $200 insurance.

I tracked it through it's delivery on 10/02/09 at 10:40am. After arriving at Wallingford at 01:37am, it was delivered to a location call Meriden, CT. I was somewhat skeptical of this package being returned successfully because the address '500 Returns Road' does not exist in Wallingford, CT. Neither does the return address of '400 Fulfillment Circle, Wallingford, CT which was on the UPS shipment label when I received the package. Apparently, this is some type of coded address that all delivery services are aware of to enable them to hide their real address.

Now, how long will it take for my refund to be credited to my VISA account? I’ll keep you posted.
 9th of Oct, 2009 by   healthmasterlover -1 Votes
i dont know what everyone else is talking about i got the montel williams healthmaster professional unit and absolutely love it as much as i love montel himself. i mean who can resisit declining an offer from that sexy piece of chocalate. it does everything its advertised to do and more. i am sattisfied with the unit and recomend it to all in fact im going to buy some for my family for christmas.
P.S. the customer service habe the sexiest voices ever.
 10th of Oct, 2009 by   123VitaLLC -1 Votes
Total right you are... there is nothing wrong with the Montel Health Master. But I do want to share that the pricing is deceiving. If you were to compare the blender with a real 2 hp Blender, such as the Vita Mix 4500 TurboBlend, the Vita Mix blender costs by the way only 30$ bucks more, you would fine that the Health Master has:

1.75 hp motor with 1100 watts - upgrade to 1200 watts costs you $ 40
upgrade from 60 days warranty to 3 years = 15$, the Vita Mix 4500 has a 3 year warranty
upgrade shipping time from 4 weeks down to 1 week for $ 10
and add the shipping cost to the advertised $ 199, you are then paying almost $ 300

Another confusion... many people call me after reading my report on http://www.3blenders.com/HealthMaster.html and ask me how the Health Master makes juice. They think the blender is a juicer. The infomercial is also deceiving in that respect.

Vita Mix is for example a 85 years old company and Montel is just a cover brand name / endorser of the product. Tristar sells the Montel Health Master blender.

Now, don't get me wrong, the blender is worth the $ 200 bucks, but not a penny more...made in China and the quality is just not comparable... But again, if you can't afford anything else, why not, go for it.

I have prepared a Montel Health Master Blender review on http://www.3blenders.com/HealthMaster.html

Check it out. Call me if you have any questions: 801-623-3225 - or email at lifestyle@123vita.com

Best Wishes
Thomas F
 13th of Oct, 2009 by   Pinkneck +2 Votes
This is a followup on my earlier note (pinkneck).
I finally got my VISA credit for $199.96. Thus, it cost me $48.52 for the experience of getting a defective unit and returning it. They don't refund shipping/handling costs either direction!

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, BUY ANYTHING FROM AN INFOMERCIAL!!!

Go to Costco, Sears, or any local store.

Montel Williams name is now mud for hawking this crummy product and it's double warranty (60 days instead of the normal 30 days).
 20th of Oct, 2009 by   EmmGee +2 Votes
Well, as a person in Mass Media, I see many things that would make me skeptical. I also have allot of experiences by trying different things. Here;s what I find:

1) The HEALTH MASTER really is not that different than a really good blender. Sure, it has differing settings and attachments, But any blender can heat food, if on long enough. Yes, even your cheap blenders, melt homemade peanut butter, as it is being made. From Wofgang Puck's 900 watt processor, to Presto's blender, all made and had WARM to hot peanut butter, within a few minutes. DO NOT LET THE INFOMERCIAL FOOL YOU THAT THIS IS DIFFERENT. IT'S NOT.

2) Juicing and "pulverizing" foods is not hard to do, even with the Wolfgang Puck food processor. It's 1/2 the cost of this, ($100.00) found locally (so you keep your private info private, along with your name and address).

3) Montel's producers are doing what they think people will either watch, such as his old show (note the style and Sylvia being on there)... or what people might react to, illogically. As a producer, I fully understand the psychology behind this and any other infomercial. Those of you who purchased because you saw and reacted, without thinking logically, I do feel sorry for. But that' is our jobs... even at times to bilk you of your money, if we get paid to make a show to do that. That's show-business.

