logo

FAILED TO HONOR OUR GUARANTEE

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

MBF Leasing, New York, New York Complaints & Reviews - Scam and crime!

MBF Leasing Contacts & Informations

MBF Leasing

Posted:    Valerie

Scam and crime!

MBF Leasing
132 West 31st St
New York, New York
www.mbfleasing.com
Sometime in Feb of 2006 my son was approached by a salesman who worked for Vericomm. The salesman told my son he had a great deal and it would cost us much less in fees for using his company. The salesman then came to me and explained that there would be a fee for the credit card equipment but it would be refunded to us each month so that the equipment would cost nothing. He gave us his cell phone number in case we had any problems. After the first month when our rebate check for $169.00 did not come we called him and he said two checks had been written and were in the mail. During the second month when the checks had not come we called and his phone was disconnected. I then called Vericomm and they said that they do not have any program where they rebate money for equipment leases and that the salesman no longer works for them.

I called consumer protection and sent paperwork to the Vermont Attorney General. Vericomm was sent a letter to refund all money that they had taken from me. I received a refund of $338.00 the same amount MBF Leasing had taken. I told MBF Leasing to stop taking money from my account they said 'Read your lease'. They continued to take money from my account and I was no longer using the equipment. I went to my bank and signed a form to not allow MBF leasing to take money from my account. That stopped them for one month. The next month they changed the amount they were withdrawing and my bank did not catch it and neither did I. This went on for about 8 months. MBF Leasing stole approximately $1800.00 from me. After finally stopping them, all the phone calls started and said I owed them $5900.00.
As of this writing I just got back from a brief court appearance in New York City where they have taken me to civil court. I have filed an answer to their accusations and filed a counterclaim asking for return of all money taken and punitive treble damages. My court date is July 8. I s there any lawyer who would be willing to help me pro bono...
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of Apr, 2008 by   Steve 0 Votes
MBF is a total scam.
 6th of Oct, 2008 by   Georgia Ballard 0 Votes
Was the saleman/ that originally made the deal Peter DePalma? How did your court case go?

Georgia Ballard
Laurel, MS
gb853@yahoo.com
 9th of Oct, 2008 by   Leeland Durst 0 Votes
I had the same exact thing happen to me with MBF. I am a college student and I operate a Locksmithing company wile attending school. Bill from Vericom came to me with the same wonderful deal. Only it was a scam. He said that there would be a one time charge and the rest of the months would be 10 $ a m0nth. He also told me that he would pay the first monthly charge that would be about 150 $ and also gave me his cell number if I had any problems. He never payed the first months fee and instead of taking the 10 a month out they were randomly debiting money out of my account untill I was severely overdrawn. I counciled 5 days after using them because I realized I had been scammed and they still say that I owe 6000 dollars. They also forged my signature and sent me a bunk contract after i made a complaint to the BBB.
 10th of Nov, 2008 by   Gary Lipsky 0 Votes
MBF is a total scam. I had a similar situation where they sent me a contract that I have never seen with a fake signature, something they probably filled out and signed themselves. They were working through a company called Integrity of Northeast and salesman Jim Holleran. Integrity is quite an Ironic name for a bunch of scammers.

