Microsoft Corporations

E-mail lottery

4.6
Microsoft Corporations
England, Greater London, United Kingdom
I am receving e-mail as under. This seems to be fake mail. Kindly do the needful.
...Friday, 24 October, 2008 10:37 AM
From: "Microsoft Lottery Promo" <customercare@hotmail.com>Add sender to Contacts To: undisclosed-recipientsMicrosoft Corporations:
Wrights Lane,
Kensington London W85SP,
England UNITED KINGDOM
REFERENCE NO: MLY-Y/250-450890
BATCH NO: 450THL#2008

OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION.

It is obvious that this notification will come to you as a surprise but please find time to read it carefully as we congratulate you over your success in the following official publication of results of the E-mail electronic online Sweepstakes organized by Microsoft, in conjunction with the foundation for the promotion of software products, (F.P.S.) held this October 2008.

Where in your email address emerged as one of the online Winning emails in the 2nd category and therefore attracted a cash award o 450.000.00 (Four Hundred and Fifty Thousand pounds sterling) Our winners are arranged into four categories with different winning prizes accordingly in each category. They are arranged in this format below: These are your identification numbers:-

CATEGORY NO.OF WINNERS WINNING PRIZES
1st. 2 600, 000.00 pounds each
2nd 8 450.000.00 pounds each
3rd. 13 250, 000.00 pounds each
4th. 27 170, 000.00 pounds each

We write to officially notify you of this award and to advise you to contact the processing office immediately upon receipt of this message for more information
concerning the verification, processing and eventual payment of the above prize to you. It is important to note that your award information was released with the following
particulars attached to it.

(1) Award numbers: MLAT#2008
(2) Email ticket numbers: 1587-5896-4598-87,
(3) Batch numbers: 450THL#2008
(4) The file reference numbers: MLY-Y/250-450890
{5} Serial Numbers: McST/776/ML10101

VERIFICATION AND FUNDS RELEASE FORM.
(1) Full Names:
(2) Tel/Fax numbers:
(3) Nationality/Country:
(4) Current Contact address:
(5) Sex:
{6} Age:
{7} Occupation:
(8) Your Preferred Method Of Receiving Your Prize(From Below) Mode Of Prize Remittance.
(1)Cash Pick-Up (You coming Down to United Kingdom Personally to Pick Your Prize).

(2)Courier Delivery Of your Certified Winning Cheque Name and other Winning Documents safely to you.

To file for your claim, Please contact your Validating Officer for VALIDATION of your winning within Twenty-nine working days of this winning notification.
Winnings that are not validated within Twenty-nine working days of winning notification are termed void and invalid. You are required to mention the above
particulars of your award in every correspondence to enable the Agent validate your winning.
*******************************************************************
FOREIGN TRANSFER MANAGER
MICROSOFT SECURITY DEPARTMENT (UK).
M.S.PRO. ZONAL COORDINATOR
Name: Sir Adams Farwell
E-mail: microxpclaimsdept@hotmail.com
Tel : +44-7045774100
********************************************************************

The Microsoft Internet E-mail lottery Awards is sponsored by our CEO/Chairman, Bill Gates and a consortium of software promotion companies.The Intel Group, Toshiba, Dell Computers and other International Companies. The Microsoft internet E-mail draw is held periodically and is organized to encourage the use of the Internet and promote computer literacyworldwide.

Once again on behalf of all our staff,
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Sincerely,
Microsoft Promotion Department
M.S Pro. Zonal Coodinator.

Complaint comments Comments (34) Complaint country United Kingdom Complaint category Scam & Fake Checks

Comments

London
United Kingdom
Phone: +44 701 113 4155
mr_richardschooles@msn.com

Thanks for taking the tine to address this complaint.

I would like to know if there is any truth is this offer or is it another one of these scams.

