logo

ROMANA WATER LLC
WATER
4. (38 mins ago)
Sears/Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator
Bad odor coming from back of unit when running & fan is on.
5. (40 mins ago)

Posted: 2011-04-21 by    tim ewinger

BILLING

MEDIACOM
Burlington, Iowa
JUST CALLED TO FIND OUT WHY OUR BILL WAS SO HIGH SINCE WE MOVED ON MARCH 23 2011 AND TURNED IN ALL THE EQUIPMENT IN WORKING ORDER AND WHEN I CALLED SHE SAID OUR FINAL BILL WAS $199.00 BECAUSE WE CLOSED OUR ACCOUNT AND MOVED OUT OF STATE WHERE WE DON'T HAVE THE OPTION OF MEDIACOM SERVICES. I ASKED WHY AND SHE TOLD ME IT WAS BECAUSE WE DIDN'T KEEP THE TWO YEAR AGREEMENT. WE COULDN'T FIND A HOUSE THAT WAS FOR OUR NEEDS IN IOWA SO WE LOOKED IN ILLINOIS AND THAT WAS WHERE WE LIVE. I FEEL WE WERE TREATED WRONG. WE PAY OUR BILLS ON TIME AND NOW WE GET THIS. THIS IS WRONG AND NOT FAIR TO US. PLEASE LOOK AT THIS AND TELL ME WHY?
THANKS BECKY EWINGER
Comments United States Equipment Leasing & Financing
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of Apr, 2011 by   tim ewinger 0 Votes
Well its not like we were going to stay where mediacom is. I feel if we moved out of state we should be compensated for at least us trying to stay were they are. Its not like we were moving to break contract. This is just not fair to us. They are doing well in there busisness like we didn't want to move out of state but that's just the way it happen to be. So I guess its my loss but I sure won't recommend them to anyone. Mosy places we have talked to say if you move where there's not that busisness as long as your bill has been payed they will forgive. You for that. So good by mediacom no great loss hope they enjoy my 200.00 I just lost.
 22nd of Apr, 2011 by   mediacomchris 0 Votes
If you would like to Email your info to socialmediateam@mediacomcc.com I can see if there is anything I can do to help, but contracts are generally pretty tight as they make you aware of the termination fee that is put in specifically for breaking the contract no matter the terms. It is a reducing termination fee as for every 3 months of service you did pay for you get $30 removed off of the termination fee when disconnecting. I apologize if you feel this is unfair, but contracts are made to get discounts on the promise of having the service for a certain time frame.
 22nd of Apr, 2011 by   mediacomchris 0 Votes
You can also contact me via the Mediacom Customer Support Forum:

23rd of Apr, 2011 by   tim ewinger 0 Votes
This is not going to just go away. I understand contracts but if I never paid my bills then they would turn off my services and just keep sending me a bill and if I never paid that bill they would just right it off and take the loss. That would mean more paperwork and mailing of postage and then to take them to small claims court which is more money to spend right. With that said I feel we should be compensated on that part. Mosbusiness will work with the good people to keep them happy just in case they would come back to them. So I think they need to keep the contracts but make the good people happy and ones that don't pay be the ones to pay up. I know of about 20 people that have done this and they have made it right for them but not I mostly because they have moved out of state but I don't get that choice do I. Thanks for reading. Becky
 9th of Jun, 2011 by   darkozzy123 0 Votes
i am getting ready to sue mediacom over the hardware agreement which is to say none 300 for a box that was never in the "verbal agreement" but back to my point you can sue in small claims court up to 5000 and the fee for filing is only arounf 70$ if i was you id do it i know i am
 29th of Sep, 2012 by   Ticked off Mediacom member!!! 0 Votes
I have called over 100 times to Mediacom since the first part of March 2012, do to the company not doing as it says, outages, lost interent and cable connections, etc... After some 20 plus trips, and 3 replaced Digital Boxes, 4 replaced Interenet boxes, (to which one tech told me yesterday is was burning itself up and could have caught on fire!!!) and numerous "promises" of calling me back (never a returned call from them) and getting the problem taken care of, I am now sitting here yet again waiting on yet another call from one of the so called Tech, Op, Supervisors who actualy is almost 3, yes, three, hours late in returning that call!!! He also promised to call yesterday and never did. And now after calling again this morning, he himself promised me he would call by 11 am. It's now 1:48 pm!
I have been hung up on, called a liar, and told different stories every time I call, or every time a tech comes to my home!!! I signed up to get the weather channel, but after they went digital, I no longer get it! First I was told I didn't need a digital box, then one morning I turn on the tv, to find no service. I needed the box and had to wait a week for shipment!! It didn't work so yet another week for a tech to come and replace it!!!
Other channels I no longer get, but was told if I wanted to pay the extra $89 a month, I could. WTH??? The service sucks now, so why pay more?
I have also had not only a tech walk into my house without ringing the bell or knocking, but also the same tech and his Supervisor!!! The tech got mouthy, Supervisor said nothing, and I ordered the guy out of my home asking nicely several times and he not doing so!!! Then the so called Supervisor wants to stand there and fraternize about issues unrelated to Medicaom! Twice that Supervisor has done this, but there will NOT be a third!!!
Mediacom has lied time and time again, and now they claim I have bad wirring "inside" my apartment walls, which will have to be replaced and payed for by either me or my landlord. Again, WTH??? Funny the landlord had to sign up front when all this started, and we "BOTH" were told all new wires would be placed from the pole to both the TV and Computer. So... If they knew this as they said when it first hooked up, then why wasn't it done then instead of waiting 7 looooong months of disrupted service to say so? Plus the Tech Op, tried to say they had talked to my lanlord numerous times about this, but has NEVER talked to him about anything, except that first day when they hooked my internet up. And they stated he signed triple copies of that contract, and we should have both gotten a copy of the contract... Funny... Neither of saw a triple anything, and neither of us got a copy of anything!
Lies...after Lies...after Lies!!! The story goes on, but I think you all can get the picture!
And today... I just tried to call Mediacom again, and Suprise... Suprise... Yet "Another outage" IN MY AREA!!! Call back later...

Mortgage Scam