4) Now that the company has your info... who gets it? I hope you have "Lifelock" brand identity security. Now any fool can get your info... because you gave it away... what fools! Even radio stations bilk their winners, when you win things... and can sell your Social Security number if you win over $100.00... If they ask for it, don't give it. Really, it's not free... if you get other solicitations, from someone else... or that same company. Now you've chanced that same thing. Sorry Suckers!

5) If Montel and Sylvia are paid enough to tell you anything, as you can clearly see... they will. Money is the motive. He probably doesn't even use the product, as most who endorse many products and services don't. Remember, they are paid to be actors and pushers.

6) If you did not research the BBB or your local Atty General's offices, before purchasing... let another company bilk you next.

Bottom line... have an IQ ABOVE negative-two.

I never would have purchased his products... Afterall, I don't endorse married men who cheat, as Montel did... and buying his endorsed products is condoning that. Secondly... MS DOES NOT go away. It does not stay in remission either. Funny how he acts and seems way too fine with MS, every time you see him. Knowing those who have MS and having medical knowledge of the disease, I can say that it's not likely that he is truthful. I was skepical when his show was in first run, I still am now.

Another thing.. I also remember some hassles with his charity too... that was not being truthfull too, aroudn the time his show was canceled.

Now if you look at the facts... and still need to buy his products... be my guest. Or better yet... send me your cash, if you want to throw it away so badly.
 5th of Nov, 2009 by   LB1 0 Votes
I am not sure you have enough info to judge montel and neither do I . I do have enough info to judge" Tristar " the manufacturer of the healthmaster blender. Tristar is also the manufacturer that made the Healthmaster 100 by Jack Lalanne, which has since been discontinued . The Blender jar was defective and leaks from the blade assembly at the bottom of the jar. There have been numerous complaints. There is no replacement jar or carraffe that you can buy anywhere, and when you call the company they take your name and adress and tell you that you will be sent a new replacement jar as soon as they get them in.BUT THEY NEVER DO!!!They never respond to you at all! This is the same company that makes Montels blender ! THIS IS NOT A COMPANY TO DO BUSINESS WITH ! Report Spam
 6th of Nov, 2009 by   Nurseanny 0 Votes
You're lucky that the machine work at all. My HM, never worked. It is indeed a piece of China Best Junk.

Nurseanny
 11th of Nov, 2009 by   123VitaLLC 0 Votes
May I please disagree with you on the subject that Tristar is the manufacturer of the Health Master Blender? It is not. Tristar is the marketing company. The health master is manufactured in China by some unknown company. The label on the Health Master Blender identifies Shahaar Industries Company Limited. You can see the label detail on http://www.3blenders.com/HealthMaster.html.

If you go to http://www.importgenius.com/shipments/shahaar-industries-company-limited.html---- you will see that Shahaar Industries Co Ltd is just an exporter. It is probably a Tristar Company since they ship all sorts of products including Pasta and import it into the USA.

Montel is just lending his name for this and is getting paid. The entire TV Infomercial is a SHOW, nothing else!

So, I hope this helps to clarify a few things.

Thanks.
 12th of Nov, 2009 by   jax 616 0 Votes
WOW!!! And to think I was with credit card in hand about to purchase the Health Master.
I do make it a habit to google anything I am thinking of purchasing on the net or from TV, just to see if there are negetive comments...Thank you for your insights on this product and thank you google. I am $200.00 + richer and on my way to Walmart.

