logo

Signet Financial Group
Auto Warranty
3. (44 mins ago)
vacation rental partners
vacation rental partners marketing reviews scam
4. (49 mins ago)
dangerouslyeasyesl.com
The owner started to steal from me
5. (52 mins ago)

Melaleuca

Posted:    rrobinett

Points/ Dollar amount

Melaleuca
Does anyone know how the points=dollar amount when it comes to Melaleuca?

You are required to spend 35 points as part of your membership with Melaleuca.

There is a Melaleuca salesperson on here touting that the 35 points they require every month can cost as low as 50.49. (or less). I asked if he could provide the products that he is referring to.

In my experience I couldn't find ways to make the 35 points and get things I really wanted.

I would love to see examples of the products and points for those products that come out to about 50 bucks.

Also if you are a member of Melaleuca you know that there are also shipping and handling charges in addition to this amount every month.

Just a thought.
thanks!
Comments United States Health & Beauty
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

18th of Aug, 2010 by   motivatedmom +1 Votes
Hey there. I have been a Melaleuca customer for 2.5 years. And yes you can make an order of 35 points for $50. If you'd like I can call you to walk you through the catalog and show you how that is done.

For me and my family, we have simply switched stores. So when we need something, if Melaleuca has it, we buy it there. And yeah we pay shipping but it's VERY low only $6 or $7 and I live in Ontario Canada. It also only takes 2-3 days and it's here so we have been very impressed with the time it takes to get here.

By shopping online we are saving gas. I am saving time. I don't have to pack up my young kids to go shopping. So $6 is definitely worth it.

Also - when you shop at other stores, like Walmart for example, the shipping fee (the cost of shipping the product from manufacturer to Walmart) is already included in the price - so you are paying "shipping" every time you shop - no matter where you shop.

Me and my family shop for 50-70 points every month for 2.5 years. The average is 48 points so most people shop for more than 35. There is also a 95% retention rate. So most people who join - stay - and love it.

I hope that helps to clear things up. If you need more help feel free to email me amandadrover@live.com
 20th of Aug, 2010 by   INflea 0 Votes
The point versus dollar totally depends on what you buy since points do not directly equal dollars. I like to buy the product bundles, they are cheaper than buying them separately but less points overall. I took your post as a challenge and tried to figure out the cheapest 35 point order. I came up with 45.27 before tax and shipping for:

Sol-U-Mel® 3-in-1 Cleaner... 16 $19.99
Antibacterial Liquid Soap... 4 $5.29
Vitality Pack® Women 15 $19.99
View Shopping Cart 35 $45.27

I think you could get it a little cheaper, but I wanted products people would actually like each month. Shipping on this order is 6.89 and tax is 3.65 for an order total of 55.81.

You should note that shipping doesn't go up much if you add more products. It starts about 6.00 and goes up very little as your dollar amount on the order increases. 35 points per month is no big deal, we have problem reaching that between our vitamins, cleaners, lotion, soaps, toothpaste etc...
 28th of Aug, 2010 by   enid +1 Votes
Hi, motivatedmom.

I really love how the vitamins have help control my diabetes and other health issues and have begun purchasing them with Melaleuca. Health is extremely important and no other vitamins have really helped.

I purchase vitamins for my husband and I at $19.99 ea (15 pts ea=30) and other bundle packets for 5 points (depending on what I might need that month) and have paid less than $50.00.

I only do this on the months we are low on cash. I understand the economy has placed stress on all our pockets, but our health is extremely important to us.

It will depend on your product preferences but it can be done.
 13th of Nov, 2010 by   MARVIN 5050 0 Votes
MELALEUCA PRODUCTS ARE NOT A BARGAIN AT ALL. TAKE FOR INSTANCE DENTAL FLOSS. IT COSTS 99 CENTS AT WALMART PLUS 7 CENTS TAX. AT MELALUECA, IT IS $6.00 PLUS 42 CENTS TAX PLUS SHIPPING. AND THEY ONLY PAY THEIR SALES PEOPLE BASED ON 2 "POINTS", NOT 6. SO, INSTEAD OF GETTING A 7% COMMISSION LIKE THEY CLAIM, IT IS REALLY A 2.3% COMMISSION.
MANY MELELEUCA PRODUCTS ARE VERY GOOD - ESPECIALLY THE NATURAL OIL, BUT OVERALL THE COST IS VERY HIGH.
AS FAR AS THE 95% RETENTION RATE, THAT IS FROM MONTH TO MONTH, MEANING THEY LOSE 5% OF THEIR CUSTOMERS EACH MONTH - NOT REALLY A HIGH RETENTION RATE AT ALL. IF IT WERE NOT FOR THEIR COMPANY ENROLLING SO MANY NEW PEOPLE EACH MONTH, THEY WOULD GO OUT OF BUSINESS SOON.
ONLY A TINY PERCENTAGE OF THEIR "MARKETING EXECUTIVES" EVER MAKE ANY SIGNIFICANT MONEY - LESS THAN 1%. MELALUECA IS AN HONEST COMPANY WITH GOOD PRODUCTS, BUT THE DATA IS PRESENTED IN SUCH A WAY AS TO BE VERY MISLEADING ON THE SURFACE.
MOST PEOPLE JOIN TO EARN INCOME, NOT BECAUSE OF THE PRODUCTS. HOW MUCH ARE VITAMINS WORTH AND HOW DO YOU REALLY KNOW HOW GOOD THEY ARE? THAT IS A PROBLEM WITH MANY MELALEUCA PRODUCTS. THEY CLAIM SUPERIORITY AND THAT IS HOW THEY JUSTIFY THE HIGH PRICES. BUT THE FACT IS THAT THERE ARE NO INDEPENDENT STUDIES PROVING THEIR PRODUCTS ARE BETTER.
WHETHER YOU ARE BUYING SOAP OR HEALTH PRODUCTS, EVERYONE CLAIMS TO BE THE BEST.
 1st of Dec, 2010 by   Truth Teller 0 Votes
Marvin,

