logo

King Soopers
Abusive to Employees
4. (1 hr 1 mins ago)
indian fortune teller scam
psychic scam in melbourne, beware!!
5. (1 hr 34 mins ago)
CROYDON DENTAL
The rep was rude and refused to make the appointment

Consumer Tips & Tricks

scam

money motion v
1401 armour road north kansas city mo 64116 usa
Kansas City, Kansas
they sent my dad a big a4 letter saying he had won 9, 276, 689.32 and he had to answer a question which was if he shared it equally with his spouse how much would they recieve each. and to send in £10 reduced from £15 how very thoughtfull of them NOT. No phone number or email its obviously a scam.
Comments United States Scam & Fake Checks
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Money Motion V complaints
Money Motion V - nomeation to 14 milions

Comments

15th of Aug, 2009 by   M&I Morgan's 0 Votes

Scams - Money Motion V

Harassment using scams letters and information!
 7th of Oct, 2009 by   lazey 0 Votes
I got in Belgium also such a letter, that states I had to pay 15 euros t0 take part in a winning sum...

lpechler@hotmail.com
 24th of Feb, 2010 by   ntrotty 0 Votes
I've received several letters stating that I was winner and asking for money to take part in a drawingm that supposedly I'm garanteed to win. If I'm already a winner and it's garanteed then why would I need to send money to receive my money. It's a rip off.
 11th of Mar, 2010 by   stepniak 0 Votes

Fraud - Money Motion V

I received a bogus award wherein they wanted my bank/ cred cd details sig or £10 pounds.
 17th of Mar, 2010 by   Arn1e2040 0 Votes
SCAM! just recieved a very impressive A3 sheet of paper with some impressive looking printing on it and a return envelope... apparently there is currently a 'special offer' where i have to pay only £10 (British Pounds) - problem is, the crossed out figure appears to be £1b (One Billion British Pounds!!!)

total rip-off, i may as well get a £10 note and burn it!
 17th of Mar, 2010 by   Arn1e2040 0 Votes
yep, total scam... i'm tempted to print something similar with the wording "Unfortunately i have no funds at the moment, BUT - YOU have just won $6billion USD! please send $1000 processing fee and your money will be deposited in your bank account within 7 working days. Thankyou."

Your dad may as well set fire to a £10 note than send it to them!
 7th of Jul, 2010 by   nicko1212 0 Votes
the phonenumber is on the back of the form (816)18425510 and ring at 2am in morning you should speak to sum one
 19th of Aug, 2010 by   Brett2017 0 Votes
Agreed, I am in Sydney and just received a paper which must have cost a fair bit to set up and print; green, black, & red print, quality paper, signed by various officers in 6 places. And for a mere $25 (special price) I get to win $21, 000.

ROI would be zero as the $25 will disappear, and no $21, 000 will turn up - a very poor ROI indeed.

It is form number BOEF3-F - making me wonder just how many forms these people have. Having had slight involvement in forms management, they must have a whole library of Master Copies of other forms.

When giving my real name out to organisations (say eBay, PayPal, etc), I used to change my middle initial, starting at B, C, D, etc, and record who I gave that info to - so I know the source of the leak. Sadly they didn't print my middle initial, so I'll never know who dobbed me in, or sold my details - which I treat as confidential (for Internet purposes).
 19th of Aug, 2010 by   Brett2017 0 Votes
Wouldn't it be interesting for someone with a few bucks behind them, to have the document scrutinised by a lawyer, and if it is watertight, pay the amount and then sue the hell out of them. Even if it is a 100 x $1 shares company, go after the directors; their houses and cars. Cost a bit but oh, the satisfaction!
 19th of Aug, 2010 by   Brett2017 0 Votes
Conditions 3 and 4 make it clear it is a competition based on maths skills. A low percentage of winners are expected to remaining the game after the first couple of rounds (each of which cost you). The claim is that th questions get progressively more difficult - quite quickly.

