logo

Miracle Socks

Ontel Products Corporation
California
ontelproducts.com
TV ad says support socks are $10. When I called and ordered 1 pair, I was bombarded with a series of misleading offers on the same call. Where I got misled was that they offered me an extra 30% off today and would I like to continue, when I said yes, an automatic EXTRA order of 3 more pair, plus shipping was added to my bill making it over $47. I didn't realize this, as the phone call went on and on about more and more offers, foolishly I supplied my credit card in the beginning of the call and when I hung up the order went through. There was no confirmation during the call of the amount of items that were billed. I called the next day and the order had already shipped, too late to cancel. Buyer beware, don't give out your credit card info to an automated system, there is no way to backtrack and it took me 1/2 hour to get through to complain. They said I could return it at my expense!
Comments United States Annoying Commercials
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Dec, 2011 by   LilOleMe 0 Votes
I ended up with almost purchasing 2 pair of Miracle socks for $50+, they convinced me I need the padded foot ones that the regular ones weren't comfortable and then shipping was $13+. I order these in October for my Pregnant Daughter who is due any day (December). We were talking the other day I just happen to ask her if she ever received them after running into the order confirmation, she said that she hadn't. I then searched my email and found nothing else from them. I also check both my bank statement and PayPal to see if either of them had paid them. Neither had. After that, I figured out how to go to their web site and check on the status of the order I saw they were on back order. There was a button beside them that left me cancel the order. A pop up then came up and told me to call a 1-877 number. I did a few times only to receive a recording telling me to go to ontelproductsorderstatus.com so I returned there and put my info in and nothing appeared any way I entered the info. My addy, order number, email, zip code, nothing showed telling me that the order was cancelled.
I wasn't scammed but I could have ended up 6 mos from now with an overdrawn account when they finally shipped them.
I am just so glad that I ran into that email and asked my Daughter about them.
I do wish she would have received them and been able to use them when her feet swelled during her pregnancy.
I also wished hat they would have informed me the socks were on back order and I would have been able to get her other socks.
I felt bad because I had told her I was getting them for her because her feet swell bad during pregnancy.
I can't say I was scammed but it did mess things up for my Daughter and if I hadn't thought of it..it could have messed me up bad down the line.
Simple facts for me, the Company does not have good communication skills with their customers - useless customer service if any.
I do remember getting the phone call the other guy told about. They wanted me to confirm he credit card I used and I told them I don't give it out over the phone. He tried telling me about things and I just kept telling him that I wasn't interested and wasn't giving my card out. He finally gave up on me.
 7th of Dec, 2011 by   LilOleMe 0 Votes
I ended up with almost purchasing 2 pair of Miracle socks for $50+, they convinced me I need the padded foot ones that the regular ones weren't comfortable and then shipping was $13+. I order these in October for my Pregnant Daughter who is due any day (December). We were talking the other day I just happen to ask her if she ever received them after running into the order confirmation, she said that she hadn't. I then searched my email and found nothing else from them. I also check both my bank statement and Pay Pal to see if either of them had paid them. Neither had. After that, I figured out how to go to their web site and check on the status of the order I saw they were on back order. There was a button beside them that left me cancel the order. A pop up then came up and told me to call a 1-877 number. I did a few times only to receive a recording telling me to go to their website: ontelproductsorderstatus.com so I returned there and put my info in and nothing appeared any way I entered the info. My addy, order number, email, zip code, nothing showed telling me that the order was cancelled.
I am just so glad that I ran into that email and asked my Daughter about them.
I felt that they had got me for a lot more than what I had expected to pay to begin with, like him I thought I was buying a pair of socks for $10 not 2 for $50 because they flat out and told me that the other ones weren't any good!
 9th of Dec, 2011 by   PhilBNY 0 Votes
This company will rip you off. They only wish to scam as much money from you as they can. They cannot verify any handling or delivery charges and should they wish to take me to court, please Miracle Socks, do so I can get an answer to my questions which you refuse to answer. Do not, for your own sake, do business with this company because, if you do, your credit card will get cleaned out.
 26th of Dec, 2011 by   Complainer321 0 Votes
It's a rip off..and their commercials are misleading! My mom is a CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) and she has Arthritis now and her legs continually swell up. She asked me to buy her the socks so I finally did last night. They hit me with some processing fee for 6.99 ..some fee for my area code? and shipping and handling...plus I thought the other pair of socks was free but they make you pay fees or something for the other pair too. All together the total was 27.99 and then I was bombarded with them offering me and trying to get me to buy all this useless stuff and trying to offer me deals. I kept saying "no thank you!" and it would just move on to the next sales offering.I was lucky, I was dealing with a person rather than the automated system and asked her the final total for my purchase and to move on from the zillion ads and stuff because it was a waste of time and I was never going to say yes. When I got the final total, I told them to cancel my order and she said they had but I'm freaked out because they have my debit card number and info and phone number...what if they charged me anyway or keep calling and sending junk mail trying to sell me crap? This is a SCAM! I have yet to hear of anyone even actually getting the socks and them working and not having problems with the company from what I've googled online.
 29th of Aug, 2012 by   TRANQUIL 0 Votes
They scammed me, over charged, socks are way too small and too hard to even get on, even if you compare to hospital circulation socks they use, plus the add clearly said I would get a free 8oz tube of mircle foot repair again it was only a 1 oz tube, way over priced socks and cream. in order to return the order its at my expense. NOTHING BUT A BIG RIP OFF WASTE OF MONEY AND THEY BETTER NOT CHARGE ME ANOTHER DIME.

Identity Theft Solutions for Consumers