logo

1. (0 mins ago)
John Kenney
John Kenney is a CONFIRMED SCAMMER
2. (8 mins ago)
Evergreen & Associates Contractor Inc.
scam company
Check fraud

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Merchants Credit Guide Co., Chicago, Illinois Complaints & Reviews - Unsolicited phone calls

Merchants Credit Guide Co. Contacts & Informations

Merchants Credit Guide Co.

Posted:    Valentin

Unsolicited phone calls

Merchants Credit Guide Co.
223 W. Jackson Blvd. STE 4
Chicago, Illinois
Phone: 312-360-3000
merchantscreditguide.com
This company has been sending me letters to settle a debt that is 5 years old, just recently i received a call harassing me to pay them. The original debtor has already charged off the debt and now Merchants Credit Guide wants to collect it. I was actually considering paying them off because they were offering me to pay half of the debt. Good thing I checked my credit report and proceeded to checking that agency and leaded me to this site. Now that i have informed myself i will deal with them.
Comments United States Unsolicited Phone Calls
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of Apr, 2009 by   JCWashington 0 Votes
I received a letter stating I owed $300+ dollars and must pay immediately or set up a 3 payment plan. I contacted my phone service, which was noted as the original creditor. I was confused inasmuch as I have auto-pay with my phone company, so they take out payments each month automatically -- no bills to miss or payments to overlook. The phone company confirmed that I'm a VIP member, have not missed a payment since joining them, and they show no lapse in payment at any time. Further, they stated I would not be a VIP member had I ever been sent to collections. Further still, they stated they handle all collections in-house, and that my phone would have been shut off had my bill become delinquent to the point where their own credit department had to step in. Merchants Credit Guide Co. has to be a phishing scam. Regardless, I will be sending them a letter via snailmail, delivery receipt requested and will pursue the matter further in an attempt to find out if there is a Better Business Bureau or other agency that can investigate and ensure that Merchants Credit Guide Co. is legitimate.

Just How Smart Are Wall Street Pros?

Latest Groups