logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (3 mins ago)
MMOGA
Fifa coins - Payment check?
2. (28 mins ago)
American Laser Center
Fraud, possible class action lawsuit
3. (28 mins ago)

Posted:    Valerie

Scam

MindField Online Internet Panels
mindfieldonline.com
I agree completely with the previous report I read regarding MindField. They require information for a particular survey and after I have filled in all they ask for, I am told I do not qualify. Too, I have tried to unsubscribe and have been given links to do so, but when that screens appears, there is nowhere to complete the unsubscribe request. I have even tried blocking them and it seems not to work. They must be using different email addresses each time. Why? Perhaps the previous report was correct in that they are using my information to sell for spam. Or perhaps they are selling my information as if I qualified and just not paying me for it.
Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Dec, 2008 by   Chris 0 Votes
I also can not get unsubscribed from Mindfield Surveys. I have unsubscribed at least a dozen times and even emailed them and told them to remove me from their mailing list and they keep sending me emails. Very annoying. What they don't like it when people find out they are a scam and want out! Does anyone know a way to report them for not honoring the unsubcribe list? They need to be reported to someone and have actions taken. Just like telemarketers on the phone, they are leagally not supposed to call you back after you ask them to remove you from their calling list.
Any thoughts on this?
 8th of Jan, 2009 by   Vesperanza 0 Votes
I completely agree with the complaints about Mindfield Online. I receive at least an email a day from them it seems, and have tried to unsubscribe several times. Legally they have 10 days to honor an unsubscribe request, and of course I'm still receiving emails even though that was months ago. I wrote them last time letting them know that I would be reporting them if they didn't take my name off their lists, also to no avail. I reported them to the Federal Trade Commission at this URL and I encourage others to do the same. Just go to the page and click on the picture on the right-hand side that says "FTC Complaint Assistant". Here is the link: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

Good luck to everyone getting these guys to stop emailing. They're persistent buggers.
 13th of Apr, 2009 by   Villar 0 Votes
Many of these jerks like Mindfield use different e-mail addresses to get around your junk filter. The most powerful tool you have against this is the message filter in Firefox. I'm guessing there is something similar in other e-mail clients.
You will find it under the tools menu. Simply create a new filter that you may title, for example, "Mindfield" then select a fragment that appears in every e-mail address they use. Mine is set simply as:

FROM contains mindfield

In the lower box you set the action to be taken. The default is already set to send the file off somewhere, so send it to the trash.

Make sure the inbox is the active folder when you invoke the filter from TOOLS.

How to Hire a Real Estate Agent