Enjoy all the features! Create an account or Sign In

Menards

Posted: 2011-06-28 by

Wrong Flooring

Menards
We were in the Menard's in Celina Ohio. This was our first time in a Menard's and a just looking trip ended up being a $350 purchase of flooring:. We were camping near by and couldnt take it with us so the next day we drove an hour and half home to turn around and drive back to pick up our flooring;. They had it plasic wrapped and on a skid for us when we arrived|. We got home, unwrapped it, and found out it was the wrong color". I have been told by Ray that we should have checked it before we left/. That means having it unwrapped and then waiting for someone to wrap it up again|. I guess in this economy that they can pick and choose who they compensate for their mistake?. Lowe's and Home Depot...you have our business.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Flooring Installation
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of Jul, 2011 by    0 Votes
JULY 21 2011.I RECEIVED AN EMAIL SAYING MY SPECIAL ORDER STORM DOOR WAS AT THE STORE FOR PICKUP. I ASKED A FRIEND WITH A TRUCK IF HE WOULD TAKE ME TO PICK IT UP.HE AGREED AND DROVE 30 MILES TO HELP ME OUT. I GAVE THE STORE EMPLOYEE MY ORDER FORM AND HE WENT TO FIND THE DOOR. HE GOT THE DOOR AND I HELPPED HIM LOAD IT ON THE TRUCK. I COMMENTED THAT THE BOX WAS AWFULL WIDE FOR MY 32 INCH DOOR, BUT HE ASSURED ME IT WAS THE RIGHT DOOR. I TOOK IT HOME UNLOADED IT AND SET THE BOX IN MY GARAGE AND MY FRIEND DROVE BACK HOME. LATER THAT DAY I STARTED TO UPACK THE DOOR AND IT WAS THE WRONG ONE. I CALLED TO COMPLAIN TO THE STORE MANAGER AND TLD THEM WHAT HAD HAPPENED AND TOLD THEM SINCE I DIDN'T HAVE A TRUCK I COULDN'T RETURN IT AND I ASKED THEM SINCE IT WAS THIER MISTAKE I FELT THEY SHOULD DELIVER IT FREE OF CHARGE. HE SAID HE COULD NOT DO THAT BECAUSE IT WAS MY RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE SURE I HAD THE RIGHT PACAGE BE FOR I LEFT THE SSTORE. THE STORE IS LOCATED IN KOKOMO INDIANA AND I ASSURED THEM THAT THEY WOULD NO LONGER RECEIVE ANY FURTHER BUSINESS FROM ME. THIS WAS THE THIRD SPECIAL ORDER DOOR I HAVE ORDERED FROM THEM IN THE PAST 10 MONTHS. I TRIED TO CALL THE CORPORATE OFFICE BUT THEY WON'T ANSWER THIER PHONE.

How Countrywide Profited on Foreclosures