Failure to delete subscriber information

I was a subscriber / member of Mingle2.com online dating / matching service for a brief period. I decided that I would like to cancel my subscription / membership, and I requested that the company DELETE my account data and all photos associated with my account. I received repeated replies from the site administrator - Charles - refusing my request.

Here is the text of the last response I received from the site:

For the last time, we do not delete accounts. I have not deleted a single Mingle2 account in my two-plus
years at the company.

I gave you instructions on how to close out your account. Other than that, I can't help you with your request.

I informed Charles that Mingle2.com was unique, since several other similar sites that I have used are willing to delete all information, as requested. No other dating site that I dealt with refused my reasonable request that my information be deleted.

I believe that the Mingle2.com dating site is not serving my interests as a consumer. They have their own interests at heart instead.

I strongly warn any other person considering the use of the Mingle2.com dating site to take your business to any one of the other dozens of sites that are available, and avoid logging on the the Mingle2.com site altogether. I believe you will regret that the site is not user-friendly, as I discovered.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Internet Providers
Was the above complaint useful?

20th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes

Mingle2.com - Its a haven for miserable people to cyber bully all the people that they are jealous of

This site is full of biased mods that love to flame people. They are a very close clique and I wish I had read the reviews before I joined because lots of people posted about them being this way. I have been banned for my political views and I also get flamed constantly and the mods will only delete my posts, not the posts of the other users. Beware of this site, its not your non biased dating site. its a haven for miserable people to cyber bully all the people that they are jealous of.
 16th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
Useless waste of time, not one girl or lady would message me, not even a message.
 13th of Sep, 2015 by    0 Votes
I reported a scammer's account to Mingle2 and the next thing i know is my account is in lock down. with this message.

Your account has been automatically locked by our abuse reporting systems.
Your account status is being reviewed by our site moderators. If this automatic lockdown is found to be in error, your account will be reinstated shortly

That was 3 days go and it's still in lock down. I swear on the Holy Bible I did not break any of Mingle2's rules.. The person I reported scammed some money off me, I know it was stupid of me to allow it to happen.
 18th of Sep, 2015 by    0 Votes
Haha now they blocked my account too for no reason. Apparently abusive ...but who cares...there are other sites. The warn you of scammers but are scammers themselves. They really are a pain.

Contact Us