logo

Apply urgent loan offer

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Mary Anne Claro Talent Agency, Inc., Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Complaints & Reviews - no complaint ever !!!!!!!!!!!

Mary Anne Claro Talent Agency, Inc. Contacts & Informations

Mary Anne Claro Talent Agency, Inc.

Posted:    mary anne claro

no complaint ever !!!!!!!!!!!

The Mary Anne Claro Talent Agency Inc.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Phone: 215-465-7788
clarotalent.com
This is Mary Anne Claro responding to the two and I will say that again only two complaints !! This is not against the law and I have never done anything illegal and do not appreciate the fact that this is what is written !! HOW DARE YOU !!!

After being in business for thirty three years and booking a tremendous amount of jobs I am PROUD of the business that my company does !! You try doing for just one day then come and speak to me in person or is this the only way people communicate / well / this is not my way / so lets do this right call me to complain / in fact come right to the agency I would be happy to deal with you face to face !!!

Again !!! How dare you say one bad thing about my agency !!!

Mary Anne Claro
Agent / sag-aftra-aea
Comments United States Airlines
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

18th of Sep, 2009 by   HonestSuvillian +1 Votes
MARY ANNE CLARO TALENT AGENCY IS A HUGE SCAM. NO WHERE, NOT IN ANY STATE DO YOU PAY ANY UPFRONT FEES. SHE LIES TO HER CLIENTS AND TELLS THEM THAT THEY WILL "ONLY" SPEND $150 TO BE PLACED ON THEIR WEBSITE- THAT'S COMPLETELY FALSE! SOURCES LIKE SUPER MODEL, TYRA BANKS, THE ACTORS GUILD, & ANY OTHER WEBSITE THAT AWARES YOU OF SCAMS WILL TELL YOU THAT UPFRONT FEES ARE # 1.

SHE AND HER MOTHER MINIPULATE THE CLIENTS BY MAKING THEM FEEL AT HOME AND COMFORTABLE ALL FOR YOUR $150 PAYMENT TO CLEAR & YOU NEVER HEAR FROM THEM AGAIN!
SHE GETS VERY UPSET WHEN YOU QUESTION WHY YOU'VE HAVEN'T HAD ANY CASTING CALLS OR IF SHE FEELS LIKE YOUR CHALLENGING HER JOB!

I TRIED TO GET IN TOUCH WITH HER & SHE WOULDN'T EVEN EMAIL ME BACK. NEVER EVER WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS DISCRACE OF A COMPANY. ANY COMPANY THAT WILL EVEN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF SOMEONES CHILD IS A LITTLE TOO RUTHLESS FOR ME!
 23rd of Sep, 2009 by   mary anne claro 0 Votes
where are my comments located I do not see them and I posted 2 // Mary Anne Claro
 23rd of Sep, 2009 by   mary anne claro 0 Votes
In reference to the so called complaint of the mother of Xavier Caleb Whitehead
Please any agent or manager better watch this one her name is Mrs. Whitehead she has only hade her son with the agency for 8 weeks and paid $ 150.00 to be on my site for three years that comes to $ 4.16 per month and she has the nerve to complaine that I am a ripp off !! HOW DARE YOU ever speak of my mother in any way other then with respect !! Mrs. Whitehead you keep telling me you have a lawyer well Mrs. Whitehead I'm waiting to meeet him and see you face to face stop being such a coward and come to me I welcome to challenge !! I have been recognized by all three union Sag Aftra & Equity not that you even understand what that means as you are so unprofessional I'm not sure anything I have said to you even registers in your small mind !!!

I look forward to speaking to a Lawyer who would take time for this small amount of money but LET"S GET IT ON !!! I'm ready for you !!! Mary Anne Claro
www.clarotalent.com President Agent Sag Aftra Equity
 9th of Apr, 2010 by   KH Sosnowski 0 Votes
I was just googling Mary Anne Claro Talent Agency to get their address and I found this post. I am absolutely shocked. My son has been a client of this agency for three years and he and I have been treated with nothing but professional guidance and respect. I remember being incredibly impressed by the gentle and sweet nature of Mary Anne's mother as she had my son read for her that first time. There wasn't an insincere moment then and there hasn't been since. These agents make their living by having their clients succeed. They are in it for the long haul, not to make a quick buck on a website posting scam. The whole idea is utterly ridiculous. Their reputations are everything to them and, in my experience - and I would venture a guess every other client of Mary Anne's except this crazy woman's - Mary Anne Claro Talent Agency should and does have a stellar reputation.
Just a note to this crazy woman: Agents do not have time to chat with their clients' parents. If you need to be coddled, I would suggest getting a manager - if you could find one to take you on. There doesn't seem to be enough money in the world for that though, so good luck to you. If you haven't heard from the agency, my bet is no one in casting has expressed an interest in your child. This business is tough - I hate it, but my son loves it...so here we are!

