logo

Lack of Ethics

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

McDonalds Store #10054, 78228, Texas Complaints & Reviews - Undercooked food & Rude Employee

McDonalds Store #10054 Contacts & Informations

6069 Ingram Road, SA TX
78228, Texas
Phone: 210-647-1700
mctexas.com
I bought a mighty kids meal with chicken nuggets for my 6 yr. old daughter on 5/31/12 @ 8:35 p.m. As she was eating her nugget she asked me if I bought her fish nuggets because they tasted like fish or something. So my friend tasted one and told me that it seemed like they were undercooked. So I checked them out and sure enough they were squishy, slightly pink and a little raw. I called the McDonalds Manager, Monica Robledo who took my personal information and asked me if I wanted them replaced or anything for the inconvenience. I told her my daughter wanted her chicken nuggets so I was going to take them back and get them replaced with some cooked nuggets for her and she said OK. I arrived and a cashier asked if she could help me and so I approached her and told her that I spoke to the Manager Monica about the undercooked nuggets and so I gave them to her and she hands them to the Manager who was right behind her in the food line and the cashier tells her its the nugget lady and the Manager asked for a new box of nuggets and hands it back to the cashier to give to me. As the cashier gives me the new box of nuggets, I asked her if she checked that they were fully cooked and so I opened one and told her yes, they are cooked and as I am walking away the cashier tells me "Okay and don't come back again.." and as my head twisted immediately to her she says "just kidding"...and I told her "if my daughter gets sick over this, you bet I will be back". My husband was sitting at a booth watching TV and I went to tell him and never did the manager or the employee come apologize for the remark. I am very upset that the manager did not handle this and instead had me deal with the cashier. I am also upset that she allowed the cashier to make a rude comment to me when I think I had every right to bring back some uncooked chicken nuggets. At no time did the manager approach me to apologize for the inconvenience, she simply gave them to the cashier to give to me. I felt that they thought "okay go ahead and complain...now what do you want", but I know undercooked food can be very dangerous so I wanted to make sure they knew that and saw it so it wasn't just a complaint. I was ready to show it to the Manager but she never approached me, she just grabbed it from the cashier and put it down and gave me a new one. I also think that the employee had no right to make that comment to me when I am a paying customer and have every right to complain about the undercooked food. Then I tried calling the McDonalds 888# for concerns or compliments and it sends you straight to a voice mail only.
Comments United States Food
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of Jun, 2012 by   Idocare 0 Votes
did your daughter get sick????
 1st of Jun, 2012 by   Regions Bank Employee -3 Votes
That is horrible. I would never go back there again. How is your daughter?
 4th of Jun, 2012 by   anamorzaid -1 Votes
I'm so sorry that happened to you! This manager didn't follow corporation rules. Iv worked for McDonald's for about 3years and I won't ever eat at one again! I could write a book of all the disgusting things that go on behind the counter. If you do decide to eat there or any other fast food restaurants please pull forward check your bag for the right food and specifications. Always keep your receipt. I know that it isn't your job to do this, but it will make it easier for you in the long run. Most times there is two phone numbers on the receipt. One is for the corporations number and one goes to the restaurant . I would call corporation and tell them of the incident. They will send you a gift card that you can use at any McDonald's so you don't have to go back to the same one.
 22nd of Jun, 2012 by   jhatboy 0 Votes
I am deaf. you are doing right thing to do. but next time whatever it happen again..inform general manager in morning cuz general manager always work in 1 shift or mid shift(11am to 6pm) so he or she can handle both of manager and employee. Plus make sure u tell them every details what happen to u. if general manager cant handle it call supervior or the owner. sorry about what happen

Shopping By Season