Soooooo the implication is that if you are damn good at maths (especially things like multidimensional modeling, game theory and all that stuff), you could win. You would need to be a graduate student probably with a strong theoretical leaning towards maths.

That makes it a whole lot more plausible, and someone that good (don't look at me), could walk away with the prize. It isn't random but skill-based - as made very clear. A small group could handle this perhaps?

Has anyone read Diamond Dogs by Alistair Reynolds? Do so, and if you think you can handle the stuff in that story, go for it.

How many of you guys read the Official Rules I wonder?
 11th of Feb, 2011 by   samjo 0 Votes
Bunch of wankers. If you are struggling with money and you receive a formal looking letter informing you that you have won £10, 000.00 it would be like dream come true. Then you read this website and it totally shatters that dream! I am just glad that i haven't and will not be sending any money!!! How can i ensure i do not receive any more letters?
 17th of Jun, 2011 by   Lucky John 0 Votes
They're at it again and rather poorly too...the promise is for $15000 AU if I send $25...ha! not likely and if I find a website or phone that answers it'll be hacked and parasited till hell freezes over...
 9th of Aug, 2011 by   teresa crawford 0 Votes
i got the same letter as that lady did for her dad. but thought i would check them out im so pleased i did. thanks to you all.
 12th of Aug, 2011 by   emanuel da silva 0 Votes
yes they back! money motion vi came in this morning stating id won just over 10k and send only £10 regestration fees. they state at the back an adress money motion vi competition, 1401 armour road, north kansas city, mo 64116. usa or to OPP UK Mail preferences service. POB 219637, kansas city, MO 64121-9637 USA
 28th of Aug, 2011 by   Dazzmac 0 Votes
Read carefully, these prize draws are designed to psychologically pull you in, no where on the letter does it say you have won anything! Key words like Congratulations; you are a top score holder; securely tied for 1st place; minimum runner up prizes etc... does not say you will win or have won and gives the impression that you are in a small group of finalist - all nonesense - be brave, have courage, rip it up and throw it in the bin. Only one winner and that is the the Money motion Vi group.
 26th of Oct, 2011 by   shebee 0 Votes
OH WOW.. lucky i looked at this web site thought i was lucky to win 15000, 00. um yeah I'm short of funds myself, money not cum easy must work hard for it. so yeah just through me up in the air and slam me back down to reality... god dam.. i would like to no where they got my details from to start with??
 8th of Nov, 2011 by   mr david woolcombe 0 Votes
ITS ABOUT TIME THESE LOW LIFE SLUGGS WERE ARRESTED TAKING ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLE WHO ARE ALL READY BEING RIPPED OFF BY THERE SO CALLED CARING GOVERNMENT IN UK. AND MOST OTHER NATIONS .I AM LIVING ON THE POLTRY PENSION YOU GET IN UK AND THESE SCAMS SHOULD BE STOPED
 17th of Jan, 2012 by   Calz 0 Votes
I've just had two letters sent to me about winning all this money too, I had to send $25.00 a pop...sounds so good but yes you shouldn't have to send money if you've won money aye!...So glad I read everyones comments "THANKS PEOPLE"
 20th of Feb, 2012 by   mike from sydney 0 Votes
I just reiceved a mail from them saying i won $20, 000 i was very happy reading the mail until it asking me to pay $25 then i thoutgh to my self i did not join any competion or buy a lotto or sweepstake ticket how could i win anything and if i win that much money they should not ask $25 for what transferfee dont get rippoff do a search ask someone anyone before you give away your saving this is same as the niggrean scam
 17th of Apr, 2012 by   smarter than your average bear 0 Votes
would it not be smarter to just not even responed to these scams??? i mean if you have to send money its a scam!!! throw it in the trash!!! if people would stop supporting these scams then these people would not make any money!! stop being so naive!! if you have to send money to win you are not gonna win nothing your just gonna lose the money you send and possibly give them your account information and they will steal all your money!!!

Are Energy Drinks Worth the Money?

Latest Groups