logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
Plenty of Fish
abusive dating site, removes profiles with no explanation, supports predators...
2. (15 mins ago)
SELLS DEADLY BIRDS WITH DISEASES
3. (17 mins ago)
birds by joe
Birds by joe sells birds that die
4. (22 mins ago)
RUNS BIRD MILL
5. (24 mins ago)
Hangzhou DongGou Trade co ltd
Fraudulent supplier

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Merimac Capital, Missouri City, Texas Complaints & Reviews - Non-authorized deduct from checking account

Merimac Capital Contacts & Informations

Merimac Capital

Posted:    Crystal Creations

Non-authorized deduct from checking account

Crystal Creations
3610 Pine Ct.
Missouri City, Texas
Phone: 713-530-9320
I unknowingly found out that the company I leased my equipment through had a non-cancelleable 48-month lease term -- supposedly.

Not even a week after obtaining my equipment I discovered a much cheaper way to process cards that made much more sense for my business. I thought I could cancel, and signed on with the new company with a knuckle buster system set up to call in my transactions from my personal cell phone -- not such a big deal as Merimac made it sound. They also insisted that I would have much higher fees with a knuckle-buster system. True, but the cost of the cheaper system far outweighs the monthly fees they are charging just to LEASE their equipment!

I SENT THE EQUIPMENT BACK, never opened it, never turned it on, never even processed a transaction. They are insisting that I am BOUND by the terms and that I must pay-off the remainder of my lease, even though I returned the equipment. This amounts to over $2, 700. The unit doesn't even cost this much if you purchase it out-right.

When I tried to put a stop-payment on the bankdraft, they reacted with debiting my bank account for $595, then again later for $795, all without telling me or giving me warning that they were going to do so.

In order to get this fraudulent activity to cease, I was forced to close that account and open a new one. When I did that it finally got their attention and they suddenly began to correspond with me in a much more calm manner, but still insist that if I don't pay that they have a right to take me to court.

I am now trying to get set up my online bill pay with payments that I send as I am able to pay them on a monthly basis. Do I even have an obligation to pay them anymore since I don't even have the equipment in my possession?!!
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

31st of Mar, 2009 by   daniel stone +1 Votes
I have the same problem with Merimac Capital. I thought I was purchasing my wireless terminal. I found out later after making payments for 1 year I was only leasing the equiptment. They told me I signed a contract to pay $71 per month for 48 months for a machine you can buy for around $1000.00. I found this out because when I missed one payment they charged my account $3500.00. I then started receiving calls that if I did not pay up they would turn this account into all the credit reporting agencys and ruin my credit. They call about every other day asking when I am going to pay. I closed down my bank account and found another processor.

Don't sign any contracts with this company!!!
 11th of May, 2009 by   mandy +1 Votes
that is the same thing that they told me that i was leaseing it for 1500 now they say it 2500 and if i return it it would go down to 1900 but i still have to pay 50.00 a month untill i am done paying for it and again DON'T SIGN ANY CONTRACTS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!
 18th of Nov, 2010 by   aboveawnings +2 Votes
The representan of First america payment sistem and
marimac capital, he came to my busines, talking very nice
about accep credit card, and before i sing the paper work, i ask
him if i can cancel at any time he said yes, after i call first
american sistem they toll me i can cancel any time, i call
marimac capital, they toll me you sing a lease for four year,
i toll them TRAVIS toll me i can cancel any time, they said nooo, finoly i cancel first american payment sistem, because
they send me a letter, by law you need pay this amount, and
i call the bank and i put stop payment on first america payment sistem, but in the same time, i cancel marimac copital, i diren't know, now they call me and they said can collec the money from the bank, now i need pay $1000 for the
machine. And TRAVIS took $155 for my cheking account and
he never toll me wy he took that money.VERY BAD EXPERIENCE
 9th of Dec, 2010 by   Michael E. Landon +2 Votes
I too was visited by a nice salesman who told me this device would cost me X amount plus a small fee per transaction from the CC companies. He lied when I asked him about any other fees, saying there were none. He lied to me about it being compellable. Lo and behold, deep in the pages of small print was the non-cancellation clause and the bit about an additional service fee that was more than twice what I had agreed to pay. This company makes deals based on FRAUD. Do not deal with Pete Miovar (the salesperson), AppStar (the middle-man company), or Merimac Capital. All three will promise you anything to make the sale and then drain you for every penny they can.
 21st of Mar, 2011 by   1ake-andy +1 Votes
it happen to metoo. the from Apex come to my business and promise that they will beat any merchant out there and also i can cancel this contract anytime. it's so sweet and i sign it.but it came out not like that even i paid alot more than my old merchant. i call them to discuss about this and they told me if i want to cancel this contract they are happy to do this. and late on they took $600 out of my account. i call them and they said that is a fee for close the account and they transfer me to merimac for return their equitment and i found out i cann't cancel this lease. either make monthly for the rest of the lease or pay them $4500 and return the equitment to them.
this is a big mistake i ever make. so i warn a people out there whom looking for merchant company please stay away Apex and Merimac Capital. they are scum and lier.
 14th of Sep, 2013 by   denverdoc +1 Votes
Happened to me as well. They did the same thing and took over 3000$ from my account w/o warning. I am trying to go to court with them.
 7th of Oct, 2013 by   Kevin McCreary +1 Votes
Happening to us as well. Can we sue for fraud? Was told I could cancel and return the machine at any time when we signed up. Is there a class action suite I can join?
 9th of Mar, 2014 by   Linda Liu +1 Votes
I strongly believe Merima Capital is a scam company and this company and its agents intentionally work together to cheat customers. They told us the equipment was free, but instead charged us for $70 monthly for 60 months. They took away $4
200 from my account. I want to sue them, but didn't have time at the moment.
 5th of Aug, 2014 by   Sue sue 0 Votes
This is so sad. it just happened to me, too. I really don't know what to do. they are threading me that they will take me to court if I don't pay about 22, 000$. I want to know if anyone of you paid or did they take you guys to the court? I am in the middle of this right now. help me out please! I went through Apex, the guy said, he will give us free paper and lowest rate. then they end up charging $800 out of my business account in August. soon, my business closed but the money could not flow around after they took that much money. now, Meirmac called said I can paid one time fee or around 800$ or 35$ monthly fee. I ask him to sent me the both bill statement then I will decide which one I will pay you when time come close. he never sent me any of the bill statement. just today, I received a letter in the mail he wanted over 2000$! a machine does not cost this much. please help me out I am so stress right now, and I really don't know what to do.

Internet Safety - Protecting Against Identity Theft