logo

Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank
Settlement Amount Fraud
5. (1 hr 11 mins ago)
Racknomore.com
Their customer service is poor

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    Karen Bristow

Scam

MDG
Canada
I received a coupon in the mail for "Free Premium Anti-Virus Protection Suite", "Free Installation and Configuration" and "Free Updates for One Year". This package is supposed to worth $179 but is free for being an MDG customer and buying their products. All I had to do was call the Hamilton store to make an appointment to have this installed. I called the Hamilton Store and was told all I had to do was bring the computer in and leave it for a couple of days. We took the computer in on a Wednesday.

On Friday, I got a message from the technician stating that my so called "Free Premium Anti-Virus Protection Suite" was going to cost me additional money. Apparently this additional fee was the technician to delete the old anti-virus protection, install new software and then install the new "Free Premium Anti-Virus Protection Suite."

I re-read the letter I received with the coupon and nowhere in that letter does it states there would be an additional charge. It clearly states "Free installation and configuration". Am I missing something in the translation? As well, nothing was mentioned at the store when I dropped off the computer that could be possible hidden extra cost. I decided that I would not pay the extra fee and went down to pick up my computer. When I was in the store, I asked to speak the manager but was told he was on holidays and the technician was the one who was left in charge.

I feel that I have been misled by both the letter which accompanied the coupon, and the technician for not stating that there could be an extra cost involved. I am from out of town so this was an inconvenience to me to have to drive to Hamilton only to be told that it wasn't "free" after all.

Would I buy another product from MDG - no way and I would not recommend them to anyone else either.
Comments Canada Computers & Accessories
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of May, 2008 by   Dan 0 Votes
My name is Daniel Johnson and I recently made a purchase with MDG Computers, and I am appalled by the way the company has treated me and my business with them.

On the afternoon of May 6, 2008 I called the company after seeing a commercial on television to inquire about a high end computer for use of high power audio software. My inquiry was quickly turned into a high pressure sale, This salesmen had promised me delivery within the week and emailed me pages of documents to sign and fax back with signatures for obvious credit inquires. I complied at my own time and expense filled out the forms and acquired all my personal banking information and faxed them over assured the order would be processed quickly. Soon after I called them to confirm all the information had been received, he confirmed and said that they would deposit and withdraw an amount of money into my account to insure that it was indeed my account. So on the morning of may 7, 2008 an Electronic Funds Transfer was made to my account by mdg computers for the amount of $0.42 into my bank account then shortly after an Electronic Funds Transfer of $0.30 was taken out of my bank account. At first this seemed a minor incontinence and I again got in touch with them and confirmed the amounts then they proceeded to withdrawal a down payment of $120.00 out of my account, and again assured me my computer would arrive with in days.

So they got the 120$ and I felt at ease to be done with this process and was looking forward to receiving my new computer. The weekend went by and I called them to make an inquiry with the delivery date, Having in mind this is after they took my $120.00 and no shipment was made, he said they needed more information and requested a Government document mailed to my address or a letter from my bank stating my account and address. I had moved out to whitby from my grandmothers in Toronto and still receive allot of my mail there since it is still a mail able address and had no real mail to send them over. I was already frustrated that I was lied to and promised my computer within days of my down payment. I then told them I was not interested anymore due to all the inconveniences and he argued that the computer was ready to be shipped and if I would just fax over this information it would be on the way. Let it be known I had requested at that point to get my money back due to the lack of proper service. But then again I reluctantly complied due to the fact he would not let the sale go and promised satisfaction. I then went to the bank asked them to print me a copy of my account with my address Photo copied my drivers licence and payed to fax it all over. Then I called to confirm it had arrived and they said it had not. Buy this point I was fed up! He convinced me to go back to the store were I had faxed it and have them send another one. I then went to the store and demanded a free fax since the last one went through but there records indicated it went through fine. I refused to pay another dime to send a fax to them and called him back to cancel one more time. And when I called and threatened to end the account he put me on hold and came back on to say oops he had found the fax, This is after the fact he had me run down to the store cause a fuss about the fax! I was furious. I wanted nothing to do with the company but again they patronised me to continue. and then asked for a letter from my employer leaving me with no choice but to get one.

They already had my money at this point! I never would have sent it to them if I knew this was the way they did business. Again I was told the all was well the computer was on its way. after a couple days I called to inquire one more time this is almost 2 weeks of this nonsense, and say there going to have to ship my computer to my grandmas in Toronto because It was an address on my licence!! I am the customer and I should have a right to decide were I want my computer. After another infurating argument I just told them to ship the damn thing to my grandmas and I will figure out how to pick it up, AGAIN! I was promised a couple of days by them on thursday may 15th. I had to inconvenience my mother to wait around for the delivery and still nothing! I called this morning of May the 22 2008 and inquired with the delivery dept, and was told they were waiting on a part, but wait this is a computer I was told was ready nearly 3 weeks ago. I had had enough I called them and he just could not get it I wanted my money back and to be done with this circus of a company. they have said they are keeping my down payment and its in the contract but they never deliverd nothing but a headache they never complied with there end of the deal and I dont deserve to be treated this way after all the patients I displayed. No one at the company no matter who I called would offer any assistance to my refund.
 12th of Oct, 2013 by   Ripped Off III 0 Votes
Mdg after 6 years is still looking to be paid even after a settlement was offered. You will never never own anything you purchase from that company!!!11

Give a Gift That Pays