Here you are again hoping that because you type in all caps that people will believe you more than someone else... lets look at your so called facts here...

The cheapest dental floss I found at walmart.com that is available in the stores is $3.97. there were cheaper ones but not available in the stores so you would have to pay tax and shipping. Here is the link for that..

Now, you said Melaleuca's was $6 but thats a RETAIL price... all of us Preferred Customers pay only $3.99 and here is that...

Now, consider that you are buying a piece of thread at Wal Mart but at Melaleuca you are getting Dental Tape, much wider to not do as much damage to the gums. Consider too that our floss has a coating of the Melaleuca oil on it to promote healing of any gum issues and the average person quickly sees thru your bogus claims.

Melaleuca claims to pay you 7% on the points ordered.. thats exactly what they do. YOU are the one trying to make something out of nothing in your example.

You say overall the price is very high... but let the math and numbers speak and let people decide fro themselves.

Only 1% make any money? Of the almost 600, 000 customers, 200, 000 customers get a check every single month. Thats a bit more than 1%.

You claim there are no independent studies but there are hundreds of studies, patents, researchers, scientists and even medical journals behind the products. Whose data is being presented in such a way to be misleading again?
 3rd of Dec, 2010 by   JasonG +1 Votes
Flat out, Melaleuca is an amazing, highly ethical, people first "product manufacturer". That instead of paying A: distributors, B: Advertisers and C: Retail partners to put the product on a shelf, they pay A: Bill, who told, B: Sue, who told C: My friend John, because They all had a part of getting a product that Melaleuca makes (that I happen to love) to my home. I would rather Bill, Sue and John's families share in the profit of me buying a product that I want, that got rid of my kids eczema, than Advertisers (that are solely concerned with profit, they lie to sell you something) Distributors that distribute the inferior product and the retail partner that sold me the inferior product.

The reason the big Chemical corp can't keep up is because it actually cost MORE to engineer and make a product like Melaleuca does and after they pay their advertisers, distributors and retailers the product would cost an astronomical amount for the consumer that FUNDS their whole operation.

Melaleuca is just simply a people first business model that is unlike any other. They make People First Products (Not Profit First Products) and SHARE the revenue with their CUSTOMERS instead of SPENDING the revenue on HYPE, SHIPPING, and PLACEMENT. For me and my family the choice is simple.
 7th of Feb, 2011 by   JennCT +1 Votes
I buy between 105 and 125 a month and I only buy the things I need for my Husband and I. I do not buy extras like gum or candles or makeup. Just regualr items.
I buy Vitamins for each of us and then all of our other household needs, laundry products, medicinal products, hygeine products, cleaners, and crackers and snacks.
I save a lot of money on the concentrate products and the quality is outstanding!!
My health had improved greatly and my excema is 100% gone, I also never have to use my unhaler at home anymore as the products are safe and natural.
I will never shop anywhere else for a porduct I can buy at Meleleuca.
Want mroe info? check out www.jennsmotivatedmoms.com
 30th of Mar, 2011 by   LFD +1 Votes
I compared several products. I found shopping at Wal-mart to be less expensive. I was a Melalueca customer for several months. While I liked the products, I did not like the minimum purchase requirement. Anyway, as I said, I compared prices. For example, Fiber cereal- Melalueca price $5.97 (PC)
$8.50 (DC) for 12 ounces, + shipping/handling which is 16%, Walmart, $3.50 for name brand, $$2.68 for store brand. 100 dryer sheets, Melalueca, $5.69 (PC), $8.50 (DC), Walmart, $4.37 name brand, $2.68 store brand. I can get Arm and Hammer laundry soap for $5.00 (80 load box) so that comes to only .0625 cents per load. It works just fine for a fraction of the cost.
 12th of May, 2011 by   Truth Teller 0 Votes
LFD, we took a notepad of paper, a Melaleuca catalog and a calculator to Wal mart and compared dozens of products and when you brake it all down PER USE, Melaleuca wins out almost every time. in the examples you site, you are only mentioning price, not quality. Fiberwise Cereal has about double the fiber in it than ANY other brand at any price so when people consider that a cereal with the same amount of Fiber per serving (which no one else has ever manufactured by the way as Melaleuca is the world leader on stuff like that) would cost a lot more than Melaleucas.

