logo

Care.com
Auto billing
2. (9 mins ago)
SuperiorPowersports.com
Wont stand behind sales or product...
3. (11 mins ago)
United Auto Credit
Privacy issues
4. (15 mins ago)
Reliance Protectron
Worst Security System with awful service.
5. (17 mins ago)
Open Road Acura of East Brunswick
Unethical Salesmanship

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Midstates Retreading & Wholesale, Rochester, Minnesota Complaints & Reviews - Awful place to work in

Midstates Retreading & Wholesale Contacts & Informations

Midstates Retreading & Wholesale

Posted:    Valerie

Awful place to work in

Midstates Retreading & Wholesale
6233 Bandel Road
Rochester, Minnesota
Phone: 507-2887752
As a newly fired employee, I feel it is my duty to inform any interested parties of the things I witnessed while working here. On several occasions I witnessed racism by the management. When African American people would come in to fill out applications, I witnessed the applications being thrown directly into the waste can based solely on skin color.

Employees are allowed to perform safety sensitive tasks without proper training. Employees are allowed to perform safety sensitive tasks under the influence of drugs and or alcohol. Not to mention a slew of OSHA violations, such as inhalation hazards, noise levels, confined space, lock out tag out and no certified forklift drivers.

The management made a point of ripping off at least one customer that I know of. When this sent in tires for recapping, they had a deal with Midstates to disposed of the tires not fit for recapping free of charge. In order to recoup the costs Midstates would steal some of the tires that were fit for recapping. These tires were then resold to other customers.

Known drug addicts are allowed to drive company vehicles. D.O.T. standards are not kept and sometimes circumvented in the name of profits and laziness.

On a personal level, I was verbally abused by the owner on several occasions. Once he even threw items from his desk against the wall while yelling obscenities at me. I was taken into his office an verbally assaulted for a half hour for parking in the wrong parking spot.
Comments United States Job & Career
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Feb, 2009 by   CURT 0 Votes
I was layed off after 24 years not 1 concern Tim Gallagher had about doing that because he could save his almighty $$$ .He could also help his foremans friend out who was working with me, that'sthe only way he knew how, lay Curt off!!Most employee's haven't had a raise in 5 years.He had everyone sign waivers that wouldn't bind him if they lost thier hearing or lungs got filled with cancer causing rubber dust or oils from rubber products or eye's were poked out!! Yet he doesn't provide the masks or earplugs or saftey glasses. They were never readily available. OSHA should be called but employee's are scared of Mr. Tim Gallagher and his aproach at letting people go for no obvious reasons. I could do everything in that shop very well, but was never appreciated for my great work habits and memory of things.Kim Scotts complaint is all so true. I wish somebody could make Mr. Gallagher realize just how he really is. We need to come together and let our voices be heard. If you buy anything from MIDSTATES RETREADING & WHOLESALE please mention these things to Mr. Gallagher and mention to him about his treatment of employee's at both his workplaces. Please support the remaining workers but not Mr. Gallagher and let it be known how you feel about this situation. Oh how we wish ROBERT BRAATZ was still there .Curt

Top 5 Consumer Complaints