logo

Fraudalent Practices

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Metro PCS Complaints & Reviews - Unauthorized over charges, no customer service!

Metro PCS Contacts & Informations

Metro PCS

Posted:    Melissa

Unauthorized over charges, no customer service!

I used to have 2 metro pcs phones.

I called 2 weeks before my cycle ended, so it would give the Metro PCS people enough time to have the necessary 24 - 72 hours to update the info.

over 1000 hours have passed and they charged me for 2 phones.

Customer Service is a JOKE! You can NEVER get a helpful person. You always get a different answer every time you call back.

I am told that Metro PCS Customer Service is NOT permitted to call back customers, NOT permitted to give out contact information to corporate, NOT permitted to follow through with a customer complaint.

I am told that even though METRO PCS is supposed to be a flat fee, same fee every single month, they can over charge when they want to, and I am told that I am NOT permitted to have a refund or credit for the overcharge because, "what's done is done."

They continue to charge me different amounts every month.

They have had well over 1000 hours to contact me and have refused to do so.

Anyone know any real contact information to Metro PCS Corporate, or to someone other than those dumb customer service reps that provide absolutely NO CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Please reply with info, if you know it.
Comments United States Mobile & Cell Phones
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

25th of Jun, 2007 by   Daniel McAllister 0 Votes
MetroPCS Customer Service is available online (so long as all you want to do is buy something), or on the phone (so long as you just want to use the automated attendant, which will remind you over and over again when your bill is due).

The key here is to tell the system that you want to "activate a phone" - wherein they will finally transfer you to a person.

Not that that is always helpful - their customer service personnel apparently go through only a very cursory training. I've twice had people that couldn't do anything without asking a supervisor for help. And I even recently had a supervisor that refused to allow me to speak to HER supervisor (that got them an FCC complaint from me!).

Overall, the cellular service is average, and the price cannot be beat. My suggestion is, if you want GREAT customer service, pick a provider that isn't trying to shave every penny to make a profit!
 11th of Sep, 2007 by   LUIS FERRER +1 Votes
Customer service is a joke.
 7th of Mar, 2008 by   raebee +1 Votes
I noticed in my searches that MetroPCS holds its corporate offices in Dallas, TX. Specifically on Walnut Hill Ln... Suite 600. They ALSO have a customer service office @ 8144 Walnut Hill Ln, Suite 800 Dallas, TX 75231-4345. Pnone number 214-265-2550. I am sure that a branch of the corporate offices HAS to be located in that SAME building. All you need to do is call that phone number, make up a name and, when a rep comes online, company you are with, and apologize and say something to the effect of "I had asked to be connected to Suite 600. Can you transfer me back downstairs, please ?" Something to that effect SHOULD, in theory, get you transferred BACK downstairs. From there, maintain a calm air and ask for suite 600. When transferred to the receptionist there, explain CALMLY that you need to speak with someone in corporate relations within suite 600. I am sure that with the right savvy, you could worm your way into an office where someone with some clout will hear your plea and set things right. The first go- around may or may not get positive results. So I suggest practicing your patter, maybe in front of a mirror or just walking around your house, until you get it sounding somewhat professional.

If you want to play THEIR game, you need to play by THEIR rules .
 7th of Mar, 2008 by   raebee +1 Votes
I noticed in my searches that MetroPCS holds its corporate offices in Dallas, TX. Specifically on Walnut Hill Ln...Suite 600. They ALSO have a customer service office @ 8144 Walnut Hill Ln, Suite 800 Dallas, TX 75231-4345. Pnone number 214-265-2550. I am sure that a branch of the corporate offices HAS to be located in that SAME building. All you need to do is call that phone number, make up a name and company you are with, and when a rep comes online, apologize and say something to the effect of "I had asked to be connected to Suite 600. Can you transfer me back downstairs, please ?" Something to that effect SHOULD, in theory, get you transferred BACK downstairs. From there, maintain a calm air and ask for suite 600. When transferred to the receptionist there, explain CALMLY that you need to speak with someone in corporate relations within suite 600. I am sure that with the right savvy, you could worm your way into an office where someone with some clout will hear your plea and set things right. The first go- around may or may not get positive results. So I suggest practicing your patter, maybe in front of a mirror or just walking around your house, until you get it sounding somewhat professional.

