logo

DMCI
To aspiring & excited homeowners - BEWARE OF DMCI, Royal Palms
3. (13 mins ago)
Psg Surveys
Stay away from these con artist
4. (14 mins ago)
Do NOT use Cardinal If you Care about your stuff

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Manis Modular Homes, Winston-Salem, North Carolina Complaints & Reviews - Beware of Owner's Business Ethics

Manis Modular Homes Contacts & Informations

Manis Modular Homes

Posted:    Cooper Thomson

Beware of Owner's Business Ethics

Trisd Custom Builders
Patterson Avenue
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Very poor Workmanship: Drywall finishing, walls and ceiling with raised surface at seams, cast shadow on ceiling. Painting with trash, no sanding, unfinished areas, and spackle left showing. I had re-painted myself before Christmas - $4K cost. Owners partner said, "I could live with it until I was ready to paint", a duration of five years.
Vinyl fascia improperly installed, wood area left uncovered, nail holes showing, and dents in surface.
Fireplace hearth broken and spotted with overspray paint, rock covered with overspray paint.
Hardwood flooring splintering, and lays uneven.
Heat vent in master bath covered with corner tub, cold air coming through seams and cracks, master bedroom and bath stays cold. Using electric heater to regulate tempature.
Smoke detectors keep alarming.
Upstairs Air handler noisy and viberates throughout house.
Bathroom vents do not pull out moisture and odors. Cooking vent does'nt pull odors and smoke outside.
Concreat driveway cracking within first two months after being poured.
Brick masonry work, concreat does'nt match.
Crawlspace auto-vents stay open in cold.
Had landscaping company to regrade and sow yard. $2.5K cost out of my pocket.
No official walkthrough, no warranties in hand, A so called punch list never completed,
I could go own with complaints but I'll stop.
I never ask owner to correct all that is wrong. But what I did start pushing to get done three months later, almost one full year from start, four months after living in home, four months after final 30 yr. fixed mortgage, the owner threatens me with an invoice and tells me I owe him $12.5K. My wife and I was stuned, in shock, the feeling is undescribable.
Mr. Manis got what he was after - We sat down and shut our mouth, After attourney cost, and back and forth on the phone, Mr. Manis lowered his, "invoice" to $3K. I have learned much from this experience. I especially learned what the term low balling in the modular business means. My wife and I are currently scraping to pay the $3K. It is less than the cost of legal fees to fight off Mr. Manis's threat. We are honest people but very naive. Apparently! We never dreamed our $225K would cause so much pain and money. Beware!!!
Comments United States Building, Construction
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Phishing Scams