logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Bulliongurus Research Private Limited
beware of this company! it causes nothing but extreme loss!
2. (24 mins ago)
State of Florida Child Support Enforcement
Child Support
3. (37 mins ago)
eyemarkedcards.com
No confirmation info and seller keeps silence
4. (45 mins ago)
Fraud

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

McDonalds - Southwest salad Complaints & Reviews - Removed their best salad from the menu

McDonalds - Southwest salad Contacts & Informations

McDonalds - Southwest salad

Posted:    Debbie Edmondson

Removed their best salad from the menu

McDonalds has now removed their best salad from the menu, the Southwest salad. Without knowing, I order one at a drive thru during my lunch break from work. After being informed they no longer have the Southwest salad, I'm offered the regular Bacon Ranch or Caesar. So I choose the Caesar with grilled chicken. What do I get? A regular garden salad with grilled chicken and Caesar dressing. They must not know the Caesar does not have tomatoes, carrots, and iceburg lettuce. Plus, where were the croutons?
Why do they always have to ruin a good thing by changing menus if they can't even correctly prepare what they still do offer? Also, when they had the Southwest they would sometimes give you the lime wedge, sometimes the tortilla strips, then sometimes not. Go figure!
Comments United States Fast Food Restaurants
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

11th of Oct, 2007 by   bigsmellyman 0 Votes
That's what you get when you choose to eat at a restaurant that serves pig slop.
 20th of Oct, 2007 by   Pratik Mulchandani 0 Votes
I agree that salad is incredible! The best item on the menu. It needs to come back!
 20th of Oct, 2007 by   W Camm 0 Votes
I too was very disappointed that McDonald's stopped selling the Southwest Salad. It was the best thing on the menu. I wonder why it is no longer available.
 30th of Dec, 2007 by   Jack Craig 0 Votes
I agree that Southwest Salad was a remarkable product and I was eating several each week. I was terribly sorry when they removed it from the menu. I have contacted them on several occasions; after one of these they send me a couple of coupons for free sandwiches. The Southwest Salad was my diet staple and I am now gaining weight again. They have lost my business until it comes back. What can we do to start a grass roots campaign that McDonald's will hear?
 28th of Jan, 2008 by   PerformerDotCom 0 Votes
The Southwest salad is not gone! I was in Destin, FL recently (Jan, 2008) and they still have the Southwest salad on their menu there. They don't have the Asain salad though. I was shocked because I was told that they stopped making the dressing which is why the salad was discontinued. What a crock!
 2nd of Feb, 2008 by   darkeegan 0 Votes
if you want to lose weight...dont eat any of their food. its pretty simple right?
 6th of Apr, 2008 by   MS Long 0 Votes
I am on a low carb eating plan, the MCDonald's southwest salad is delicious. I am on the east coast, and with some of their salads, the ingredients are often missing.
When they first introduced these salads, they included thin chinese noodles, tomatoes, mixed lettuces, snap peas, carrots edamame, and mandarin orange wedges in the Asian salad. This was a wonderfully healthy salad, crisp and fresh. Now you never see the noodles, you are lucky if you get a tomato and other ingredients are substituted. I don't like croutons in an Asian salad!
The cesear salad never had a tomato in it, the southwest salad(by far my favorite) is sometimes missing the corn strips or they will sub for noodles or corn strips...croutons! SOme local restaurants differ in the amount of iceberg lettuce they include in their salads.
Someone told me that in some areas there are central warehouses that make these salads and then truck them to the local McDonalds each day or every other day. I did call the customer service at McDonalds USA and they said all salads should be the same, you need to give them the store number where you bought the salad that was missing all the components. They will contact that restaurant and talk with the manager.
More aggreviating than anything is to buy a salad at the drive thru and find that the kids behind the scenes did not include utensils, napkins or desssing!
 17th of Apr, 2008 by   Mindy 0 Votes
OMG!!! I totally agree that the Mcdonals salad is just so awsome!!! I lost so much weight while on the mcdonals diet. Untill they took it off I was loving eating salads everyday! YOU KNOW WHAT!!! ITS BACK!!! THE SALAD IS BACK!!!

I went to mcdonals 2 days ago and they got the salad back!! I am so excitied!!! So now all I hope is they will keep this salad for ever and get rid of that nasty asian salad! Southwest salad is the best!!!
and you know what else, it only contains 430 cals with dressing included!!! Which is really healthy and good!!! And it has alot of protien, vegies, and everything that is so possibely tastey!!!
-Mindy
 24th of May, 2008 by   johnny knoxke 0 Votes
They only have the Southwest salad during the summer! It's back now and it is a great salad!
 9th of Mar, 2009 by   Nick 0 Votes
The best, healthiest salad was the Asian Chicken Salad. But you know McDonald's - as soon as the HEAT is off them for a minute, they go RIGHT BACK to their GARBAGE MENU.

I guess its time for another movie like SUPERSIZE ME.

Public humiliation is the only thing that McDonald's hears.

Preparing Your Home for Winter