If you want to play THEIR game, you need to play by THEIR rules .

EDITED FOR TYPOS... SORRY.
 7th of May, 2008 by   Jonathan +1 Votes
How terrible Metro PCS!!! How about that customer service? If you love talking to an endless loop of teleprompts that lead to NOWHEREand never give the option of speaking to a human, then this is the right company for you. Everyone else, stay far, far away from this dive.
 30th of Jul, 2008 by   amber +1 Votes
I bought 4 phones from metro Pcs.com, on the 15th of the month under the impression that I would have the phones in 3-5 days. It is now the 30th of the month My credit card was charged 471.00, and No phones. Every time I call they tell me sorry our company does not handle this type of complaint. all the numbers they give me to call are invalid. And nobody can help me. Very frustrated.
 30th of Jul, 2008 by   J. Bentley +1 Votes
BASTARDS STOLE FROM ME!!!
 31st of Jul, 2008 by   Vee +1 Votes
Well I did some research on Metro PCS and it's VP Of Corportae Operations is Mr. Braxton Carter @ Veri Sign . Their number is -650-961-7500. Maybe that can help someone because I will sure try tomorrow for a formal compaint also.
 14th of Aug, 2008 by   Bren Jobe +1 Votes
My speaker went out in my phone less than a month after I purchased it - I went to 4 different stores (including a so-called corporate store) located off Town East Blvd. beside the Mattress Giant. These are the rudest most aragant terrible people I have ever encountered! These people are scams! The authorized dealers can only take your money for your monthly bill and sell you a new phone - dont even think about getting anything else from them or believing any policy they may spew out - they either are too ignorant to know or they are just trying to get rid of you - either way - Metro PCS would grant ANYONE a dealership - THEY DONT CARE ABOUT YOU AS THEIR CUSTOMER - REMEMBER THIS!
 21st of Aug, 2008 by   Gersh Lemberger +1 Votes
I bought a Metr PCS phone at their store located at 700N. Imperial Hwy, #103. I had a Phone number that I had for years ported in for this phone. I did this trans action om 7/19/08.

I was told that I would be able to make outgoing calls immediatly and that I would recrive incomming calls in a day or two. The phone didn't make out going calls and I called Customer Service at *611, it only took 50 minutes to get to speak with a human being and to be informed that the phone wouldn't work until the new number was ported in. Within a week my wife, who was using the phone, decided that she wanted another model. Upon presenting the phone at the store she was told that it couldn't be exchanged because it had more that an hour of use.

The first bill apparently was due on August, 19. We learned this because the phone stopped working. I again called to Customer Service, better called Customer Abuse, again it took more than an hour to speak with a person. I was aked for a pass word, I have none, I was asked for my name, apparently I got it wrong, I was asked for my address and was told that I had gotten my State and Zip Code Wrong, I was asked for my home phone number and I missed that one too.

Because Customer abuse was not able to verify my information I was told that they couldn't tell me the amount of my bill, but they would accept a credit card for an open payment. Yea sure,
just the folks that I want to trust.

I will go to the Metropcs store tomorrow and try to grt this straight.

