logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
charityadvantage.com
They didn’t provide any free services, but they promised
2. (2 mins ago)
Californiapetpharmacy.com
Late delivery, fault order and no refund
3. (5 mins ago)
charityadvantage.com
Lost what I paid for and got no refund
4. (6 mins ago)
False Claims

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Microsoft *xbox Live Bill. Xbox.com Wa Complaints & Reviews - Fraudulent Charges

Microsoft Corporation Contacts & Informations

Microsoft *xbox Live Bill. Xbox.com Wa

Posted: 2011-02-14 by    Ben Slaven

Fraudulent Charges

MICROSOFT *XBOX LIVE BILL.XBOX.COM WA
Fraudulent charges on 02/14/2011 of $81.18 and $74.99 were debited to my ''''''''''''visa by MICROSOFT *XBOX LIVE BILL.XBOX.COM WA. I placed no orders with this company. I would like these charges removed from my Visa account as soon as possible. I may be contacted via my email address bsalven@cinci.rr.com
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Dec, 2010 by   mobber 0 Votes
Fraudulant charges of $80.24 to compromised debit card
 19th of Dec, 2010 by   llewel M 0 Votes
MICROSOFT *XBOX LIVE BILL.XBOX.COMWA, this sit appeard on my bill and charged me twice totalling an amount of $162.00 on my debit card, how can this be fixed?

pls send the answer to this email- l_natasja@yahoo.com
 20th of Dec, 2010 by   Nlc17 +1 Votes
I actually just had the same charge show up on my account. It was called Microsoft XBOX livebill.xbox.com and was for $81.08. I called the bank to report a fraudulent charge and was told my account had been compromised and I had to have my debit check card canceled and a new one reissued. The strange thing is that I had a charge for the payment of my Kohls charge account for the exact same amount about 2 weeks earlier. The bank said the two were not connected, but I still have my suspicions!! Did you notice if the amount was the same as any earlier charges??
 21st of Dec, 2010 by   nthappy 0 Votes
I had a charge of 74.99 charged twice on Dec. 16 and 20th and then they refunded one of them. I dont own an XBox and didnt even know what it was. Dont have a clue where they got my number. Dont use my card on the internet. I used my card at Target and 3 different resturants lately. Would like to have a phone number to call but I dont think this is really Microsoft or XBox. I think the frauds are using them.
 23rd of Dec, 2010 by   Ritesh Shringi 0 Votes
There were 4 transaction made on my account - 3 of $80.24 and 1 of $53.94. dont own an XBox and have a clue where they got my number. i used my card recently at subway and to withdraw money from Bank ATM. Would like to have a phone number to call but I dont think this is really Microsoft or XBox. I think the frauds are using them.
 24th of Dec, 2010 by   alfredos 0 Votes
I just saw a charge of 74.99 a few minutes ago (11pm Dec. 23 2010) from my Wells Fargo checking account # 226100593. The charge was listed as "CHKCARDMICROSOFT *XBBILL.XBCOMWAUS " and is still pending. I was told that I needed to wait until it clears, and then to call back and dispute the charge. The Wells Fargo dude says there have been many fraudulant xbox claims recently. I don't know how it occured- I haven't used that card recently.

