logo

Unauthorized transaction

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Mate1.com Complaints & Reviews - Unauthorized credit card billing!

Mate1.com Contacts & Informations

Mate1.com

Posted:    SM

Unauthorized credit card billing!

Mate1.com placed a $49.95 unauthorized charge on my credit card after I canceled the $1.95 three (3) day "trial" membership. Called to remove the charge. Some "MIKE" at Mate1.com said I was minutes late canceling the trial period (which I was not as I canceled the second day). Refused to get supervisor (probably no supervisors there).

Rouge company that will rip you off!
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Dec, 2006 by   Valerie 0 Votes

Billed my credit card after i cancel my membership! - Mate1.com

This co billed my credit card after i cancel my membership. This scam and cheating! Beware!
 4th of Jan, 2007 by   Travis Jensen +1 Votes
I tried cancelling my service many times and they never cancelled and said that they would cancel but didn't.
 3rd of Feb, 2007 by   david 0 Votes
This company is not honest, it's a thief.

Do attention. The 3 days trial are free but this company will automatically bill you 50$/month if you didn't cancel the membership.

Very expensive!
Read carefully.
Not recommended site.
 10th of Feb, 2007 by   Brian McDaid 0 Votes
I tried to post a "about me" profile three times. And when I finished, it was blank. That's why I had to do it three times. The fourth time I was a bit pissed off and left an explicative message. I didn't think it would show up like the rest of the three. Well, it did. I was totally unaware of this until I talked to a woman from Dublin. She said I sounded angry. I tried to delete it and it is still there. Mate 1 has no phone number to contact them or even E-mail . No correspondence to help people when they need something. They SUCK. I just want to delete what is on there and create a new one. Is that to much to ask. Apparently it is.
 9th of May, 2007 by   Mate1 Support -1 Votes
I'm a bit dismayed to read your complaint We give all of our members a six hour grace period (at least) from the time a current membership term expires until they they get rebilled. We do this to be as fair as possible to our members. When you were rebilled, it was at least six hours after your trial membership expired.

Furthermore we don't recommend waiting until the last minute to cancel and there's no reason to wait. Cancellation does not affect access to the site in any way, it just means "don't bill me again".
 9th of May, 2007 by   Mate1 Support 0 Votes
I'd like to clear up some confusion and/or misinformation in the previous comments.

1. Mate1 has email support, which is available to all of our members. Support by phone is also available but only to paying members.

2. Members are encouraged to report any bugs they find in the operation of the site. Mr. McDaid should have contacted member support with a description of the problem. We have support links located at the bottom of almost every page.

3. Mr Jensen, if anyone told you that your service was canceled when it wasn't, they should be fired. I know this coming a long time after your complaint but if you have any information that would allow us to look into this situation, I'd love to take a look at it.

4. David, there's a difference between being expensive and being a thief. Members are strongly encouraged to read all of the documentation concerning their membership and/or their paid subscription. Unfortunately, we cannot force members to read everything, but that doesn't make us dishonest.
 11th of May, 2007 by   A.King 0 Votes
I am certain that Mate1 is charging clients credit card with approval. I have cancelled my request on April 2007 and ask that my credit card not be charged again; but I still got charge the following month-May, 2007.
 6th of Jun, 2007 by   Kamlesh Mishra 0 Votes
Mate1.com placed a $49.95 unauthorized charge on my credit card I called to remove the charge.

Some "MIKE" at Mate1.com said I was minutes late cancelling the trial period (which I was not as I cancelled the second day).

Refused to get supervisor (probably no supervisors there)

Rouge company that will rip you off! Be careful of this fraudulent company!
 20th of Jul, 2007 by   Maurice Corpuz 0 Votes
I too am being ripped off, I canceled my subscription months ago and have found out now that they have been charging my credit card each month. yes I believe they are just stealing money. I don't even remember my user name or pass word so I can't even get on the sight to use what they are charging me for. My credit card company said all they can do is block that credit card, and send me a new one with a new number. so you see for a few months they have been just stealing my money. After I canceled my subscription. And as it is I have no sight of any recourse till now. But I do not intend to just let it go. I am searching for some help to go after these people. If anyone who reads this knows a way to get these people or would like to band together with me to go after them, please contact me at mcorpuzsr3@verizon.net, or call my phone at 1-281-989-3707.
 29th of Aug, 2007 by   Mate1 Support 0 Votes
Dear Mr. Maurice Corpuz,

I hope that I can bring to light information regarding this complaint. I found your profile with the email address that you provided and it appears that you had become a member of Mate1 in March 2007 and only purchased our three day trial: this was canceled out in a timely manner and expired.