I bet that if all of us whi have encountered this abuse were to file a class action suit we could prevail. Interesred? E-mail me
 25th of Aug, 2008 by   catsphone +1 Votes
To Whom it May Concern:

On August 8, 2008, I purchased "roaming minutes" and paid $53.00 for this feature. My phone number was 954-601-6143. I was driving from Pompano beach to Indianapolis and knew that MetroPCS would not work after I got off the turnpike by Ocala. And I wanted a phone since i was traveling byself. To my dismay, the MetroPCS phone would not work. I had to get off the interstate and find a pay phone, and call MetroPCS. I was in tears, the the customer service rep told me that I should have activated my phone in Pompano Beach and there was nothing she could do. I then asked her to please refund my $53.00, which she said she would do and took all my information. I did not write down her id number as I was crying and on a phonepay. Needless to say, I was very upset. Since I could not drive all the way back to Pompano Beach, my only other option was to purchase another phone, which I did.
I have tried calling MetroPCS numerous times and all they can say is I'm sorry there is nothing we can do your phone is deactivated.
All I want is my $53.00 refund. Which I feel that I'm due. I paid MetroPCS for something that I never received. And here is the recipt to show that I did in fact pay for the services.
Sincerely,
 25th of Aug, 2008 by   Sazzad 0 Votes

No Signal/ No customer Service - Metro PCS

No signal no customer service just westing my money
 22nd of Sep, 2008 by   WE DESERVE BETTER +1 Votes
Let them know how you feel

Greg Pressly
Vice President - Customer Care
+1.214.265.2550
gpressly@metropcs.com

MetroPCS Communications, Inc. 8144 Walnut Hill Ln Ste 800
Dallas, TX 75231-4345
USA
 7th of Oct, 2008 by   Shan +1 Votes
i ORDERED A PHONE ONLINE FOR SOMEONE ELSE AND I DIDNT GET SHIPPING CONFIRMATION OR EVEN A INVOICE FOR THE PURCHASE THE CHARGE IS NOW PENDING ON MY CREDIT CARD AND I HAVE NO RECORD OF PURCHASING THIS PHONE BESIDES MY CREDIT CARD. WHEN I PURCHASED THE PHONE I WAS TOLD TO PRINT AN EMPTY PAGE AND TAKE IT TO A STORE. IM IN ANOTHER COUNTRY AND THERE IS NO METROPCS STORES HERE. ONE RETARD TOLD ME TO GO TO THE CORPORATE STORE IF I WANTED TO TALK TO CORPORATE. NO ONE WOULD GIVE ME THE NUMBER TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE. MOST CLAIMED THERE WASNT ONE. THIS IS REALLY RIDICULOUS. I JUST WANT MY MONEY OR THE PHONE. THEY KEPT TRANSFERRING ME TO BILL MATRIX AND THEY ONLY DEAL WITH THE BILLS. AND ONE OF THE SUPERVISORS HUNG UP THE PHONE. AND NOW SOMEONE ELSE JUST HUNG UP THE PHONE. SOMEONE WILL HELP ME EVENTUALLY I WILL CONTINUE TO CALL UNITL THEY DO. NEVER ORDER PHONES ON METROPCS.COM YOU WILL GET SCREWED.
 16th of Oct, 2008 by   REBECCA +1 Votes
I spoke to FIDEL (id # 10801) in the california call center over the phone. Rudest person ever, he even laughed at me at one point when I was asking for a refund stating that I didnt think they should charge a "convenience" fee when they mistakingly credited the money to next months payment (when I just paid it in FULL). All i asked was for my convenience fee back for the INCONVENIENCE they caused me. All i got were a bunch of rude employees who could only keep apologizing rather than fixing their mistake. The supervisor kept saying he couldnt provide me with his supervisors info because he had no supervisor. couldnt even provide me with a number to corporate. only an address.