MCS-26799/097 software products, (F.P.S)
 3rd of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
grey_fox32@yahoo.com

From: Microsoft Email Award Promo,
UK Roger Needham Building
7 JJ Thomson Ave
Cambridge CB3 0FB UNITED KINGDOM.
Tel:+447031936841

Attention Winner,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. This is to inform you that your winning sum has just been sent to you via western union money transfer and you are to verify this on the western union money transfer website for confirmation. See the western union website for confirmation of the transfer of your winnings via western union:

Sender First Name: Wilbert
Sender Last Name: Breymeier
The MTCN# is 3751290897

For confirmation of the transfer of your winning funds to you, you are advise to track the funds online using the western union site for confirmation. After tracking of the funds, you are advise to locate any western closer to you for pick up. After check of status, you would see it written boldly Available for pick up by receiver which means you can now go to any western union office close to you for pick up but, before the pick up you are required to pay for the cost of transfer and the tax clearance by the HSBC LOCAL BANK as it could not be deducted from your won funds.

The cost of Transfer and clearance fee is £600.00 ( Six Hundred pounds ). and you are also advise to locate any western union close to you and make the payment to the account our account officer with the below information:

Mrs. Larry Brown
Address: 15 embassy way London, UK.

After making the payment, you are to send the following information via email as they appear on western union transfer slip:

1. Sender's Full Name:
2. Sender's Address:
3. Amount sent
4. Western Union Control Number MTCN
5. Text question and Answer

There must be text question and answer and the question must be "color" and answer must be "Black"

Notice: your won funds is now ready for you to pick it up but you can not do that until we send to you the text question and answer which you will also see on the western union form as you proceed to send the £600.00 ( Six Hundred pounds ) to our account officer and mail the transfer information to us via mail. You are advise to be very careful with your winning information and do not disclose to anyone even the western union agent until we send you the text question and answer after you must have send to us the £600.00 ( Six Hundred pounds ).

Once again, Congratulations to you and your lucky family.

Sincerely,
Mr. Lesley Kenneth Jr
Promotion Director
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------... />
I have also receive this mail from them and i don't think that this is true how can they allow this Scam!
 6th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
i am receivd e-mail from microsoft award lottery 2008
im won 500, 000.00 GBP . im recivd this mail from :
mr.wouter miller, this is really ?
my address mail : a-torfi@hotmail.com
lucky number :887-13-865-37-10-83
pls help me, thanks
 7th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
Microsoft Word International Promotions Department,
Mword Lottery, United Kingdom.
E-mail: msw.georgegrey07@hotmail.com
Phone:+447031964305 or +447031908604
BATCH: 7653MSW/WIN
REF NO: MSW/78A-843BH/B
FBI VERIFICATION No: fbi/msw/verified/000345

Today, we announce the winners of the MICROSOFT MEGA JACKPOT LOTTO WINNINGS
PROGRAMS held on 10th, SEPTEMBER 2008. Your company or your personal e-mail
address, attached to winning number 63-96-03-67-56-430, with serial number
674432, consequently won in the Fifth lottery category.

Do contact the email address below for further Clarifications and to Claim the
Award Sum of 5.5 Million Great British Pounds which was awarded to you in a
Personality Test Program held to Honor our Customers. Your email address
emerged as one of our winners through our Microsoft Random Email Balloting
System.

Microsoft International Promotion
Mr George Grey
Director Microsoft Promotion Team.
Contact Email: msw.georgegrey07@hotmail.com

Do email the above email address at once with all the claims requirements
below, in order to avoid unnecessary delays and complications.

Full Name:
Address:
Telephone:
Occupation:
Age:

NOTE: You are to contact your claims officer immediately by email
(msw.georgegrey07@hotmail.com)

Copyright © 1991-2008.
MICROSOFT CO-OPERATION
SPONSORS: MICROSOFT CO-OPERATION INTERNATIONAL, SKY LINK DELIVERY FIRM, LIVE
MAIL.COM, HSBC BANK UNITED KINGDOM.
 7th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
Wouldnt it be nice to win 5.5 million great british pound, whilst I dont really care if this is a scam, because if I did win they can send me the check and deduct and cost from the winning sum, but if microsoft allow these scammers to access my email address then they should be responsible to compensate me.

