logo

Failure to Assist in Warranty

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Max Colon, Rancho Cucamonga, California Complaints & Reviews - bank account charged $89.95

Max Colon Contacts & Informations

10088 6th street
Rancho Cucamonga, California
Phone: 1-866-870-7042
maxcolon.com
website offers free trial but "automatically ships" product and charges $89.95 on your credit card. When you ask the company for a refund they tell you you only have 15 days from the day you place the original order to cancel. You have to request a return authorization and cancel future automatic shipments. This is stated in a vague and misleading manner on the web-site. .. they make it sound like you can send it back for a refund but when I tried, they refused saying If I had only read their policy when I agreed to it like thousands of other "satisfied customers" I would have known this...but I did read the fine print it was worded so ambiguously I failed to realized they meant 15 days from when I placed the original order. I went back on their web-site and looked for their return/refund policy and had trouble even finding it, it was so not obvious that I can only conclude they are intentionally misleading consumers.

Comments United States Diet Products
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of Mar, 2009 by   RBH +1 Votes
DO NOT ORDER THE COLON CLEANSE !! IT DOES NOT WORK!!! When I ordered I thought I was getting enough product for 15 days. Did not know I had to cancel within 15 days. My credit card was charged 89.95 and there's nothing the credit card company can do. When you authorize the free sample, you authorize future shipments.
 25th of Mar, 2009 by   angie +1 Votes
This company is so full of shit!!! They are straight up robbing!!!
 26th of Mar, 2009 by   cokebottle 0 Votes
If you read the terms and conditions, which you should for anything you order online with your credit card, you would know there are reoccurring payments unless you cancel first. I went and got a pre-paid Visa and put $15 bucks on it, so no one can just debit it whenever they want! You have to be cautious online.
 6th of Apr, 2009 by   jinxers +1 Votes
Ya, they ripped me off too!! Thing is they are only about 30 miles from me in Rancho Cucamonga, Ca..
Don't know if reporting them to Consumers Affairs will do any good..I didn't see any terms and conditions. Just a place for your name, address and card number. Don't be fooled by the Acai Berry either..They did the same thing. They're all a scam!!!
 7th of Apr, 2009 by   BLN +1 Votes
Yes, I had the same thing happen to me. Their terms are not clear on the web site and my credit card was charged also. THE PRODUCT DOES NOT WORK. Acai Berry DO NOT WORK EITHER. and I was scammed on that also. What can we do? Is there anyone out there who know how to get my money back?