And FYI, I was looking up their address so I could finish sending headshots to a production company in LA regarding an audition for a lead role in a feature film this agency got for my son!

Kate Sosnowski
 9th of Sep, 2010 by   Johnthe former actor 0 Votes
I went to her agency in 1998. She never sent me on a single audition!. She charged me for her bullshit acting classes though!
 29th of Sep, 2010 by   HonestJr 0 Votes
I will admit she is and can be a very sweet woman, but the one experience I had with her screaming and yelling at me like she was my mother was my one and only straw that she pulled from me. The time this happened she had called me for an audition and was also asking how I have been. I told her about an audition I have been to and she completely freaked out at me for not telling her, as if I went behind her back to sabotage her which was her exact words and as you can see up above her famous line, she said "How dare you go behind my back!" If I wanted to go behind her back I wouldn't have told her about the audition I went on. Very unprofessional and defensive for no reason instead of thinking before you overreact. I had always respected her until that moment. I never meant any harm towards her and that's the unstable response I got from her. As you can see from her other unstable responses listed above from her to other complaints.

JR.
 16th of Mar, 2011 by   Mark Kratzer 0 Votes
Mary Anne is a true professional. She will tell you how it is and some people can't handle this but she has helped me learn many valuable lessons about this profession and she works harder to get her talent booked vs. other agents that I've had in the past. She is a passionate person who can sometimes come off as brash but under this woman is a kind and caring one who deserves respect. I would go to bat for her any day of the week as some people just don't know how to follow directions and follow her requests. Always be careful where you spend your money but I have booked union work through her and I call her my friend. Maybe the person who never got any auditions doesn’t know how to market themselves. She is not a manager but an agent so I think some of you people need to take a class about the business of the business and take responsibility for your own so called acting careers.
 19th of Mar, 2011 by   theatre_freak 0 Votes
I was going to send my headshot and resume but I don't know if I should now but I still will and see for myself how she is because I can't just go on complaints from people but I heard from other people she is a pretty good agency
 27th of Jul, 2011 by   maryannenono +1 Votes
 27th of Jul, 2011 by   maryannenono +1 Votes
EDIT: Yeah seriously guys I think Mary Anne Claro Agency is full of shit. Excuse my language but, it's true. Don't waist your time like i did. I had an audition with her not too long ago. The first thing she asked me to do is to read my monologue. I did it and she told me she almost cried of how "good" I was. She said her mom died at a young age and that's why the monologue touched her. At first she seemed very sweet telling me how pretty I am and "BLAH BLAH BLAH". She went on about how half of the actors today don't know what they are doing. She told me stories that were completely unrelated to what I was there for. SHE TALKED TO MUCH. I mean, don't get me wrong she's a nice lady and all but, seriously, HUGE SCAM. She went on about how half of these people in the business ask for like 10, ooo dollars and their agency barely charge anything compare to others. She said they only charge like $199 for their classes with some dude name Bill. She also told me how Will Smith sister came in their one day trying to get sign. -_-! Oh Please! She also went on how when her daughter was younger, when she was trying to get her in the business ("when she didn't knew any better"(her words), she paid an agent $500 dollars then the next day the company moved.-_- ! This is when she went how they're there for the "long run". These agents be trying to get advantage of us. Trying to bring our ego up for NOTHING. -I'm just talking from experience. I don't know I'm just saying she's full of sh*t.(Again excuse my language) I hate to believe they were a scam but, seriously they were. You can go and see it for yourself. I know a lot about the business. I been in a Performing Arts school for 3 years now. My teacher has told me these things. She always have said watch out for Scams. Money upfront by an AGENT is a big NO-NO. Those has always been exactly her words. Young and aspiring actors please watch out. Seriously.

I just created this account to put my experience to warn others but, if you want to talk to me write me at melissatalks@gmail.com. I might delete my email in a month or 2 though so, I hope you get to read this before I delete it.
 27th of Jul, 2011 by   OMGJJJ +1 Votes
omg the comment below me! That same thing happen to me Melissa if thats your name considering your email. That's crazy! she talked to me about her mom that passed away to and she wants me to pay her for classes and to be and her website! crazy isn't it. Mrs.claro is nice and all but she knows shes full of it
 26th of Aug, 2011 by   OMGJJJ 0 Votes
@omgjjj you to?? email me at melissatalks@live.com

Save Money by Planning the Several Meals with One Ingredient