I ordered a jersey from MLB.com for my father for Christmas. The jersey was a new one that had just been released, so figuring I couldn't find it in stores before Christmas, I ordered from MLB.com. I placed the order on 12/08/08. It is now 01/12/09, and not only has the jersey NOT SHIPPED, but no one at MLB.com has been able to give me any reason at all for this. After I called the first time, a woman who sounded like she could care less that I was a bit upset that I was told I wouldn't be receiving the gift in time for Christmas told me it would arrive right after Christmas. I explained that I would be out of town from the original shipping address I gave her, and asked if she could change it for me to my parent's address, since it hadn't yet shipped, and I would be there instead. She said she'd put in the change. After 4 phone calls to 4 different "customer service" reps over the course of a few weeks, I still hadn't gotten the address change, and still no one could tell me why the jersey hadn't shipped. "It's coming from the warehouse" they'd tell me. "We have no control over it."

Finally, I spoke with a woman on 01/07/09 who sounded as upset as I was that my jersey STILL hadn't shipped. She was very apologetic and told me she was writing in to have someone call me and straighten things out. She assured me I would be contacted within the next 24-48 hours by someone who could tell me where my jersey was and if it would ever ship.

Today, I decided I had given them enough time to call me back, and called them, instead. The woman told me that Majestic's warehouse was backed up and that's why nothing had shipped and that they would be shipping late this week or early next week.

I have never had such a problem ordering online. I will NEVER order from MLB.com again, and I am planning on canceling this order unless I get that phone call from someone telling me that the jersey is free for all the inconvenience.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Sports & Recreation
Was the above complaint useful?

Contact Us