logo

$37

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

members readers service, Lakewood, Ohio Complaints & Reviews - won't let me cancel

members readers service Contacts & Informations

po box 771747
Lakewood, Ohio
Phone: 1-800-860-7323
memberreaders.com
Hi my name is Shannon I've tryed many times in the past to cancel this they are very rude and say that no matter what we will not cancel they do not even try to listen to me when i say that i cannot afford it they say it doesn't matter its my money why don't i have a say in the recording they made me listen to it does not say that u can't cancel it says that we would like u to stay CAN ANYBODY HELP ME???
Comments United States Magazines & Newspapers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Sep, 2010 by   Upset in Seabrook 0 Votes
Call your bank and tell them that you wish to issue a chargeback. Once the company receives enough of them, they will stop charging you, as each chargeback costs them money.
 5th of Jan, 2011 by   Maitaku 0 Votes
I also find myself in the same situation. I was tricked into agreed by voice mail to this fraudsters. I do not want the membership anymore and they will not listen to me at all. Members Readers' Service is a scam and they trick you into signing up. Please help, how do I cancell this subscription as they are very very rude now because I simply can not afford it. I did not understand how what this meant.
 29th of Jan, 2011 by   Joy213 0 Votes
I am most unhappy with this company. I have a cronic nervous condition and am subject to panic attics when I am being harrassed. And this company has harrassed me in every way possible -they send bills out a couple times a month, they call as much as, and sometimes more than, 4 times a week. This has been going on for over six months. I am crippled and confined to a wheel chair. I don't always have the phone next to me, so it's difficult getting to the phone.
I am 68 years old. I cannot image in my wildest dreams that I would order magazines for $40.00 a month. I receive a small pension and I am very frugal. I barely have enough to go around. I do not remember accepting this offer and there is nothing wrong with my memory. They, in the most rude way posssible, tell me they have a recording, but I called my lawyer and he said that on the phone a verbal agreement is not binding. Plus I have heard my voice in another recording and it had been dubbed.
Last week, one of their people called and said she would work out an agreement plan for me and I could set my monthly payments. I again told her that I was not paying for something that I didn't even receive order. Yesterday a man called and told me to send a $50 payment by Monday. I simply told him that I didn't have the money. He hung up on me, as has happened many times before.
Is there something I can do about this impossible situation? I cannot take too much more - I am real close to a nervous breakdown. I've never in my life had a bill collector call me, let alone harrass me. Joy
 31st of Mar, 2011 by   Apissed off custemer! 0 Votes
ugh...these people are wack they called me telling me i could win money because my credit card company suggested them to me and like a fool i signed up never told me i could not cancel or that i only had 72 hours to do so if i wanted to >.< any suggestions on what to do? i already cancel my card but now they are sending me a bill by mail !!! what i think maybe should help to contacted FOXX 11 new or whatever tell them whats going down an see if they are interested to do an investigation on them that should help right? someone plzzzz comment back we ALL NEED HELP!!!
 10th of Jun, 2011 by   MiketW 0 Votes
WHAT A SCAM. Completely tricked into this. Just got off the phone with them and they Won't let me cancel. Very rude people.
 14th of Sep, 2011 by   bombarded 0 Votes
I have the same problem. They wont cancel, but keep sending the magazines eventhough i cancelled my credit card. The other day I got a call from a collection agency to pay or they will bring the issue to litigation. Should I be worried? Help?
 15th of Sep, 2011 by   MiketW 0 Votes
I have the same deal complete scam just had a phone call saying same thing if I cant take care of bill its going to litigation. How do these people feel knowing they work for a scam. I return to sender all the magazine as well.
 16th of Dec, 2011 by   ConsumerWatchDogs 0 Votes
This company is one of many magazine scams around the US. They call consumers and misrepresent that they are affiliated with a magazine you are getting and ask you to verify your account info. Don't do this. This is how they get your cc and bank info. If you have already done this and are getting charged on your credit card, you need to cancel it. If money is being taken out of your bank acc't, speak to your bank and tell them what is going on. Change your account no. If Members Readers' starts sending you demand letters or calling you, just ignore them. You can probably tell your phone service provider that you will no longer accept calls from their number. If that doesn't work, you may need to change your phone number. Readers will probably say that they have a recording of you agreeing to everything but this is bogus. They may even threaten to send you to collections but this is also BS. At the end of the day, you know you haven't agreed to anything and you won't pay for anything. File consumer complaints with your local BBB and the Attorney General's Office. If enough complaints are filed, the government will shut down this company. And for god sakes DO NOT send them any money.

5 Ways to Save on Home Remodeling