However, you did have another profile with us from back in 2006 under a different email address. Judging from that transaction report, you had repurchased our service several times after your full membership expired. Your last repurchase was in March of 2007 and you've not had a charge since then, based on the little information that you have given us. You had also continued to use the full membership service throughout the month of April, until your membership expired. I also see that absolutely no attempt was made to contact support@mate1.com from either email addresses to ask what was happening with your billing.

We provide our full members with three ways to cancel their subscription: A member can easily cancel out Online through their profile, call our toll-free number or email our client support.

Our customer service team would have been happy to help you out with any billing issues that you had. If the email address that you used was forgotten, we could have searched for your profile in other ways. If you have created another profile that is not mentioned in the above section and using a different credit card number and email address, we would be happy to look into the matter for you. But please, you must contact us in order for our staff to help you in this matter. We will try to resolve this as swiftly as we can.

Sincerely,
Mate1 Support
 27th of Sep, 2007 by   annelien de Kock 0 Votes
The same thing happened to me I stopped using Mate1 and for the last 4 months they have been taking money out of my account un authorized and I can't get them to stop and my bank says because its a card payment they can't refuse the payment going through I Don't know how I am going to get these people to stop taking money and my bank is not helping the situation.
 30th of Sep, 2007 by   David Thomas 0 Votes
hello i tried to sign up for 3 day trial and the credit card info that i gave was correct and valid but it said that the transaction could not be completed and i should try another card which i dont have so can you tell me what the problem may be?
thanks David
 7th of Oct, 2007 by   Chet J Manko 0 Votes
I clicked on 3 day trial for 1.95 & without any notice to me they went ahead & started billing me @ 50.00 a month. What a bunch of crimanals! They should be locked up for these lo-life ways.
 8th of Oct, 2007 by   kayhan oren 0 Votes
Mate1.com using still my credit card. I paid 1 time for a year. I learned they taking 65$ per mount. You have to pay back, and you will pay, and I will tell everybody on the world.
 9th of Oct, 2007 by   Mate1 0 Votes
Mr. Thomas: I'd need a bit more information about the transaction to determine why it might have been declined. I'd suggest calling customer service at (888)688-4760 so we can get to the bottom of this.

Mr. Manko: The credit card page clearly states that if you don't cancel your trial membership, it will be renewed to a full monthly membership. This is repeated again in the receipt that was emailed to you and in the terms and conditions. We gave you notice in three places. I fail to see how the fact that you chose not read, makes us criminals.

Mr. Oren: We've never offered a yearly membership plan. We only offer monthly memberships at $49.95 USD and a one-time three day trial at $1.95. If we're still charging you're card its because you never canceled your membership. If you do not wish to continue your membership, either use the cancellation form on our website or contact customer service.
 9th of Oct, 2007 by   Mate1 0 Votes
A.King: I hope you contacted customer service about this issue. Without knowing the details of the issue, I really can't comment any further.

Kamlesh: You were at least six hours late canceling your subscription, since our three day trials are actually 78 hours long. If you had canceled on the second day you would have proof of that on your cancellation receipt and we would have refunded the charges.
 14th of Oct, 2007 by   Robert J. Brito 0 Votes
I too bought the three day trial, when I went to cancel before the end of the three day trial, I found that it was next to impossible to get on the site to cancel. On THE phone, I repeatedly got nothing but a busy signal. Finally I had to get to work, still with no success at reaching Mate 1 for cancellation. After I got home from work that evening, I was finally able to get on Mate 1 site to cancel! Past the cancellation date that would keep me from being billed. My biggest gripe, is that it would be different if the site was a good one, but it sucks big time, in every way. It would take to long to voice all my concerns,, so I have to eat getting billed. What a bogus site. Was I ever a fool to trust Mate 1.
 3rd of Nov, 2007 by   Maria Nep 0 Votes
Mate 1 is a real example died morality. Owners of this website make money on official prostitution. they must be in a Court room and at least pay huge amount of money as sue or be in a prison!!! I heard a lots of complains from pay members and not pay members. I wish I could be smart enough to show their business on TV that will be a real scandal.
 18th of Nov, 2007 by   Jim Swallow 0 Votes

Bait and switch rip off! - Mate1.com

This site is a bait and switch RIPOFF run by a SLEAZE BAG attorney from New York.
 18th of Nov, 2007 by   Jim Swallow +1 Votes
This website is a bait and switch RIPOFF!!! The support staff is useless and combative. I wonder how long it is become they are done. Good ridins. The owner is some slimy attorney from New York. Go figure...

Beware of Work at Home Scams