logo

Posted: 2011-03-21 by    Juvie33

False advertising

Medizone Alberton
South Africa
Three weeks ago I saw an AD in the local newspaper about this company looking for Medical Consultants >>No expereince required as training is provided>>Own car>>Packages from R10 400 plus company bonuses. I applied and went for an interview.I got a call that very same day congratulating and welcoming me to their company.On Tuesday we started with training and were told we will receive certificates on completion of the training, are fully employed and will only be registered the following Tuesday.On Wednesday we were told to get contacts from our phones to book appointments with clients for demos between 17-21H00. We later learnt that the package is based only on selling 9-10 of the spa baths per month, otherwise there is no salary. Are we not supposed to get a salary as she confirmed that we were now employed and have completed the training and have been driving to work everyday ?We feel cheated as we have borrowed from friends to fill petrol and have gone every evenings to see clients and do demos.It is now 3weeks and no word has been said about registering us . Actually all questions go unanswered.
Comments South Africa Employers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of Apr, 2011 by   Triskarnie -3 Votes
Having a sister who landed in the exact same trap, I can totally identify. My sister had to travel between Alberton and Germiston on a daily basis, and the little amount of commision she earned went into petrol. Furthermore, I bought one of these spa baths purely in order to help my sister out, since she has been retrenched about two years ago, and has been unemployed ever since. When she responded to the advertisement in question, it was with the hope that at last she would have an opportunity to start earning an income again. However, were it not for the unit that I bought, she wouldnt have had any commission at all, since these units are almost impossible to sell, because of the rediculously high price.
I also have a complaint of my own in that when I filled out the credit application, I was told by my sister (telephonically guided by Letitia Fourie, the owner of Lavender Health and an agent for Medizone), that the contract would be calculated over 36 months and that the monthly payment would not exceed R500-00. However, when I got the contract, I noticed that the payment was R690-00 pm, and is calculated over 24 months. I told them that I can absolutely not afford that, and they told me to pay that for three months, after which I have to apply for a recalculation over 36 months. I am disgusted about the unethical way of conduct by these people, and would like warn everyone who thinks of entering into a contract with them, and also anyone who thinks about entering into so-called "employment" with them
 1st of Apr, 2011 by   Juvie33 -1 Votes
At least your sister got her commission ( peanuts)! I went to the offices on Monday to collect my client's order which was R350. 00 submitted on the 21st and Letitia acted as if she doesn't know me . I had to wait for almost 2 hours while she was busy with her supervisors in the meeting. On coming out I asked her about my order which I couldn't receive as the POP didn't have the amount transfered. On asking for my commission (R52.00), I was told that they only pay out on Fridays. I left my banking details but today when I called I was told to re-fax the POP which I just did but no payment as yet.She claims she hasn't picked up that amount on her bank statement.I mean really! Isn't there an organisation where we can report this? The Ad is on again this week with the same false promise. Something needs to be done. . I feel sorry for innocent victims falling for the trap of a" nice job "
 19th of Jul, 2011 by   javabet +2 Votes
I am pleasantly surprised to read and see all these comments about Medizone, however my experience with them is completely different, I was also employed by them, and went through the same training process as every one else, the only difference is that I always got paid what was promised to me. I never had to go and ask for funds or any nonsense like that. I am certain the only reason why every one here is complaining is because they either couldn't or didn't sell and that probably is the only reason why "they" didn't get paid. As far as some of the comments made here I belief that if any person has the right to give their version of a story but it doesn't mean its the truth. I am and was completely happy with my treatment whilst at Medizone and even now since I left their employment, the service and response I get from them is still one of the best.
 28th of Sep, 2011 by   concernedEye -1 Votes
We had a rep. from medizone come and present the product to us, after a successful presentation we tried emailing and calling the rep. for almost a month now and not once has she come back to us, the emails bounced her phone just rings and she made promises she cant live up to now. Its really disgusting how some people work, coz they give us false hope, this has even bad after effects as she commited to present the product at fund raiser my company is having. Im sure its a lie that some of the springbok team use this product and an international doctor advised that this product is not what they say it is as hes tried it. Its a disgrace that you can try make money off people who really believe there is hope to their long term illnesses. Sies man!!!
 8th of Aug, 2012 by   angry36 -2 Votes
Medizone's products are very gud products i must say. I was an employee @ the vereeniging branch run by Letticia's brother Martin must say the years i've worked @ that branch the were less complaints from clients or even consultants. The only problem i encountered with both owner's is that they let emotions run their business. Letticia has a stinking attitude and thinks she is a Goddess whilst her brother Martin is a bully and a coward who enjoys swearing @ consultants. I would like to advise the public not to send their loved one's to go work @ those places. Their management style stinks and they only look up for themselves.

Angry ex employee
 27th of Aug, 2012 by   fanside 0 Votes
Ey guys, I ve been in the business for two months now, and I understand why people would understand why people would complain, when I first started I had complains about their training, business strategy, payment plan, products and other benefits I expected as an employee, I had asked my mother to buy the spar and got my 15 percent Commission = R1700, then resigned, my mother then pushed me back to Medizone after She had experienced wonderfull results pertaining her health, then I noticed that, Medizone gives u an opportunity to work with them, not for them, I now went back with a goal and signed my 1st check of 26 000 and now I'm working my way up to being a distributor
 27th of Feb, 2013 by   Caledon Avantgarde Sanderson -2 Votes
I worked for them and they were so ready to treat me like a criminal by taking my ID, drivers license, proof of residence but when it comes to them giving you employment contracts: They will fight you than show you they're true colours.

If only they were like Verimark and they're good payment structure: Ozone who have been a great co. But they live in they're small little world, where their the tallest tree in the world.
 29th of Jan, 2014 by   Happy Ozonater +2 Votes
I think it's bad that anyone can just put up whatever they want and make a company look bad. I've been working for the company for 7 months now and already got promoted 4 times into a position that is really worth the effort. What I have experienced from this branch is that they work together like a family, you're not just a number like at other companies. I have earned more than double what I have earned in my past jobs and the best part is I didn't have to get a diploma to do this. I have helped allot of people and seen allot of people getting good results. From my side I just want to say thanks medizone for the opportunity!

Proud medizone alberton member