logo

wedding dress!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Microsoft Xbox Live, Denver, Colorado Complaints & Reviews - Charging without my permission

Microsoft Xbox Live Contacts & Informations

Microsoft Xbox Live

Posted:    boardercjh 1218

Charging without my permission

Microsoft
Denver, Colorado
I used to love my Xbox live, however for finanicial reasons I cancelled my internet and just let my annual xbox live subscription run out. Big mistake!

When my annual subscription ran out Microsoft, already having my credit card number from an online game purchase, decided to change my account to a monthly subscription and charge me $8 a month.

When I found out about this I called them to request last month's charge to be credited only to find out they have been doing this for 7 months! They of course gave me the standard Indian (not that there's anything wrong with that) Customer Service response of "We are sorry but policy says we cannot credit this." I explained to them that I had never authorized them to switch to monthly and that charging someone without permission and refusing to refund is called stealing. The rep agreed with me but said he couldn't do anything about it. After some pushing I finally got a supervisor, who promptly hung up on me. Not because I was rude (I wasn't, I'm in CS and I make it a point to be firm but nice), he just said hello and then the line went deadn. I then called back and got another supervisor.

This supervison now magically pulled evidence out of her butt that I had authorized this and also stated that they had sent me emails, which of course I didn't get because I don't have internet. There was no way I could contradict what she was saying because what proof do I have that I never pushed ok when she's saying I did. I then said
"That is categorically untrue but I have no way to contradict you. I am willing to accept that you are going to keep my money for services which I never authorized or used, however we both can see that the money you charged me yesterday was a mistake, and since I am cancelling it now you need to refund that money instead of charging me for yesterday and the next 29 days of service which I am obviously not using."

Nothing. Nada.

I even tried pulling the old "I'm going to waste more than $8 dollars of your time complaining so you might as well give me the money" with no luck.

Finally I just said "I have no way to punish you except withholding my future business, which I intend to do, so thank you for being courteous please never use my credit card again or contact me for any services" and said goodbye.

By the way, their only reasoning for this blatent theft was that the terms of service allow them to, well guess what they put out new terms of service in September and I've never agreed to them!

Boo Microsoft Boo. I may never get that $8 back but you'll lose it for all the customers I convince to switch to Mac.
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

26th of Jun, 2009 by   Sonnysmacks2 0 Votes
They have just done this to me as well. I called them last night to ask why I was being charged 19.99 for services not asked for nor rendered. No intelligent response followed, only ramblings of a man who was desperately trying to do the same old song and dance. I asked to speak to a supervisor, who informed me of the same ramblings as the previous numb skull had, then asked to speak to his supervisor, to which I was told that wasn't possible. I informed them that I would be going to my bank and filing fraud charges with the local police department. I spoke to my bank today, and as soon as I file dispute on the charges I will be following up with the police. I refuse to let someone steal from me and my family. Not only did they take my money without asking, but they had the audacity to talk to me like I am a complete idiot.
 20th of Apr, 2010 by   Juan7 0 Votes
* bucks dude? they just charged me 70 bucks for an annual renewal i never fuking agreed to. im taking this to the max.
 16th of Jun, 2010 by   Dragonfin 0 Votes
Same thing happened to me, they charged my card for one month service. I no longer used that bank so it was denied and when I updated my info and paid for another two months they refused to remove the $7.xx for the month that I already paid for on my other card.

I talked to a supervisor, and he, without my permission. Switched the $7.xx balance on my other card to my updated card while I was on the phone with him WITHOUT my permission. I told him that and he promptly started saying "IF you have no further questions, have a nice day" and hung up.

He said that the switch was automatic when a new card is added, which is bull since didn't happen when I put that newer card on there.. TWO months before. He manually did it without my permission. So now I've been charged for one month twice and he said its in their TOS.

Needless to say I'm going to my bank tomorrow when they open.
 15th of Jun, 2011 by   Bilbo boo 0 Votes
Just did it to me & I never got the supervisors last name his first name was Jay though & would not give me his bosses name. Utter BS. I don't even own an Xbox just got it for my pal. Again terms of service, my Bank also said that they could not dispute charges due to the fact that I agreed to the TOS.
 18th of Jun, 2011 by   JustMe1991 0 Votes
Man, this is like a disease!! Once you let them in the house, you are at their mercy!! I have a MAC and only bought this P-O-S Microsoft for my sons. Is Microsoft that powerful that they can steal whatever they want without consequences? Seems like a class-action lawsuit needs to be filed...

Health Care Admonished by Tom Price!

Latest Groups