Arm and Hammer powder cleans by slowly destroying the fibers of yoru clothes. Melapower is as gentle as tap water. That means the few pennies you may save with the inferior product can go toward buying yourself new clothes as they wear out from you destroying them with Arm and Hammer.

When people take time and consider the BIG PICTURE, Melaleuca IS the undisputed leader in value.
 7th of Jun, 2011 by   SophieMadeline +1 Votes
How about the fact that all Melaleuca products are made in the good old USA...go to wallmart and try to find something that is NOT made in China. Better yet continue to support the walmart families billions..the Walmart family will continue to underpay their employees!! I am so happy to have found Melaleuca products..they WORK!!! I am stage 4 breast cancer patient who can not have all unhealthy chemicals in my home. I really love their products and will recommend them to family and friends.
 20th of Apr, 2012 by   truthconfirmer +2 Votes
Really, truthteller???

What little marketing intern came up with that gimmick? Call yourself truthteller so the uneducated idiots (your target consumers for MLM) will believe everything you say as if you didn't work for the company. What a bunch of $$%%##%^&!!!
 26th of Aug, 2012 by   whiningagain -1 Votes
Maleleuca = LDS MLM
 26th of Aug, 2012 by   whiningagain -1 Votes
It is an LDS MLM
 15th of Jan, 2013 by   Blenditaway 0 Votes
All i know is There are pros and cons to all company's and products, comp plans ect.. So chose something you believe in and can get excited about. Look for a company that has a low to no cost monthly auto ship, A company that has ben in biz over 5 years and has great marketing and strong momentum...There are many other aspects of how to chose the right company but i can not get in to all aspects here. I am a Expert Network marketer and teach people how to chose the right company for them.. I am working with Visalus and it has crazy growth and all the things i look for in a company. You can contact me with any questions about any company here at www.blenditaway.com, , , , , Joel
 15th of May, 2013 by   Notabigfan 0 Votes
My wife and I were Melaleuca members for some time to try to help a friend build his "business". The reality was that we couldn't keep up with the "product points" on a monthly basis. The products were pretty good, for the most part, but significantly more expensive than buying similar products at the store.
From our experience, my friend's retention rate has been only about 25%, so I'm not sure where the 95% comes from. If it is indeed on a monthly basis it is of course highly misleading to those who want to build a "business". We did receive a cheque on a monthly basis for about $6, which I factored into the cost and our decision to terminate. My only real beef with the company is the misleading jargon, pricing, and the costs that my friend has had to pay them to help sell their product. He is sadly in bad financial shape right now. I would hesitate before considering becoming a "business" builder.
 10th of Jun, 2013 by   daddymonkey 0 Votes
It's not hard buying products that I need for my home at $50 a month when Melaleuca pays me $5, 000 a month. I promise you, it's not hard at ALL. Heck, I'd buy $50 worth of gum just to give away knowing I have that much money coming to me each and every month. Who gives a rip about points? Shop for things you need on a shopping list. Not by stupid points. I know each point represents about $1.50. You think that's tough? Out of nearly 900 products? Give me a break lol

Melaleuca has changed me, my wife, and our six kids on how we live. If Wal Mart paid me as much as Melaleuca does, I might buy some apples from them and give those away. But they don't. Thankfully. :)

Blessed in OKC,
Chris
 8th of Jul, 2013 by   Bethm 0 Votes
What Melaleuca offers are products that do not have many of the negative side effects that come with the Wal-Mart products. The laundry detergent cost less than name brand, but is a little more than the cheap brands, but comes unscented or with minimal additives that trigger allergies. (As a doctor was giving me a shot for anaphylactic shock, he told me that fabric softeners and scented products cause many of the rashes and breathing problems he treats.) The nutritionals really make a difference in how you feel, so they are worth more than something that just makes you think you may be doing something good for yourself. It takes a little work to make enough income to insure that your check will be big enough to pay for your products, but it is worth it!
 13th of Apr, 2014 by   CollegeStudent1 0 Votes
I had a hard time reaching the 35 points only because I am a college kid and it is just me using the products (35 can be a lot of points if you are ordering for just one person). My sister and I order on my mothers account now because we love the products but couldn't meet the goal (If you are worried just join with someone else, especially if you want to test products but are not sure about being a preferred customer). The cleaners last FOREVER, because they are concentrated, and they clean really well, as well as any cleaner I have bought from other stores. Not to mention they do not burn your eyes and throat while you are using them.

Positive & Negative Sides of Customer Service