Sdalton912 - I agree! I was on a retreat, I was bumming smokes for awhile until my Salem 100's arrived from a friend. I was smoking Marlboro red 100's. One drag, big deep drag like I take with my Salem's and I inhaled deeply in my way, and I got an instant sore throat. The smoke was harsh, hot, tasteless, and nasty. I would rather inhale a cigar, in fact it was like inhaling a cheap, thin cigar. I never liked Marlboros anyway, but I never remembered them to be that bad. Later that day, I bummed a Marlboro light short, and I got a nasty headache and nausea. Now since I was temporarily bumming smokes, "beggars can't be choosers". But I would quit smoking if the only cigarettes available were Marlboros, and I love to smoke either Salem 100's, Newport 100's, or B & H Menthol 100's full flavor. In my opinion, they are using "wet tobacco", and hanging it in the drying silos way to long, so It stales off. They are probably spraying it with too much ammonia to increase the nicotine release. But I have learned that nicotine has a property that will stop headaches. I don'y know, but people have been hospitalized from smoking these new Marlboros. Switch brands until they start getting more feedback. I recommend Winston 100''s full flavor, which are a good fresh, smooth smoke for non-menthol smokers. They use fine tobaccos, and are made my R.J. Reynolds, and company that produce Salem brands. Or go ahead and just try a pack of Salem 100's green label, full flavor. You won't be disappointed! Buy for now, I would stay away from the big Reds if I were you as well as their nasty light partners in the evil white pack. God, I hate Marlboros!