BLN
 11th of Apr, 2009 by   jen 0 Votes
How do i get ahold of them to get the cancel form, this is ridiculous and i did not agree to theis 89 dollar crap!!! jennifer
 11th of Apr, 2009 by   jen 0 Votes
My bank gave me a number to get ahold of them 18668707042 and i didn't even use any of the prodduct and they told me that if i email support@maxcolon.com with my name, zip and that i want to cancel sub. and get a refund that they will send me the refund, i am going to email right now and we will see how that goes.
 11th of Apr, 2009 by   j a allan 0 Votes
I, too, was charged for an order that I did make. My visa is charged $85.18. What to do now?
 11th of Apr, 2009 by   j a allan 0 Votes
I, too, was charged on my visa for something I did not order. It was a $85.18 charge. What do I do now?
 13th of Apr, 2009 by   johnl 0 Votes
yes, i cant believe that all of these television network and their celebrities are backing such a irresposible company. i also got ripped off. did you know that the person you speak to on the telephone is just a telemarketer that pulls your information up on his/her home computer? they can tell you that "yes, we see that you have requested a refund", but when you ask to speak to someone other than that person, they are unable to connect you with a supervisor or manager. i ordered the free trial on March 7, 2009 and left and went out of town so i didn't use the product at anytime before the 15 day trail period. i put in a request for my refund on the 23 of March and now 13 days into the next month and 5 emails (no response) later im still without my 89.95. they tell you that you have to email them that is the only way that they will respond but that is a lie too. the product for me was not as good as the old fashion dieters tea for 4.99. do you know how i can get my refund? it would be greatly appreciated.
 29th of Apr, 2009 by   scam 0 Votes
There is something you can do about this. If you put it on your credit card, they should protect you up to a certain amount. Dont buy anything on the internet with your banking account. My credit card refunded me for the charges and filing a complaint with the company.
 29th of Apr, 2009 by   Maxcolon Customer Relations -1 Votes
Please be aware, the terms and conditions are stated clearly in several locations on our webpage. This is a continuity program for the marjority of our customers who wish to reach the maximum effect. In fact, you MUST agree to the terms and conditions before we can even process your application. We do hope this has cleared up any confusion. If you wish to return the product for a refund you may do so by contacting support@maxcolon.com.
 29th of Apr, 2009 by   Maria in PA 0 Votes
AN ABSOLUTE SCAM!!! I'VE JUST HAD CONVERSATION WITH A CUSTOMER SERVICE PERSON WHO WAS UNBEVELIVABLY RUDE!! DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!!! I AM NOW GOING TO REPORT THIS TO BANK AND WILL HOPEFULLY BE ABLE TO GET A REFUND FOR THESE CHARGES!
 29th of Apr, 2009 by   Maria in PA 0 Votes
Guess what - if you order the free trial for Acai Berry Detox, it is also a SCAM! I've tried to cancel both of these but still haven't received promised e-mails with these cancellations!! How do I know if I have successfully been able to cancel and won't receive any more surprise charges? Has anyone had any luck with this yet?
 30th of Apr, 2009 by   STucker 0 Votes
This JUST happened to me! Do NOT purchase Max Colon. I purchased the 15 day trial...probably received the product almost a week later. IF there was a term & conditions portion it was so tiny that itwas in no way visible. I purchased the product 4/9/09...and called 4/24 when I noticed $89.95 charged to me debit card. I told them I was not aware of this charge and to please refund me. The lady was very quick in saying "your membership has been canceled and you will be receiving a refund." Everytime I called thereafter they say you have to send an email to 'support' in order to answer billing questions. Which is SO frustrating because they will not give you a phone number. Each email stated that I should have read the terms because it said you had to cancel your membership in 15 days...don't know about yall but 4/9 -4/24 is 15 days...When I kept calling they had said my membership was canceled and that the pills had NOT been shipped...so I was thinking ok...if they haven't been shipped why wont they refund me? I canceled on the 15th day so what is going on? Well right when I told them I was working on disputing the charge with my bank they said OH THE PILLS ARE ON THE WAY and they offered to refund me $41...no thank you I told them. Then they tried to say that if i canceled the dispute they would refund me fully...obviously I do not trust this company so I just sent them an email stating that I was sticking to my dispute. DO NOT ORDER THIS PRODUCT. They will not refund you, even if you cancel on time.
 1st of May, 2009 by   MAXCOLONSTINKS +1 Votes
Max Colon has to trick consumers into purchasing their lousy product. I got suckered into their "free trial" and initial $89.95 charge. They say to simply email their "customer service" (anything but) department for a RMA (return merchandise authorization) number to take advantage of their stated "guaranteee policy" on all orders on their web site. I had to email six times and talk four times on the phone with their idiotic phone reps who simply give you the run around and kept telling me to email them again and I finally got an RMA number from them. Their policy states you must return the product within 15 days of their original ship date, but they took almost two weeks to deliver their first "auto-ship" to me. Before return their lousy product, I took photos of their original package, my UPS package with RMA numbers on both and their actual ship date clearly visible and returned with UPS delivery verification. I used my credit card and disputed the charge with them because I don't believe these snakes will ever issue me an actual credit back to my account.
Max Colon is a sleazy company and their product is no better than much cheaper fiber alternatives. STAY FAR, FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!
 4th of May, 2009 by   Dan 0 Votes
DO NOT SUPPORT THIS DECEPTIVE PRACTICES COMPANY!

This is purely a scam company. They deceive people into ordering the "free trial" and sign them up for the auto-ship and then hide behind their "terms and conditions" bullcrap. Their customer service is rude and all they care about is scamming people out of their money. The company isn't run by honest American citizens.

The greater crime here is that the State of California won't do anything to stop their sleazy sales tactics.

FIGHT BACK! File a complaint with your bank or credit card company, file with MasterCard or Visa directly as well as the Better Business Bureau, the Rancho Cucamonga Chamber of Commerce and the California Attorney General.
 5th of May, 2009 by   Brooke Y 0 Votes
I too am trying to get an RMA for days. They are giving me the run around. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS. I am so fed up I am making complaints everywhere. No doubt the company will fold because this type of business never lasts.
 5th of May, 2009 by   Linda 0 Votes
I went to cancel my order and I couldn't get through on the telephone number that they sent along with the shippment. I kept getting your call can't go through right now. I didn't know how to get ahold of them. Luckly my charge card came in the mail and it had a telephone number on it. So I called that number and got ahold of someone and canceled my order. But of couse the second shippment was alresdy sent and charged to my account. When they sent out the second shippment they also send along a little piece of paper that tells you how to cancel. So I wanted to complain and type in the email address they sent along for the support and it came back not available. So I called the number again from the charge card and she finally sent me an email address that I could reply to. But still having problems ongoing.
Linda
 5th of May, 2009 by   Brooke Y 0 Votes
Ok, lets fight back. My name is Brooke Youngkin. I want to take this company down. They don't want to give me the RMA, so now I am gonna fight fire with fire. Please file a complaint. Start off with the BBB in their jurisdiction. The email address is www.la.bbb.org. Please also file a complaint with the District Attorney of San Bernadino County. That address is www.sbcounty.gov/da. I am doing further research to see whom else we can file complaints with. I realize they may be able to get away with the terms and agreement scam, but refusing to issue a RMA, which is in their policy, is a definite violation. Please email me if you would like to help. bmy74@rcn.com

Website Hijacking. Know who are dealing with!

Latest Groups