P.S. Kidding about the account number (it's not real), serious about everything else.
 29th of Dec, 2010 by   edale03 0 Votes
I found 3 charges of 75.74 on my account for the same day from "Bill.XBOX.com. I do not even own an Xbox, nor have I ever purchased one. I just called my bank and they believe these are fraudulant due to there is no phone # to call. I am currently disputing these charges, but it will take time and I will need to change my debit card. I would like to know how they got this info.
 2nd of Jan, 2011 by   adwebb 0 Votes
I noticed 3 charges of $9.99 on my credit card bill - 1 on 12/12/10, 1 on 12/17/10 and 1 on 12/28/10. It's also from XBOX LIVEBILL.XBOX.COM. Did anyone get any results yet? I'll call my bank tomorrow, but want to know if this is a scam/ripoff and what do we do about it?
 5th of Jan, 2011 by   soupsetting 0 Votes
I found 1 charge of 74.99 on my account 12/31/10 from "XBOX LIVEBILL.XBOX.COM". I am a single woman with no kids. If I was to purchase a game system it would be a Super Nintendo not Xbox. I'm guessing they hacked my debit card info after I purchased a Christmas present online. I don't have credit cards so I use my debit card for everything. (But I guess if you have a fraudulent charge on a credit cards its easier to dispute. Now I just use PayPal). I blocked my debit card the same day and the next day I went to my branch so they could reissue me a new card. But I had to go the whole weekend without money! and it was New Years Eve, so I spent it dressed up and nowhere to go! Thanks to those damn hackers. I just hope I get my money returned to me, but I have to wait 10 days for my credit union to investigate.
 8th of Jan, 2011 by   HA9946 0 Votes
 8th of Jan, 2011 by   HA9946 0 Votes
Same thing happened to me. I was was charged $74.99 twice, paid to "MICROSOFT *XBOX ####### WA...I had to stop my card and I am now waiting for my new card... I have no idea how these people got my card number maybe from online shopping. I still need to file a dispute with my bank but I'm sure I'll end up eating it. I think from now on I will use paypal and never ever use my debit for online shopping again.
 8th of Jan, 2011 by   stevejchi 0 Votes
Same thing happened to me. I was was charged $74.99 three times consecutively, then three more times with amount $00. Fortunately I saw it early enough in the day (noon) to call Bank of America to block the card, then go to my local branch and get a temporary card. They are open till 2:00. A similar situation happened a few months ago with another fraud operation, again I was able to pick up a temporary card. But this has gotten alarming.
 12th of Jan, 2011 by   melissa shaw 0 Votes
This just happened to me. 3 charges for 81.19!!! Three times!!! From 'Microsoft XBOX livebill.xbox.com'. Called my bank. Had to cancel my debit card. Going to get a temporary. Will never use card to buy online again! May not even be from online buying...could be from a restaurant where I used my debit. Who knows. Going to try to use cash as much as I can!!!
 12th of Jan, 2011 by   blanford 0 Votes
Fraudulent charges of $77.99 were debited to my checking account three times by MICROSOFT *XBOX LIVE BILL.XBOX.COM WA. I placed no orders with this company. I would like these charges removed from my bank account as soon as possible. I may be contacted via my email address at blanford1950@cox.net.
 12th of Jan, 2011 by   iamaware +1 Votes
This just happened to me. Three charges of $74.99 each are processing coming through tonight. Called my bank - which is Bank of America and canceled my card. I just used it online at Vista Print & Paypal and at McDonalds & Target. I just received an email this week about not using your card at restaurants, because waiters/waitresses are taking a picture of it with a phone and then using it. Two friends had this happen this month.
 12th of Jan, 2011 by   iamaware 0 Votes
I see about that one other person used their card at Target. How about everyone else?
 12th of Jan, 2011 by   iamaware 0 Votes
Credit Card Skimmers Target Gasoline Pump Point of Sale Users http://www.suite101.com/content/card-skimmers-target-gasoline-pump-point-of-sale-users-a279749#ixzz1ArrHs6gx
 14th of Jan, 2011 by   sshoru01 +1 Votes
I had the same charges in my account today spend hours on the phone with microsoft. My bank was ready to remove the hold from my account but Microsoft will not give them the authorization code. Even though I was informed that if I got the bank on the other line they will help. They just kept hanging up. I have charges totalling $200 on my acct. This is fraud on microsoft's part too.
 15th of Jan, 2011 by   peewee666 0 Votes
u guys need to call xbox at 1 800 469 9269. U will talk to several people before u get to billings. Once u talk to billings he/she will tell u that someone has stolen ur creditcard number and purchace 6000 $$74.99 or 4000 $$ 49.99 microsoft points. U need to do this so they can flag those account and have the banks filed fraudulent charges so xbox and the bank can go after this sons of guns. good luck people!!
 15th of Jan, 2011 by   peewee666 0 Votes
oh i forgot to tell u all that this has nothing to do with u guys using ur debit/credit cards out in the world. I think they steal ur info once u create a xbox live account. so WATCH OUT !!!

Quick Tips for Saving Time & Money