PO BOX 601119 DALLAS TX 75360
 25th of Oct, 2008 by   Madashell +1 Votes
It is a shame companies get away with this. I agree with all the comments made. I wonder if the BBB has information on Metro P------of-S---t. I wonder if their is a regulatory agency to contact to complain about them. I attempted to make a payment on line. I could not give my money to them if I wanted to. They make it so difficult and complicated. After clicking the submit payment on their website the screen said unable to display page? A supervisor said she has never had a complaint in all the years she has worked their and never heard of any customer unable to use their website to make a payment? She advised me to try it again which I did. The same thing happened two more times. Each time she assured me the payment did not go through unless it showed me a confirmation code for payment made and processed. Then the website gave me a warning and read unable to proceed because too many payments were made during this billing cycle? What?! This woman told me in 5 seconds she would not have access to my account due to maintenance issues with their computer system? She said I would need to speak with Billmatrix because they process all of their payments? She said some one is available now to speak with me. She wanted to get me off the phone as soon as possible. It was obvious. So I called Billmatrix as instructed. Could you believe a recording said no one is available to take your call and to call during normal business hours Monday through Friday?! She told me she was the customer service supervisor in the Philippines. DUH, What in the world does the corporate VPs and CEO do in this company?! Sounds to me and many people they are not interested in anything besides making as much money off us as they can, bottom line. Buyer beware. I rather pay more for good customer service. This company attracted me for the fact that they have not contract to sign and unlimited call time. Sounds good on the surface, but don't expect any customer service from this company. No Way. Minimum wage workers? It is sad to think about it.
 30th of Oct, 2008 by   rodney dyer 0 Votes
I never get service in my own home its worthless just weasting ur money. The last place I expect not to get service is my home.
 4th of Nov, 2008 by   imperial +1 Votes
I'VE BEEN WITH METRO FOR A WHILE NOW I THOUGHT THE SERVICE WOULD GET A LITTLE BETTER.HOWEVER THAT'S NOT THE CASE METRO HAS TAKEN PAYMENT THEN TURNED OFF MY SERVICE!!THEN I BOUGHT A BRAND NEW PHONE WITH INSURANCE BUT THEY DIDN'T HOLD UP TO THEIR AGREEMENT, IF ASKED TO SPEAK TO A SUPERVISOR I GET ALL KIND OF REASONS WHY I CAN NOT SPEAK TO ONE.IT'S NOT HELPFUL TO MYSELF AND OTHERS TO PAY OUR MONEY FOR A HALF DISRESPCTFUL SERVICE. I WOULD LIKE IT SOMEONE CAN CONTACT ME ABOUT THIS SITUATION AS SOON AS POSIBLE PLEASE. MY NEXT STEP IS THE LOCAL NEWS THEN IT WILL BE NATION WIDE NEWS I'LL COMPLAIN TO ABOUT THIS PROBLEM TO SO PLEASE CONTACT ME AT 407-351-4138HOME OR 407-879-3707 CELL THANK YOU
 29th of Nov, 2008 by   Maurice Correa 0 Votes
Calls continue to drop more and more. Connection quality is has gotten worst with time. Is this company is going to ever offer g3 or even now g4 service.
 28th of Jan, 2009 by   John D. +1 Votes
I TOO AM AT WITS END WITH METRO. I SWITCHED PHONES AND HAD THEM FLASH A NEW ONE. MY TEXT MESSAGES ARE ONLY WORKING TO OTHER METRO PCS USERS. WELL CONSIDERING THATS ONLY 3 OUT OF ABOUT 100 CONTACTS THAT CREATES A PROBLEM. WELL AFTER 3 SOFT RESETS AND A MAJOR REST THAT TOOK 24-72 HOURS STILL, YOU GUESSED IT NOT WORKING. THE ONE WAY CAN YOU CAN TALK TO A CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT IS TELL THE AUTOMATED PHONE YOU WOULD LIKE TO ACTIVATE A PHONE. GO FIGURE IF IT IS MAKING MONEY, LIKE A NEW CUSTOMER, PRESTO THEY ANSWER. HOWEVER, THEY ARE NOT HELPFUL THEY JUST KEEP TELLING ME THE SAME THING. SO AFTER ABOUT 5 HOURS I GOT A DIFFERENT ANSWER FROM WILL ID# 26657. HE SAID THE METRO DOES NOT GUARANTEE ANY TEXT MESSAGES TO NON METRO USERS. AWESOME, I WONDER WHY THEY DON'T ADVERTISE THAT ON THEIR T.V. COMMERCIALS. WHAT A JOKE. TO SAVE MONEY IS TO GET CRAPPY SERVICE.

Forced Arbitration Fading