It is up to the Microsoft Co-operation to control their site and investigate these promotions for their customers, who of no fault of thier own are led to believe they have won.
 9th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
hi
i received the email you win 1, 000, 000, 00 (one hundred million britain pounds)
for microsoft lottery award
and plz send your name, location, occupation, etc ...
after reply they tell me i sent 300 pounds sent via westren money plz inform me is it sure. or gambling

thanks
from
sheikh muhammad umair
shmumair@hotmail.com
 15th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
I'm prophetic, I received that I won 500000.00 GBP * Do not go to them or help me in your opinion
 16th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
i have also recieved the same email from microsoft awards 2008 thing! just yesterday..n i was wondering if this is true or just an internet scam..
ive already given sum personal information...but now they're asking for my banking details..
IS THIS ALL TRUE? MICROSOFT SHOULD ACT ON THIS..STOP THE SCAM!
 30th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
On 2 Oct. 2008 you (Microsoft Promotion Award) email me that I have won a mony prize 50000.00 GBP. in this email they asked to claim. I have cliamed with the give ref. no. batch no. etc. through email and posted manually as well. but the postal letter has been returned me because the address is wrong. what a hell is this.
I email again and agian to tell me the won prize and courier having my cheque.

Qamar Abbas
IT/CS Teacher
Govt. Comprehensive school,
Gujrat, Pakistan
 3rd of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
Well I was wondering if this was a scam or not...sent some info but decide to google afterward and glad I haven't sent anymore info.

Here is what I got in my email:

Subject: Microsoft Word Lottery Team: Your Email Has Won 5.5 Million Pounds: From: Hannaford, Lauren Sent: Sunday, November 02, 2008 8:13:58 PM To: Undisclosed:;
Microsoft Word International Promotions Department, Mword Lottery, United Kingdom. E-mail: msw.georgegrey14@hotmail.com Phone:+447031964305 or +447031908604

BATCH: 7653MSW/WIN REF NO: MSW/78A-843BH/B FBI VERIFICATION No: fbi/msw/verified/000345 Today, we announce the winners of the MICROSOFT MEGA JACKPOT LOTTO WINNINGS PROGRAMS held on 30 th, OCTOBER 2008. Your company or your personal e-mail address, attached to winning number 63-96-03-67-56-430, with serial number 674432, consequently won in the Fifth lottery category. Do contact the email address below for further Clarifications and to Claim the Award Sum of 5.5 Million Great British Pounds which was awarded to you in a Personality Test Program held to Honor our Customers. Your email address emerged as one of our winners through our Microsoft Random Email Balloting System. Microsoft International Promotion Mr George Grey Director Microsoft Promotion Team. Contact Email: msw.georgegrey14@hotmail.com

Do email the above email address at once with all the claims requirements below, in order to avoid unnecessary delays and complications. Full Name: Address: Telephone: Occupation: Age: NOTE: You are to contact your claims officer immediately by email (msw.georgegrey14@hotmail.com) Copyright © 1991-2008. MICROSOFT CO-OPERATION SPONSORS: MICROSOFT CO-OPERATION INTERNATIONAL, SKY LINK DELIVERY FIRM, LIVE MAIL.COM, HSBC BANK UNITED KINGDOM.
 3rd of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
Also, if you look at the winning #'s in Robert Elliott posting you will see they are the same as mine!!!
 4th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
I have the sem email my email is 5.5m
 6th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
i have a email where is write that i won 5.500.000 milion pounds