Integrity of Northeast
10 Industrial Highway
Lester, PA 19113

Don't deal with these fraudsters. If they contact you contact your attorney general.
 22nd of Jan, 2009 by   lavender's Day Spa 0 Votes
I own lavender's day spa in arizona. The same thing happened to me with MBF leasing. A salesman, not for MBF Leasing, came into my shop and sold me on credit processing machines for 500 dollar cash. A few months later I noticed this MBF leasing company was taking money from my account. After investigation it was revealed I was a victim of a scam. They slipped in paperwork stating I would lease their equipment. I subsequently filed a police report. However, they still are taking money out of my account to total $1023.48 so far. WAMU keeps allowing this to happen and now won't return the funds nor will they allow me to close my bank account. This is a huge scam. It sounds like there are a lot of victims and a class action lawsuit is probably a great idea.
 3rd of Feb, 2009 by   john 0 Votes
Not to rehash everything that has already been said about mbf, but I've had the same experiances as some of the other writers. Now on Super Sunday I got a summons from a New York Court about money I owe mbf which I refused to pay since it was a rip off and my I never signed the lease agreement or agreed to it in the first place. Guess it's time for an attorney! JO in Las Vegas.
 16th of Mar, 2009 by   ARNIE SMITH 0 Votes
I had a similar problem until another business owner recommended VANITY MERCHANT SERVICES tome and I can truly attest to the fact they are nothing like the oeher companies they show you everything upfront and they continue to help you look them up on the web at www.letvms.com and theyre phone number is 708-954-6305
 16th of Jul, 2009 by   Tom Crittenden 0 Votes
This also happened to me.back in Aug 08 I was talking to Due west Funding.I wasn't even talking to them
Mbf leasing.Due west was trying to get funding.Now these people call us of course at a busy time when
Your so busy You can't see.You need a new credit card machine.We said theres nothing wrong with the on
we already have it works just fine.They sent their Machineset set on the floor for about a Mo. Then we sent it back.They come back and say you signed a contract a no cancelled contract You owe us $117 a mo.
Then they started pulling money out of our Banck.We cancelled the account at the banck.I think about 2 or
3 payments went before we could get the bank to stop.The hold bunch of people The ones at Due west all sound like foireners you couldn't understand them.Plus when they would pull $ From the Account then
we would have bounce checks. Thanks wish someone could help go after them.
 10th of Dec, 2009 by   lamsals 0 Votes
I own a convinent store, one of my manager signed a similar deal with MFB leasing. The service didn't work for us and we called them up to and said we won't be using the service. They said that we have a agreement and we can't break it and if we break it it would cost of 5K. I told my bank to put a stop payment, then after 10 months they changed their id and store $28oo from my account. As a owner I haven't signed anything with them and they stole my money. There are big time crooks and they needs to be punished and refund all our money.
 24th of May, 2010 by   stopscamnow 0 Votes
another victim here... forged signature, $159 for 48 months. just received what looks like a court paper with "FILES" stamp from newyork county civil court.
where is justice? can count on me to support a movement to make the ugly fall.
lbae95133@yahoo.com
 1st of Jul, 2010 by   sonyjewelry 0 Votes
i am a victim of mbf leasing . they forged my signature, they already took some money out of my bank and now threatening me with lawsuit. some one please help. i need justice. i would appreciate if some body go forward against them and i sure will join. please count on me.
sonyjewelry@gmail.com
 10th of Sep, 2010 by   mad manager 0 Votes
We operate a body shop in Utah. They did not forge any signatures so far, but they wouldn't give us a straight answer as to how to cancel. We actually fulfilled our entire contract and gave thirty days cancellation notice as outlined in the contract. We were given an address to return the equipment, but when we called that location they said they do not accept returns there! We received a collections call from them this morning innitially stating that we owed them over $1000.00. I told them to put me in touch with their statutory agent, as we will be pursuing them. They, of course, could not produce that information and told me the manager will call me back, and then tried to make a deal with me. I told them they will never get another penny of our money. What a bunch of crooks! Sounds like the New York State Judicial system may work for them too by the other comments!
 21st of Sep, 2010 by   aaron 0 Votes
I am an attorney in New York with experience handling cases filed by Northern Leasing and MBF Leasing. I am located within walking distance of the NYC Civil Court in lower Manhattan, where Joseph Sussman files these lawsuits. I offer a low flat rate to defend people who have been sued by these scoundrels. I have several years of experience in dealing with Northern Leasing and MBF Leasing, and have achieved excellent results for my clients. I look forward to helping you. Call me for a free consultation at:

Ariel Berschadsky, Esq.
110 Wall Street, 11th Floor
New York, N.Y. 10005
Tel: 212-372-3322
www.berschadsky.com
 23rd of Sep, 2010 by   Internail Pro 0 Votes
It seem this is going on all over the country, I had my merchant account sales rep. by the name of ERIC KARNEZIS come into my shop and tell me that my T7Plus terminal would have to be replaced for a VX510 and it had to be lease from MBF Leasing in order for me to countinue accepting credit cards. I explained to him that I did not want to lease that I would rather buy it, at which point he explained to me that it would be free because I would get a check in the mail for the monthly payment from my merchant processor every month. I signed the paperwork set up the machine and 30 days later my account was debited $116.00 and a week later I recieved a check in the mail for that amount. This was two years ago and I never recieved another check. The lease is for 60 months HELP WHAT CAN I DO !!!
I have since found a company out in California US Merchant Services and a rep. by the name of Gladys has helped me so much saving my company hundreds of dollars a month. They are honest, helpful and most of all they do not have contracts. She always answers the phone I never have to deal with answering machine or prompts. They do your processing on a month to month you can leave at any time if they don't deliver. Now if I could only fix my problem with MBF leaseing I would save an additional $116 a month. Please contact me if you have had any luck getting out of you lease.
internailpro@yahoo.com
In advance thank you for your help
 4th of Oct, 2010 by   GRANT.THE.WOLF 0 Votes
I HAD A SIMILAR PITCH FROM ERIC KARNEZIS, BUT I FOUND HIM TO BE VERY HONEST. HE EXPLAINED TO ME THAT I WAS GETTING PASS THROUGH INTERCHANGE RATES AND THAT HIS ONLY MARK UP WAS THE LEASE. HE EXPRESSED THAT IT WAS NON CANCELABLE AND THAT IT IS THIS COMMITMENT ON MY PART THAT ALLOWS HIS COMPANY TO GIVE ME SUCH GREAT RATES. IN RETURN FOR SIGNING A LEASE HE PROVIDES ME WITH A 24 HOUR REPLACEMENT WARRANTY ON THE EQUIPMENT, FREE PAPER AND SUPPLIES, AND A GUARANTEED RATE LOCK FOR 60 MONTHS. I THINK THE $120 A MONTH THAT I SPEND IS WORTH ALL THE BENEFITS. ON TOP OF IT ALL, I AM SAVING A BOTTOM LINE OF $300 A MONTH FROM MY LAST MERCHANT SERVICE PROVIDER. IF ALL ERIC NEEDED WAS A 5 YEAR COMMITMENT TO GIVE ME THE AMAZING RESULTS THAT HE HAS GIVEN, THEN IT'S WORTH IT. I HAVE FORWARDED ALL OF HIS INFORMATION TO MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY AND URGED EVERYONE TO SIGN UP. I LEASE MY CAR, MY CELL PHONE SERVICE, MY KIDS APARTMENT IN COLLEGE, WHY NOT A CREDIT CARD MACHINE. INTERNAILPRO, I THINK YOU ARE OVERREACTING.
 6th of Dec, 2010 by   Right Way Disposal 0 Votes
I to was scammed by this company. Same story tried to set me up with credit card machine, I used for one transaction, never got my money in my account. They were taking whatever they wanted out of my bank account. So I closed that account, and yes than I received the court papers and the judgement on my credit. It has been hell with this judgement on my credit. I explain it to all my credit companies and they do understand but it still doesn't look good on my credit. There is another company associated with them that sent the representative to talk to me his name was Randy Clay from Capital Merchant Services Toll Free 1888-749-3755. So you might post this company being associated with the MBF Leasing Company . Thank You for listening. LU Right Way Disposal
 6th of Dec, 2010 by   Right Way Disposal 0 Votes
I hope we win this class action suit against them. They are big bullies. Thanks Lu
 29th of Dec, 2010 by   Brett Schatz, Esq. 0 Votes
Please Note: Ariel Berschadsky, Esq. is no longer handling these cases as of December 15th 2010.

I am an attorney in New York with experience handling cases filed by Northern Leasing and MBF Leasing. I am located across the street from the NYC Civil Court in lower Manhattan, where Joseph Sussman files these lawsuits. I have experience in dealing with Northern Leasing and MBF Leasing, and have achieved excellent results for my clients. I look forward to helping you. Call me for a free consultation at:

Brett Schatz, Esq.