logo

Cash for Laptops
Price Scam & Damaged Laptop
3. (38 mins ago)
tnbillinfo INTERNET and TNW.BILL.COM VALETTa
Unauthorised amounts being billed to my account
4. (41 mins ago)

Posted:    Sherry Van TAssel

Appeal Denial

Metlife
Utah
Everyone that I have talked to at my place of business who has had dealings with Metlife has had problems.

I was off work with what they thought were heart problems but turned out to be my gallbladder. I had surgery and my Dr. did send Metlife the information. After my surgery I came down with pancreatitis and was back in the hospital. While I was in the hospital Metlife called me and told me I had to have all my info in by 5:00 that day. Mind you, I am in the hospital with IV's and pain meds in my system. I explained this to them but they did not care and would not grant me an extension. It was like too bad we need it and I don't care if you are in the hospital.

I had to appeal and they denied my appeal because I have a job where I sit all day and they say I can perform my duties. Even though I have recurring pancreatitis and letters from my Doctor saying it would be detrimental to my health to be working during those times, Metlife just does not care. They say I can be on the phone with a customer for 20 min to an hour and take care of them even though I am throwing up and have diahrrea.

I lost my job because of the denied appeal from Metlife. My place of employment says that because of Metlife's denial that I have over 400 hours of unaccounted time off. They do not care that I have Doctor letters. All they care about is what Metlife says. You can never get the same answer from anyone you talk to at Metlife. Why do we have STD insurance when you cannot use it when you are really ill????
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

15th of Jun, 2011 by   drebjacs 0 Votes
I am in a similar situation with Metlife right now. I got hurt at work and the doctor had me stay home until I started physical therapy. I sprained and may have broken my ankle. Metlife won't pay me because "All I do is sit at a desk" at work. Well, the DOCTOR put me out of work. It is my belief that he went to school for MANY years to be a doctor. He has since returned me back to work with restrictions, i.e. leg raised to at least waist level and ice on my ankle for 15 minutes of every hour. My job will not accomodate me raising my leg and it takes about 20 minutes to get the ice as I am crutches and wearing a boot. I can not drive as it is my right ankle, so i am forced to take the bus. With no money because of no paycheck while I was off. To make it worse, I have 2 kids and a storage unit. I am going to lose everything we own in this world because I can not pay the storage. My dad has been helping me pay the hotel so we are not completely homeless, and I have been forced to get on food stamps. I feel like the worst parent in the world, because I got hurt and my kids have to go through this.
I call Metlife on a daily basis and they can not seem to get it through their heads. Who does Metlife think they are questioning a DOCTOR? Are you really that presumptuos to think you know more than he does? If that's the case, the next time I am hurt I will just go to the local Metlife office and skip the doctor.
 26th of Sep, 2011 by   Pebbles67 0 Votes
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU...Metlife is only good for collecting your Premiums, then you get hurt or sick and they treat you like $hit...I had a Head Trauma that has affected me in MANY ways, both physically and mentally. Instead of them looking at the "Whole Picture" of my medical problems, they just focused on the ones that were "Limited Disabilty" under my plan and STOPPED my payments. I am in an Appeal Process as we speak, and will involve my Attorney if needed. I feel like they do NOTHING but Harrass me all the time, wanting updated information. ALL my doctor's have provided them with info. stating that I am considered "Permanent Disabled" but they continue to ask for updated info. as to when my Doctor's can expect me to go back to work...What Employer will possibly hire me, considering I can only work a Max of 2 hours?? I advise EVERYONE to DECLINE their Coverage...Invest in a Comapny you can "Trust" to take care of you when you are in need of them.
 28th of Oct, 2011 by   Susie H. 0 Votes
My Mother is 90 years old To date I have made over 17 calls last month, ( and 9 calls to date this month) to Met Life and ARRP combined and my Mother still does not have any assistance, claims, adjusters, managers, R.N's.
I am truly beginning to think this is all a scam, and will cancel my own long term policy. Nothing is worth this much trouble, but I feel so bad that my Mother is in terrible health, she can barely get out of bed and these people have been terrible to work with. She has paid on this policy since 1991 and "trusted the system."
If I treated my clients like I have been treated at Met Life i would not have a job.
It is disgraceful to treat people in this manner.
I have a full time job and family and this has become a full time job for me as well. I have now turned this information over to the Insurance Commissioner and my next step is an attorney. I hope you all have better luck.
 14th of May, 2013 by   DisenchantedOne 0 Votes
I have been given the runaround regarding a request involving a life insurance policy I have had with MetLife for over 20 years. Despite my persistent phone calls and inquiries, all I get from the Sandy, Utah MetLife office are lies and also abrasive rudeness from a little weasel claiming to be their office manager. Had I known 20 years ago what I now know about MetLife, I would have never purchased life insurance from them! In the meantime, I will cancel the LongTerm Policy I have had for years with them - you know, the one they claimed they would never raise the rates on without my permission - yet now are raising the rates without my permission. Their behavior is abysmal!!

3 Ways to Clean Up Your Credit History