what must i do ?
 9th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
this lottery is real?can somebody help me to believe that i am not dreaming?thanks before
 11th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
These are SCAM/SPAMS and they have it worked out to a T. Can anyone Picture Microsoft giving away this amount of money I think not. It is about time Microsoft Did something to clear their name and get the Police involved in these SCAMS and Jail the persons involved.
 13th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
I received a similar email. Out of curiousity, I went so far as to even call the int'l # that was provided. And the operator was unprofessional (answered the phone like "hello", when I asked for the rep name that was listed on the email, he was like "yeah", sounded like he was reading from a script and like someone was coaching/telling him what to say. They didn't even have a British accent, more Hispanic. I kept asking about the validity of the email and where was he located, he never answered the questions. He kept saying he would send a follow up email on what to do next, which he did, but that emailed started asking for banking info and a copy of a liscense. I was like oh heck no. I did a live chat w/ a rep under the Microsoft official website and they said this was a scam, Microsoft is not sponsoring anykind of giveway/sweepstakes or award or drawing of cash prizes in any way. In the back of my head I knew but the email that was sent from these scammers was well thought out and made it really sound official. Oh well, would have been nice and just in time for X-mas.
 16th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
What makes it so hard for me, is because I did not even have the money they asked me to send. I had to burrow the whole $520.00 US from my cousin, and promised I will re-pay her very soon. I am so hurt; What can I do?
 18th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
I have received the same hoax e-mail, purportedly from Microsoft Corporation Kensington :
Microsoft Corporations:
Wrights Lane,
Kensington London W85SP,
England UNITED KINGDOM
FILE REF: HL/5564/06/07/MICS
BATCH: MC11/834/5PDH /EU

OFFICIAL WINNING NOTIFICATION.

It is obvious that this notification will come to you as a surprise but
please find time to read it carefully as we Congratulate you over your
success in the following official publication of results of the E-mail
electronic online Sweepstakes organized by Microsoft Uk, in conjunction with
the Foundation for the Promotion of Software Products, (F.P.S.) held On Nov.
17th 2008, here in London UK.Where in your email address emerged as one of
the online Winning emails in the 2nd Category and therefore attracted a cash
award of £350.000.00 (Three Hundred and Fifty Thousand British Pounds
Sterling) Our winners are arranged into four categories with different winning
prizes accordingly in each category. They are arranged in this format below:

These are your identification numbers: - MSC/345-WINDOWS/08

CATEGORY NO.OF WINNERS WINNING PRIZES
1st. 2 £ 500, 000.00 Pounds Each
2nd. 8 £ 350, 000.00 Pounds Each
3rd. 13 £ 250, 000.00 Pounds Each
4th. 27 £ 170, 000.00 Pounds Each

We write to officially notify you of this award and to advise you to contact
the processing office immediately upon receipt of this message for more
information concerning the verification, processing and eventual payment of
the above prize to you.

It is important to note that your award information was released with the
following particulars attached to it.

(1) Award numbers: NL 56/7766
(2) Email ticket numbers: EAASL-130877
(3) Batch numbers: MC11/834/8PDH /EU
(4) The file reference numbers: HL/5574/41/07/MICS
{5} Serial Numbers: McST/006/NL46560

For verification purpose is sure to include:

(1) Your contact address.
(2) Your Tel/Fax numbers.
(3) Your Nationality/Country.
(4) Your Full Names.
(5) Sex.
(6) Occupation.
(7) Your Preferred Method of Receiving Your Price (From Below)

Mode of Price Remittance.

(1)Cash Pick-Up (You coming Down to Uk Personally to Pick Your Price).

(2)Courier Delivery Of your Certified Winning Cheque Name and other Winning
Documents safely to you.

To file for your claim, Please contact your Validating Officer for
VALIDATION of your winning within Twenty-nine working days of this winning
notification. Winnings that are not validated within Twenty-nine working
days of winning notification are termed void and invalid. You are required
to mention the above particulars of your award in every correspondence to enable
the Agent validate your winning.

CONTACT:
*******************************************************************
FOREIGN CLAIM MANAGER
DR.FRANK BRAIN
MICROSOFT SECURITY DEPARTMENT (UK).
Phone: +447035914433
FAX: +44 701 113 4155
E-mail:Managerclaims@hotmail.com
********************************************************************
 26th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
i recieved the very same e-mail the other day. what should i do
 27th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
oh my god! i cant believe it! please tell me is that true or not?! Am I won 150000000$???????

Microsoft Corporation Logo Microsoft Corporation