Buyer Beware, Always
 14th of Nov, 2009 by   Jon T 0 Votes
WOW is right! Always research products before you spend your hard earned money. I will also be headed to local store to find comparable unit after reading these numerous comments. Thanks.
 15th of Nov, 2009 by   Joan H. 0 Votes
We purchased the Montel Health Master 7/28/09 and received it within two weeks. On the TV commercial it shows them grinding up granite to illustrate how powerful the motor is. We have not used this for more than making fruit drinks, and that only once a day. We also were out of town for two weeks during the warranty period. The motor proved to be defective after three months...the reset button wouldn't work and the motor kept cutting out. Customer service did not request that we send it back, but we had to pay another $29.99 to get the motor replaced (on top of the $199.96 plus the $15 for a 3-year warrantee, plus $29.99 processing and handling already spent). Don't know about Montel Williams sponsoring this product, but do know that it is way overpriced and cannot meet expectations. Sorry we got involved with this inferior product and the deceptive infommercial. Montel, as well as the company he is hawking, ought to be ashamed of themselves.
JH/Tennessee
 15th of Nov, 2009 by   MMAT 0 Votes
THERE SHOULD BE A WARNING REGARDING THE WAY IN WHICH THE CAP NEEDS TO BE LOCKED...I IMMEDIATELY FELT DEBILITATING PAIN UPON ATTEMPTING TO LOCK THE CAP...SO, SO PAINFUL! WHEN I CALLED TO FIND OUT IF THIS WAS DIFFICULT TO CLOSE I SPOKE TO 2 DIFFERENT REPRESENTATIVES AND ASKED THEM DIRECTLY IF THIS WAS DIFFICULT TO CLOSE, IF SOMEONE HAD A BAD BACK. I WAS TOLD THIS WAS THE SAME AS CLOSING A "REGULAR BLENDER!!! " (AS PER LINDA IN THE ORDER DEPT ON THE PHONE)-ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! I HAVE HAD MANY BLENDERS IN MY LIFE, NEVER DID OTHERS EVER CAUSE MY SPINE TO GO INTO INSTANT SPASMS WITH AGONIZING SCIATIC PAIN DOWN MY ENTIRE LEG, ETC, NEVER !!! WHO WOULD EVEN THINK THAT A "BLENDER" AND OR HELTHMASTER WOULD HURT ONE'S SPINE??AFTER JUST ONE ATTEMPT TO USE THIS MY BACK PAIN WAS AT AGONIZING LEVELS!! I NEEDED TO SEE AN ORTHPAEDIC SURGEON FOR A VISIT TO HELP WITH THE AGONIZING PAIN THAT CLOSING THIS HM CAUSED!!!

I AM OUTRAGED THAT A MAN WITH A DISABILITY PUTS HIS NAME ON SUCH A DANGEROUS PRODUCT FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH BACK PROBLEMS. SHAME ON YOU MONTEL!!! YOU CLAIM TO HAVE MS, YOU OF ALL PEOPLE SHOULD BE SENSITIVE TO OTHERS WITH PHYSICAL LIMITATIONS! MONTEL APPEARS TO BE SO SENSITIVE AND YET IS COMPLETELY UNAWARE THAT THIS HEALTHMASTER IS EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TO CLOSE AND LOCK THE CAP, SO MUCH SO THAT IF ONE HAS A SENSITIVE BACK PROBLEM THEY WILL SURELY CAUSE ADDITIONAL AGONIZING PAIN! THIS IS A VERY SAD STATEMENT ABOUT A MAN'S MISUSE OF POWER TO CREATE PERSONAL, SELFISH FINANCIAL GAIN! I WONDER IF MONTEL REALLY UNDERSTANDS THIS PRODUCT AND OR THE NEGATIVE RESPONSE CONSUMERS APPEAR TO BE HAVING WITH IT! CLEARLY, MR. WILLIAMS NEEDS TO BE EDUCATED AND INFORMED IN THIS VERY CRITICAL SITUATION!

FURTHER MY BOYFRIEND WHO HAS A VERY STRONG UPPER BODY ATTEMPTED TO LOCK THE CAP AND WAS SURPRISED AT THE DIFFICULTY IN WHICH THIS IS TO LOCK IN PLACE. THE STRUGGLE TO TWIST THIS CAP EVEN HURT HIS BACK AND HE DOES NOT HAVE BACK ISSUES!

WHEN I CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE -MANY TIMES I WAS PROMISED THAT A MANAGER WOULD CALL ME BACK. ALL I WAS REQUESTING WAS THAT THE COMPANY SHOULD PUT A WARNING ON TO INFORM CONSUMERS WITH BACK PROBLEMS THAT THIS MAY BE DIFFICULT. FURTHERMORE, I ASKED TO RECIEVE A RETURN LABEL PAID BY THE COMPANY, AS THE LEAST THIS COMPANY COULD DO FOR MY "PAINFUL EXPERIENCE!!!"- I NEVER EVEN GOT A RETURN CALL BACK!

AFTER JUST ONE USE, I HAVE SHIPPED THIS HM BACK AND HOPE TO OBTAIN A CREDIT ON MY MASTERCARD WITHOUT ANY ADDITIONAL PROBLEMS!! ENDURING THE HIGH COST OF SHIPPING AND HANDLEING TWO TIMES!

HOPEFULLY, THIS COMMENT WILL HELP OTHERS AVOID PHYSICAL AND MENTAL PAIN!
MM/NEW YORK